BFTG - Blackpool

135 posts
St Pauli
Hob Nob Legend

BFTG - Blackpool

by St Pauli » 04 Jan 2020 17:02

I was thinking of going today. So I did.

Well that was shit on the pitch and in the stands. Their 21 was quick for his size. Bit worrying they seemed to be able to open us up with every attack after they scored, especially considering they were so well organised in defence.

Does that cut the mustard Leon?

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

Re: BFTG - Blackpool

by NewCorkSeth » 04 Jan 2020 17:16

Walker - He was poor. God I hope Southwood is better. We need someone to fill the space between now and Coniah Boyce-Clarke leading us to the Prem.

Howe - First half I thought he looked good, second not so much. Made an important challenge but looks better at going forward than defending.

Miazga - I dont really know what to say here. Only time I really noticed him doing something wrong was his horrible crossfield pass late in the second half.

Burley - Not even close to being ready. But good on him.

Richards - Completely outmatched defensively. Still looked good going forward.

Rinomhota - Perfectly decent. Fouled every 10 minutes.

Olise - What a man. Ready for the Championship for sure. Played in Swifts deep lying role and did it well. Not as creative but has a great range of passing.

McCleary - Blew hot and cold. Mostly cold. But then he did attack really well at times.

Boye

Obita - I dunno. His crossing was good. Did he seem fit? Didnt seem to help out Richards that much.

Baldock - Legend. Bowen has a real selection headache on his hands.

Loader - So happy to see him score. Looked pretty good as a sole striker. Until Aluko came on...

Aluko - Shite.

Medford-Smith - Dunno man.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 04 Jan 2020 17:18

Boye?

Kitsondinho
Hob Nob Addict
Location: at a cricket ground somewhere around the country........

by Kitsondinho » 04 Jan 2020 17:25

We started well, but faded very quickly. The first team are safe with that performance. Walker was awful and really isn’t good enough for The Championship if he can’t deal with Blackpool. Also I’d like to thank Aluko, after spending the week defending him, he floated around doing not a lot. :roll:

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 04 Jan 2020 17:25

Zip Boye?

I couldnt possibly comment. I have made an agreement with URZZZ that if I have nothing nice to say I wont say anything.

Westwood52
Hob Nob Regular

by Westwood52 » 04 Jan 2020 17:38

Company director on the radio moaning that we didn’t pick the first team.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 04 Jan 2020 17:44

Walker 4 - wasn’t disastrous but probably could have done better with
both goals

Howe 4 - started off OK but tired badly and was a liability the last 30 minutes
Miazga 6 - did OK
Burley 4 - started the first 15 OK but clearly isn’t good enough
Richards 4 - looked as much as a kid out there as Howe did

Rino 5 - horrible first half, played a lot better second
Olise 6 - don’t think he was amazing, too slow too often, but was one of a few to try and take the initiative and played a good ball through to Baldock

McCleary 3 - chance to impress and he failed. Horrific
Boye 3 - chance to impress and he failed. Horrific. The amount of times he beat a couple of players just to give away the most straight forward pass is baffling
Obita 4 - one thing we’ve learnt is there’s a reason he moved back to LB. Such an anonymous and pointless performance

Baldock 7 - brightest spark in the first half and capped it off with a goal

Loader 6 - scored but did nothing else
Aluko 4 - was ineffective but had a 5 minute spell where he looked sharp. Just a shame the other 25 was wasted

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 04 Jan 2020 17:47

URZZZZ Walker 4 - wasn’t disastrous but probably could have done better with
both goals

Miazga 6 - did OK

Olise 6 - don’t think he was amazing, too slow too often, but was one of a few to try and take the initiative and played a good ball through to Baldock

Boye 3 - chance to impress and he failed. Horrific. The amount of times he beat a couple of players just to give away the most straight forward pass is baffling
Obita 4 - one thing we’ve learnt is there’s a reason he moved back to LB. Such an anonymous and pointless performance

Aluko 4 - was ineffective but had a 5 minute spell where he looked sharp. Just a shame the other 25 was wasted

I get having a go at Walker but blaming him for the 2nd goal is outrageous, he also made an outstanding point blank save late on,

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 04 Jan 2020 18:03

Thought the youngsters largely did ok but none are ready for starting championship football week in and week out based on that. Regular cameos from the bench for Olise and Loader should certainly be considered though.

Thought the more experienced players should have done better than they did and that was probably why the result wasn’t as good as it could have been.

Finally, thought that Aluko did ok considering that was the first football he’s played in a month and he’s only had a few sessions back in training.

Looking forward to a nice fresh raring to go first team next week.

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 04 Jan 2020 18:16

Dreadful performance All round . Apart from the pass I am not getting the love for olise. Pretty anonymous throughout the game. However, I reserve my comments for Sam Walker. Credit due, he made a save to keep us in the game, but let’s be honest, he is not very good. He looks like a keeper, has the presence of a keeper but performs like he’s doing a Virginia. Should of saved the first, should of saved the second and for a man who is 6 foot 7, I don’t think I have ever seen a keeper less commanding in his box. Never claimed one cross or corner and when he did, he fell over, dropped the ball and claimed a foul. His inability to come for crosses or punch away is shocking. If Raphael gets injured we are oxf*rd.

