BFTG QPR

147 posts
Jack Celliers
Hob Nob Regular

Re: BFTG QPR

by Jack Celliers » 27 Dec 2019 10:33

windermereROYAL I read from some reports we were under the cosh for 15-20 minutes at the end, must have been watching a different game to me, in normal time QPR hit the bar and Rafael saved with his head, apart from that we were nowhere near under the cosh for that long. we were hanging on in the 4 minutes added time though.
On balance were deserved to win because we performed for 85 minutes rather than 10.

For 70 minutes we were awesome, but from then on we moved into a half- hearted survival mode, and coped far less well. I thought we were under the cosh for 20-25 minutes.

Woodcote Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Woodcote Royal » 27 Dec 2019 10:42

St Pauli I was thinking of going to this, but I had a lot on today.

But I went anyway.

My first game in a while, and first time in the South Stand since Club 1871 became a thing.

I’m not 100% supportive of the increasing ultra style support in British football, but have to admit that the Reading scene in the East stand was on its arse and dying (with the exception of the odd game) last time I attended regularly. So I’m all in favour of this new youth movement in the south stand.

They also seem relatively open to switching to tried and tested traditional chants when such chants get the stand going. So a good mix of old school spontaneity and youthful ultra exuberance. Top marks.

Oh and yeah the football was OK too .

Yeah I was particularly impressed by the pricks who didn't want to give the ball back and the return of that time honoured favourite about stabbing Swindon fans.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 27 Dec 2019 10:44

Hound Generally we played pretty well I thought

Joao did a good job 2nd half particularly and a couple of good efforts at goal. Meite was fine and defended well but needs to work on his crossing.

Pele motm for me. Thought he held the midfield together 2nd half. Swift was slightly off the pace and Adam tired badly in the 2nd period

Defence were all pretty good, esp Moore and Rafael. Blackett a few dodgy moments in there

QPR had decent ends to both halves but we just about deserved the win. Kept a decent hold on Eze who didn’t contribute as much as he can

Concerned about Swift leaving tbh. Did Adam say something like ‘hopefully we can keep hold of him to the end of the season’ or was that me mid-hearing? He makes the team tick

There were times when I thought Pele was going to be caught in possession of the ball but he showed strength, skill and composure. His best game for us to date I feel.
Don’t know what’s happened to Rinomhota. There was a moment after he had come in where the ball was there for him to intercept but he held back and the ball was lost.
He seems to be lacking in confidence.

Woodcote Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Woodcote Royal » 27 Dec 2019 10:51

URZZZZ
Royal Rother
URZZZZ
Thought he was poor throughout except for the odd bit of magic, cracking bit of skill for the chance where Morrison cleared off the line to be fair

Over the two games, he’s no where near as good as QPR fans hype him up

I really don’t understand. He was the best player on the pitch. Danger danger every time he got the ball.

I didn’t think he did too much personally, thought Pele kept him wrapped up well. Of course, it’s clear to see he has genuine class, and a few times he found space and caused danger but throughout the game, I didn’t think he offered a lot

Really twas only when we dropped deep and he could go on his mazy runs where he looked more in his element

Same here.

He's a good player but surely Swift's goal topped anything he did all night which was not one of his best because we contained him quite well for much of it.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 27 Dec 2019 10:54

Woodcote Royal
URZZZZ
Royal Rother
I really don’t understand. He was the best player on the pitch. Danger danger every time he got the ball.

I didn’t think he did too much personally, thought Pele kept him wrapped up well. Of course, it’s clear to see he has genuine class, and a few times he found space and caused danger but throughout the game, I didn’t think he offered a lot

Really twas only when we dropped deep and he could go on his mazy runs where he looked more in his element

Same here.

He's a good player but surely Swift's goal topped anything he did all night which was not one of his best because we contained him quite well for much of it.

Yep, sums up my view of his performance. Obvs a very good player, but Pele did an excellent job on him

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 27 Dec 2019 11:08

Excellent defensive performance. People slating Gunter (who was actually decent) can’t even bring themselves to acknowledge being in the right place to clear that shot off the line, dreary me.

Raphael is improving game on game.

Defensively getting tighter. We did give up a lot of space in middle of park which needs to be worked on.

We are nowhere near a complete team but with 21 points from 36 for Bowen and sitting 4th in table form guide from October, he has worked miracles.

Yet still we have the fan base waiting to pounce on any poor results.

Club1871 were excellent. Initiative well and truly cemented its position. Well done.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 27 Dec 2019 11:29

paultheroyal Excellent defensive performance. People slating Gunter (who was actually decent) can’t even bring themselves to acknowledge being in the right place to clear that shot off the line, dreary me.

Raphael is improving game on game.

Defensively getting tighter. We did give up a lot of space in middle of park which needs to be worked on.

We are nowhere near a complete team but with 21 points from 36 for Bowen and sitting 4th in table form guide from October, he has worked miracles.

Yet still we have the fan base waiting to pounce on any poor results.

Club1871 were excellent. Initiative well and truly cemented its position. Well done.

