BFTG Fulham

Jagermesiter1871
Hob Nob Regular

Re: BFTG Fulham

by Jagermesiter1871 » 02 Jan 2020 20:46

Old Man Andrews
Jagermesiter1871
Old Man Andrews Meite is absolutely fine. He creates space for others to work in.

Do you watch the games?

Yeh but thats not really the point of a striker/winger. Unfortunately when he actually has the ball he's invariably awful.

Are you able to type a post without making some odd personal remark?

What was the personal remark? I'm asking if you watch the games because it appears you are missing the work Meite does for the team.

Ok - I confirm I do watch games. I'm not just making random comments in hope they may be plausible.

muirinho
Hob Nob Regular

by muirinho » 02 Jan 2020 20:56

Jagermesiter1871
Snowball
Barb Soon all chants will be band for fear of offending in this crazy pc world we live in.

Soon we won't be allowed to call the other side shit for fear of offending actual shits.

Rubbish

It's possible to be funny without being abusive

Homophobic, racist, (including anti-Semitic), extreme sexist chants SHOULD go.

Accept chants, accept the meaning behind them, and ultimately condone violence

It's not really homophobic chanting though is it? It's more about whorephobic.

It's definitely homophobic though. As well as being pathetic and unfunny.

Jagermesiter1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Jagermesiter1871 » 02 Jan 2020 21:11

Tbf it is a shit chant, just don't think it's particularly homophobic.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 02 Jan 2020 21:40

Jagermesiter1871
Old Man Andrews
Jagermesiter1871
Meite isn't good enough FULL STOP. Gunter and Blacket are good going forward but both capable of lapses at the back. We will concede goals down to them both but are worth there inclusion as they're offering a lot going forward and we haven't been punished too much so far.

Meite is absolutely fine. He creates space for others to work in.

Do you watch the games?

Yeh but thats not really the point of a striker/winger. Unfortunately when he actually has the ball he's invariably awful.

You're clearly wrong despite OMA being a dick again.

He scores regularly and causes plenty of problems. A winger's job is to help attack, he does so quite effectively.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 02 Jan 2020 21:43

Snowflake Royal
Jagermesiter1871
Old Man Andrews Meite is absolutely fine. He creates space for others to work in.

Do you watch the games?

You're clearly wrong despite OMA being a dick again.

He scores regularly and causes plenty of problems. A winger's job is to help attack, he does so quite effectively.

Please explain? I had to ask if he went to games as it seemed a bizarre thing to say. You're the one saying someone's opinion is wrong not me.

You are well known for never going to games so quite why you have an opinion I have no idea.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 02 Jan 2020 21:47

Watching the first goal back on the highlights just emphasises what a glorious passage of play it was.

Ejaria was actually in the Fulham half when they broke forward. He rushed back to win a tackle just outside our area with the loose ball falling to Blackett in a central position inside our area. He plays the ball forward to Adam who in turn picks out Swift. He then sweeps the ball out to the left to find Ejaria who has raced forward and collects the pass inside the Fulham half. He pushes forward, ties up three defenders on the edge of their area with his usual twinkle toes before sliding a pass through to Blackett who has bust a gut to get forward and overlap on the left. Blackett takes ball to byline before pulling back to Swift to finish the move with a goal!

Royals and Racers
Hob Nob Regular

by Royals and Racers » 02 Jan 2020 21:51

RoyalBlue Watching the first goal back on the highlights just emphasises what a glorious passage of play it was.

Ejaria was actually in the Fulham half when they broke forward. He rushed back to win a tackle just outside our area with the loose ball falling to Blackett in a central position inside our area. He plays the ball forward to Adam who in turn picks out Swift. He then sweeps the ball out to the left to find Ejaria who has raced forward and collects the pass inside the Fulham half. He pushes forward, ties up three defenders on the edge of their area with his usual twinkle toes before sliding a pass through to Blackett who has bust a gut to get forward and overlap on the left. Blackett takes ball to byline before pulling back to Swift to finish the move with a goal!

Great play with a touch of good fortune when Swift`s shot deflected off Ream into the corner of the net.

Ark Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Ark Royal » 02 Jan 2020 22:02

Snowflake Royal That passage of play where Fulham nearly scored is insane.

Great little nibble from Gunter to push Mitrovic wider and cause him pause initially, could easily have gone wrong and given away a pen or left him with an easier shot. Then a good first save, followed by a super second save. A brilliant double block from Pele to give Cabral a chance to recover and then a tremendous third save to push the shot onto the post and wide.

You won't see the like of that very often.

I noticed that and in my mind said "...well played son, good defending." I was surprised that Mitrovic stayed on his feet given that he likes a triple pike.

EverHopeful

by EverHopeful » 02 Jan 2020 22:46

one thing to say - No 13 were a definite 10 yesterday .......great support and so says my head even now !

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 03 Jan 2020 00:24

Jagermesiter1871
OLLIE KEARNS What a great Xmas period and a fantastic atmosphere at Fulham yesterday. The work rate of the Swift, Ejaria and Pele was incredible as they tracked run after run from Fulham players. Ejaria then ran Christie back the other way time after time which ultimately made the difference. With that combination of work rate, talent and organization we are going to have a chance in any game in the coming months. Long may it continue.
On the flip side we have rode our luck to a degree quite significantly in recent weeks and the simple law of averages means that it won't last. Two concerning factors would be the sheer number of dangerous crosses that teams are able to get in against us and that we're not great at keeping the ball when we do get possession higher up the pitch.
I think Meite on the right is a bit of a dilemma against better teams in that sense. He is a threat when we play lesser sides and so justifies inclusion but it did feel that we may have got a bit more quality possession if we had a more technical player in that area yesterday.
All that aside though, hats off to the team for recent performances !