Interesting comments from Bowen post game. Interpreted to read: we draw a top prem team away from home he fields the same team. Draw a league one team at home it’s the first team.

P!ssed Off
Hob Nob Regular

by P!ssed Off » 04 Jan 2020 18:24

On loan to Reading
Lucas Boye (23 years old): 787 minutes: 1 goal, 1 assist

Owned by Reading
Michael Olise (18 years old): 196 minutes: 2 assists
Danny Loader (19 years old): 238 minutes: 1 goal
Josh Barrett (21 years old): 359 minutes: 2 goals, 1 assist

ffs send Boye back in January and give his minutes to players years younger, with more quality, who we actually own.

Dick Habbin's hairdo
Hob Nob Regular

by Dick Habbin's hairdo » 04 Jan 2020 18:26

NewCorkSeth Walker - He was poor. God I hope Southwood is better. We need someone to fill the space between now and Coniah Boyce-Clarke leading us to the Prem.

Howe - First half I thought he looked good, second not so much. Made an important challenge but looks better at going forward than defending.

Miazga - I dont really know what to say here. Only time I really noticed him doing something wrong was his horrible crossfield pass late in the second half.

Burley - Not even close to being ready. But good on him.

Richards - Completely outmatched defensively. Still looked good going forward.

Rinomhota - Perfectly decent. Fouled every 10 minutes.

Olise - What a man. Ready for the Championship for sure. Played in Swifts deep lying role and did it well. Not as creative but has a great range of passing.

McCleary - Blew hot and cold. Mostly cold. But then he did attack really well at times.

Boye

Obita - I dunno. His crossing was good. Did he seem fit? Didnt seem to help out Richards that much.

Baldock - Legend. Bowen has a real selection headache on his hands.

Loader - So happy to see him score. Looked pretty good as a sole striker. Until Aluko came on...

Aluko - Shite.

Medford-Smith - Dunno man.

Pretty much bang on - even the Boye assessment.
Walker really is pony.
MOTM Olise by some miles....

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 04 Jan 2020 18:39

P!ssed Off On loan to Reading
Lucas Boye (23 years old): 787 minutes: 1 goal, 1 assist

Owned by Reading
Michael Olise (18 years old): 196 minutes: 2 assists
Danny Loader (19 years old): 238 minutes: 1 goal
Josh Barrett (21 years old): 359 minutes: 2 goals, 1 assist

ffs send Boye back in January and give his minutes to players years younger, with more quality, who we actually own.

+1

Kitsondinho
Hob Nob Addict
Location: at a cricket ground somewhere around the country........

by Kitsondinho » 04 Jan 2020 18:43

Amused by the BBC report that we were outplayed for the majority of the match. I don’t think either team can claim to have been in charge of the game for long periods.

by 9165 » 04 Jan 2020 18:44

Agree with most of this, Olise while not brilliant was certainly trying to be creative. Thought Burley did all right too, though showed a few nerves (understandably). 6 academy boys starting, 7 finishing, has that happened before in any match other than the League cup?

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 04 Jan 2020 18:55

both goals

Miazga 6 - did OK

Sums up virtually everything I've seen from Boye.

Ooo, that was really go.... how'd he oxf*rd that bit up!?

Carlos

by Carlos » 04 Jan 2020 18:57

One question - is boye actually a professional footballer or has he won a competition to play a year for a championship club? He is utterly abysmal, no movement, awful passing and no creativity. At one point he had the ball 3 v 3 seemed to have a nose bleed and played a terrible pass. He is an embarassment of a footballer, would struggle to get into a league 2 club and is so infuriating to watch.

Baldock in comparison wanted the ball, got in good positions and scored a great goal. I gave boye a chance but I'm struggling to think of a worse player in the last 15 years.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 04 Jan 2020 18:58

windermereROYAL
both goals

Miazga 6 - did OK

I get having a go at Walker but blaming him for the 2nd goal is outrageous, he also made an outstanding point blank save late on,

That point blank save was incredibly fortuitous. Similar to Rafaels save with his head.

Chameleon

by Chameleon » 04 Jan 2020 19:04

Westwood52 Company director on the radio moaning that we didn’t pick the first team.

I give the radio callers, bar the 13 year old and the one who lived in Blackpool a 2/10. They didn't swear, no audible dribbling, but utter melts otherwise

Jagermesiter1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Jagermesiter1871 » 04 Jan 2020 19:06

Carlos One question - is boye actually a professional footballer or has he won a competition to play a year for a championship club? He is utterly abysmal, no movement, awful passing and no creativity. At one point he had the ball 3 v 3 seemed to have a nose bleed and played a terrible pass. He is an embarassment of a footballer, would struggle to get into a league 2 club and is so infuriating to watch.

Baldock in comparison wanted the ball, got in good positions and scored a great goal. I gave boye a chance but I'm struggling to think of a worse player in the last 15 years.

I think thats pretty harsh. He is quick, has a good touch and is skillful. His footballing brain and decision selection is awful however. Can that be taught? Feel like he's not a million miles off.

Walker on the other hand - awful. Any time he was asked to do anything he terrified me.

135 posts