I dread to imagine people’s reactions had we drew the game when Gunter just stood there and let his man have a free shot

Dreadful defending there but on the whole he was superb

John Madejski's Wallet
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Anyone who lives within their means shows a serious lack of imagination

by John Madejski's Wallet » 27 Dec 2019 11:32

One thing I particularly enjoyed was the constant spanking off by the commentators about the Warburton ethos of banning the players from shooting from more than 22 yds...…..yet they were losing to exactly such a goal :lol: :lol:

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 27 Dec 2019 11:33

Gunter was very good I thought - set up 3 very good chances as well (Ejaria and the two Joao efforts)

Be interesting to see what Bowen does when Yiadom is back fit. I wouldnt be totally against/surprised if he puts Yiadom RM and goes 4-4-2

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 27 Dec 2019 11:43

Yiadom RM could work but I think I’d rather McCleary and Meite there (especially if it would mean putting him back up front)

Alternatively if none of the left backs are able to keep the shirt, it could be a case of putting Gunter LB. Blackett has only started four games and we’ve kept a clean sheet in three of them, and whilst he was generally good yesterday, I can just never feel 100% confident with him there, he switches off too often and was at fault for their offside goal. It’s a shame because he’s actually very good on the ball

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 27 Dec 2019 11:44

John Madejski's Wallet One thing I particularly enjoyed was the constant spanking off by the commentators about the Warburton ethos of banning the players from shooting from more than 22 yds...…..yet they were losing to exactly such a goal :lol: :lol:

I must say I was very pleased when Smith lined up that shot for them in the 92nd minute whilst we were under the cosh. Really weird decision from him

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 27 Dec 2019 12:18

URZZZZ Yiadom RM could work but I think I’d rather McCleary and Meite there (especially if it would mean putting him back up front)

Alternatively if none of the left backs are able to keep the shirt, it could be a case of putting Gunter LB. Blackett has only started four games and we’ve kept a clean sheet in three of them, and whilst he was generally good yesterday, I can just never feel 100% confident with him there, he switches off too often and was at fault for their offside goal. It’s a shame because he’s actually very good on the ball

Bless him Blackett does switch off. Caught in possession on one occasion and rinsed on another and that chest back to Rafael was scary but he is playing pretty well on the whole and is undoubtedly a talented player. At the moment let’s keep the back four as it is. Three consecutive clean sheets.
Just to add that since Bowen has been manager only one team has conceded less goals than us in the League.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 27 Dec 2019 12:19

Hound Gunter was very good I thought - set up 3 very good chances as well (Ejaria and the two Joao efforts)

Be interesting to see what Bowen does when Yiadom is back fit. I wouldnt be totally against/surprised if he puts Yiadom RM and goes 4-4-2

He put in four or five good crosses during the game. How often does Yids do that?

Victor Meldrew
Hob Nob Addict

by Victor Meldrew » 27 Dec 2019 12:23

Watched the game from my sick bed at the same time as watching Liverpool-probably the sickness was a Reading disease picked up at the Derby game..
Very pleased with the result with the 6 points gained from these past 2 home games and the game was a bit better than many of these hoops derbies although the result was the usual scoreline.

Nobody played badly, even Gunter put in a few decent crosses but the comedy moment was him running away when he thought our keeper was going to hit him, rather than as he thought, hug him!!
Poor Chris he is not a very brave little soldier.
It seems as though Rafael was raging because Gunter was unaware that their player was about to score.

We are now a fair mid table side when we can get Ejaria and Swift on the pitch at the same time.

2 very tricky fixtures to come but maybe we can somehow make a Preston side look moderate again, the same Preston who last night were thought to be the best side to be seen at Elland Road this season.

One slightly worrying thing when Swift and Adam were interviewed after the game I thought I heard Adam say how good a player Swifty is and hopefully we can keep hold of him in January as a throwaway line-hopefully I didn't hear something that wasn't there.

St Pauli
Hob Nob Legend

by St Pauli » 27 Dec 2019 12:37

Woodcote Royal
St Pauli I was thinking of going to this, but I had a lot on today.

But I went anyway.

My first game in a while, and first time in the South Stand since Club 1871 became a thing.

I’m not 100% supportive of the increasing ultra style support in British football, but have to admit that the Reading scene in the East stand was on its arse and dying (with the exception of the odd game) last time I attended regularly. So I’m all in favour of this new youth movement in the south stand.

They also seem relatively open to switching to tried and tested traditional chants when such chants get the stand going. So a good mix of old school spontaneity and youthful ultra exuberance. Top marks.

Oh and yeah the football was OK too .

Yeah I was particularly impressed by the pricks who didn't want to give the ball back and the return of that time honoured favourite about stabbing Swindon fans.

Does anyone actually take that stabbing chant seriously? It’s not like we have a recent history of it.

As for not giving the ball back, it’s fans having a laugh, not sure what the issue is.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 27 Dec 2019 12:38

Mr Dai has shown that he is unwilling to let our best players go.

Unless a huge bid comes in then I wouldn't worry too much about Swift going.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 27 Dec 2019 12:42

sandman Mr Dai has shown that he is unwilling to let our best players go.

Yep Swift is also under contract until Summer 2022. So if a team comes in for him it will have to be very large numbers for us to sell.

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 27 Dec 2019 12:47

sandman Mr Dai has shown that he is unwilling to let our best players go.

If you're going to sell your best players at this level, it should be for a game changing sum of money (e.g. Maddison, Maupay, Webster). £5m or so at this level barely buys a traffic cone with a smiley face drawn on these days.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 27 Dec 2019 13:14

Yeah it’s have to be 15m+

Wouldn’t be too surprised to see someone pay it

Also depends on Swift - if he wants a prem career he can’t hang around for ever - he’s 24 now, so not especially young

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 27 Dec 2019 13:25

Zip
Hound Gunter was very good I thought - set up 3 very good chances as well (Ejaria and the two Joao efforts)

He put in four or five good crosses during the game. How often does Yids do that?

Yids just wants to cut inside and take defenders on too much.

He's a great outlet to carry the ball forward, but if he'd just go outside occasionally and cross more he'd be so much better.

He's ahead of Gunts for me, but no need to rush him back. Think I'd prefer Meite or McCleary RW over Yids.

Meite and Joao are chipping in quite regularly at the moment so have to play IMO.

147 posts