Meite isn't good enough FULL STOP. Gunter and Blacket are good going forward but both capable of lapses at the back. We will concede goals down to them both but are worth there inclusion as they're offering a lot going forward and we haven't been punished too much so far.

Useful outlet in the air, especially as fullbacks are traditionally smaller. In situations under high pressure, gives us that aerial dominance and physique to win free kicks and relieve pressure. Also works hard, gets up and down the pitch well, makes tackles. First touch a lot less important on the wing as generally more space is to be had there

Needed to do more offensively against Fulham but I thought he did quite well against Fulham and QPR so it’s not a problem

Can still work on his intelligence. Couple of occasions he went for a ball that was clearly Joao’s but his decision making does seem to be gradually improving

Woodcote Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Woodcote Royal » 03 Jan 2020 01:20

Sanguine Only shame from the match is that the PA had to be used to remind our fans not to be homophobic. 'Chelsea rent-boys' was getting started from the bottom left corner for much of the first half. I shouldn't get too down on it I know, every fanbase has its idiots, was just a bit depressing.

Surprised we're still singing '...so we stab 'em' as well tbh, that hasn't aged well.

And has now migrated to the South Stand at home along, it would appear, with the usual Pr*ck who sees himself as some sort of latter day pied piper.

Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

by Sanguine » 03 Jan 2020 09:37

2 world wars, 1 world cup Wtf Cabral

That triple save is legendary. Surely up there with Sonko's superman header.

It is said a good keeper is worth a few points in a season. Well I take back what I said about the guy being average. He is above average. He manages to just keep things out. Ain't pretty. Face, arse, legs, whatever. He manages it.

Love him!!!!

Absolutely. Even the double save was spectacular, he had no right at all to make a third. Brilliant keeping. And notwithstanding that something must have gone wrong for him to end up at Reading, I guess this is what you get when you end up with a guy who was playing in the Champions League in goal for Napoli.

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 03 Jan 2020 11:07

Woodcote Royal
Sanguine Only shame from the match is that the PA had to be used to remind our fans not to be homophobic. 'Chelsea rent-boys' was getting started from the bottom left corner for much of the first half. I shouldn't get too down on it I know, every fanbase has its idiots, was just a bit depressing.

Surprised we're still singing '...so we stab 'em' as well tbh, that hasn't aged well.

And has now migrated to the South Stand at home along, it would appear, with the usual Pr*ck who sees himself as some sort of latter day pied piper.

Haha I used to start all sorts of disgusting chants, it was just the way things were. I've been out the picture for ages now, grown up with kids etc, and yeah while I think it's just harmless footy banter and there's far too much snowflakery about, I do agree times have to change. I certianly wouldn't want my toddlers hearing that stuff. On the other hand, why on earth would I be taking them to a footy match... But yeah agreed. I've had my 'fun' but I don't think spotty teenagers should have theirs now, sorry guys!

Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

by Sanguine » 03 Jan 2020 11:59

What surprised me about this particular group of neanderthals was that they were all older than me. Ring leader probably in his late 40s/early 50s.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 03 Jan 2020 12:30

Sanguine

It is said a good keeper is worth a few points in a season. Well I take back what I said about the guy being average. He is above average. He manages to just keep things out. Ain't pretty. Face, arse, legs, whatever. He manages it.

Love him!!!!

Absolutely. Even the double save was spectacular, he had no right at all to make a third. Brilliant keeping. And notwithstanding that something must have gone wrong for him to end up at Reading, I guess this is what you get when you end up with a guy who was playing in the Champions League in goal for Napoli.

Not only that but he won the Copa Libertadores with a very good Santos team as well.

He's clearly no slouch and intelligent as well judging by how quickly his English has improved in the four or five months he's been here.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 03 Jan 2020 12:52

sandman
Sanguine

Love him!!!!

Not only that but he won the Copa Libertadores with a very good Santos team as well.

He's clearly no slouch and intelligent as well judging by how quickly his English has improved in the four or five months he's been here.

Speaking English is wasted on Leeds.

St Pauli
Hob Nob Legend

by St Pauli » 04 Jan 2020 12:05

Was thinking of going to this, but didn’t make it back from Cardiff in time. Second half Reading fans sounded loud on BBCRB though.

notloyalenuffroyal

by notloyalenuffroyal » 04 Jan 2020 12:21

St Pauli Was thinking of going to this, but didn’t make it back from Cardiff in time. Second half Reading fans sounded loud on BBCRB though.

My favourite post ever in a Back from the game thread.

Summary
1. I didn't go as I was somewhere else.
2. I listened to half of it and fans sounded loud on the radio.

It's this quality analysis that I come to Hobnob for.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 04 Jan 2020 13:31

notloyalenuffroyal
St Pauli Was thinking of going to this, but didn’t make it back from Cardiff in time. Second half Reading fans sounded loud on BBCRB though.

My favourite post ever in a Back from the game thread.

Summary
1. I didn't go as I was somewhere else.
2. I listened to half of it and fans sounded loud on the radio.

It's this quality analysis that I come to Hobnob for.

Shame the East Reading Engels does it every week.