MATCHWATCH : Blackpool (h) sponsored by cup fever

185 posts
Kitsondinho
Hob Nob Addict
Location: at a cricket ground somewhere around the country........

Re: MATCHWATCH : Blackpool (h) sponsored by cup fever

by Kitsondinho » 02 Jan 2020 12:57

Hound Realistically Aluko has to be nowhere near the first 11 in the league. So many better players in the queue ahead of him. Lazy, soft winger/no. 10/attacking mid thing who can't tackle is just about the opposite of what Bowen appears to want, and rightly so

Fine to for him to play in this if he has to though. I'd personally be in favour of resting the entire first 11 from the last few matches - be silly to risk injury, and a few are probably close to doing themselves some damage

Plenty of quality in the squad to progress past Blackpool

Why? Yes he was very poor a year ago, but if Bowen can get the best out of him, he will be a useful option in the 2nd half of the season. He has proven with Fulham and Hull that he can play at this level. He has just been awful for us (so far).

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 02 Jan 2020 12:58

NewCorkSeth ---------------------CBC
Howe---Miazga---Morrison---Richards
--------Rinomhota--Olise
McCleary-----------------------------Barrett
--------------------Loader

Are we only playing with 10 this weekend to give Blackpool a chance?

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 02 Jan 2020 13:03

Kitsondinho
Hound Realistically Aluko has to be nowhere near the first 11 in the league. So many better players in the queue ahead of him. Lazy, soft winger/no. 10/attacking mid thing who can't tackle is just about the opposite of what Bowen appears to want, and rightly so

Fine to for him to play in this if he has to though. I'd personally be in favour of resting the entire first 11 from the last few matches - be silly to risk injury, and a few are probably close to doing themselves some damage

Why? Yes he was very poor a year ago, but if Bowen can get the best out of him, he will be a useful option in the 2nd half of the season. He has proven with Fulham and Hull that he can play at this level. He has just been awful for us (so far).

Whats the why for? Where would you see him fitting into the system? I would see GMac, Meite, Swift, Ejaria, Adam, Olise, Loader, Puscas, Joao, Baldock, Yiadom, Obita, Richards and Boye all being ahead of him in the various positions he is supposed to be able to play in

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 02 Jan 2020 13:03

--------Rinomhota--Olise

You don't want us to go through?

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 02 Jan 2020 13:05

URZZZZ
--------Rinomhota--Olise

What you on about m8 I have Aluko playing between McCleary and Barrett. I just suspect his performance will be anonymous thus have left him invisible on my team sheet.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 02 Jan 2020 13:06

Old Man Andrews
--------Rinomhota--Olise

Dont care one way or tother.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 02 Jan 2020 13:06

NewCorkSeth
URZZZZ
--------Rinomhota--Olise

What you on about m8 I have Aluko playing between McCleary and Barrett. I just suspect his performance will be anonymous thus have left him invisible on my team sheet.

I was awaiting that sort of response but I wasn’t sure if you were going to mention Aluko or Boye!

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 02 Jan 2020 13:07

NewCorkSeth
Old Man Andrews
--------Rinomhota--Olise

Its the FA Cup, you need to start caring!

Kitsondinho
Hob Nob Addict
Location: at a cricket ground somewhere around the country........

by Kitsondinho » 02 Jan 2020 13:09

Hound
Kitsondinho

Whats the why for? Where would you see him fitting into the system? I would see GMac, Meite, Swift, Ejaria, Adam, Olise, Loader, Puscas, Joao, Baldock, Yiadom, Obita, Richards and Boye all being ahead of him in the various positions he is supposed to be able to play in

New manager, fresh start. Lets see what Bowen intends to do with him.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 02 Jan 2020 13:10

Hound
Kitsondinho

From what I see, we’re playing a 4-1-4-1, I reckon he could perhaps do a job as one of the more attacking CM’s but only when chasing a game

For example, it seems Adam will more or less come off every game regardless of the score but bringing on Rino for Adam when chasing a game may be a waste. In that situation, Aluko could be viable

However I’d rather play you at RM than see the Gunter and Aluko combo again, and it seems for a while anyway that Gunter has the shirt at RB

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 02 Jan 2020 13:10

URZZZZ
NewCorkSeth
URZZZZ

I was awaiting that sort of response but I wasn’t sure if you were going to mention Aluko or Boye!

Damn I'm becoming predictable. Also I have nothing bad to say about that second person.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 02 Jan 2020 13:12

Old Man Andrews
NewCorkSeth
Old Man Andrews You don't want us to go through?

Lol. I'm good. The cups are meant for blooding youngsters and resting players or introducing new signings to an established XI. Let's focus on Forest.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 02 Jan 2020 13:14

NewCorkSeth
Old Man Andrews
NewCorkSeth Dont care one way or tother.

Lol. I'm good. The cups are meant for blooding youngsters and resting players or introducing new signings to an established XI. Let's focus on Forest.

The FA Cup is massively important and probably the only real excitement we get this season. We could easily get quite far if we get a kind draw and take it seriously. We aren't Liverpool, we are Reading. We have no right to be resting players.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 02 Jan 2020 13:15

---------------------Walker
Howe---Miazga---Odimayo---Richards
----------Rinomhota--Olise
McCleary--------Baldock-------------Obita
-----------------------Boye

Would go for that ^^^ Should be plenty good enough

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 02 Jan 2020 13:16

Old Man Andrews
NewCorkSeth
Old Man Andrews Its the FA Cup, you need to start caring!

The FA Cup is massively important and probably the only real excitement we get this season. We could easily get quite far if we get a kind draw and take it seriously. We aren't Liverpool, we are Reading. We have no right to be resting players.

Oh. You were serious.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 02 Jan 2020 13:17

NewCorkSeth
Old Man Andrews
NewCorkSeth Lol. I'm good. The cups are meant for blooding youngsters and resting players or introducing new signings to an established XI. Let's focus on Forest.

Oh. You were serious.

You don't joke about the FA Cup!!!!!!!

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 02 Jan 2020 13:24

Way too many decent options in the squad to play Aluko.

ST: Joao, Baldock, Meite, Puscas, Loader, Boye

AMC: Swift, Ejaria, Olise, McCleary, Barrett

LW/F: Ejaria, Baldock, Barrett, McCleary, Olise, Richards, Obita, Boye

RW/F: Meite, McCleary, Baldock, Yiadom, Olise

He shouldn't be near the squad.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 02 Jan 2020 13:42

Aluko should be shipped out to anyone that wants him, for nothing if necessary. He has no business being at the club.

stealthpapes
Hob Nob Addict

by stealthpapes » 02 Jan 2020 14:33

Aluko's back?

'kin hell.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 02 Jan 2020 15:01

Just me who's willing to give him a chance to prove himself?

It worked with Gunter

185 posts