Watching games via ifollow

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: Watching games via ifollow

by Stranded » 08 Jan 2020 17:58

Royalwaster
Stranded
Royalwaster I personally find the commentary appalling - given that these guys have been doing it for several years now they are really bad at it. I'm often tempted to turn it off as they are so bad - they routinely get the players mixed up, particularly our black players. They often make completely false assessments of the game - like 'Reading are totally in control' when they've hardly had any possession and not had a shot on target, etc. I guess this is the reason they work for a local radio station and not for the BBC, Sky, etc. but there is definitely a lot of 'room for improvement'.
Oh and I've been using iFollow via a VPN this season (bought it while abroad at the beginning of the season) - it works really well, but sometimes works with and sometimes without the need for the VPN (nice when it doesn't as I can watch it on my large PC screen rather than cast it from my phone to the TV ... resulting in a rather fuzzy picture). One thing to note is that it will generally only work on one screen .. my son and I often battle over who gets to watch it!

I never use a VPN when using it in the UK. Shouldn't need to if it was "legally" purchased abroad.

Seriously? It's supposed to be to watch games abroad ... not to buy it abroad and then watch them here, so I'm surprised you can always watch without VPN. Strange. What do you mean 'legally' bought? With me it sometimes works with, sometimes not with VPN; also sometimes I can watch it on two devices and other times not ... my assumption is that the software is not particularly sophisticated but that's just me guessing. It also only works with particular VPN locations - seems to work best when I am (virtually) in De Hague!

I mean when you have set up an account and purchased it whilst living abroad. Under current EU law if you have purchased a streaming service in one EU country you can use it in any - so until Brexit finally happens and the transition period expires, I can use the app in the UK as if I were in Germany - so no need for a VPN.

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 09 Jan 2020 09:05

Stranded
Royalwaster
Stranded
I never use a VPN when using it in the UK. Shouldn't need to if it was "legally" purchased abroad.

Seriously? It's supposed to be to watch games abroad ... not to buy it abroad and then watch them here, so I'm surprised you can always watch without VPN. Strange. What do you mean 'legally' bought? With me it sometimes works with, sometimes not with VPN; also sometimes I can watch it on two devices and other times not ... my assumption is that the software is not particularly sophisticated but that's just me guessing. It also only works with particular VPN locations - seems to work best when I am (virtually) in De Hague!

I mean when you have set up an account and purchased it whilst living abroad. Under current EU law if you have purchased a streaming service in one EU country you can use it in any - so until Brexit finally happens and the transition period expires, I can use the app in the UK as if I were in Germany - so no need for a VPN.

So does this mean paying for it with a foreign bank account too?

Can I vpn my arse 'abroad' set up an account, pay with a British debit card and then be fine here?

Readingfanman
Hob Nob Regular

by Readingfanman » 09 Jan 2020 12:21

2 world wars, 1 world cup
Stranded
Royalwaster

Can I vpn my arse 'abroad' set up an account, pay with a British debit card and then be fine here?

Should be - I used a British debit card and paid in USD in the states.

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 09 Jan 2020 15:55

Readingfanman
2 world wars, 1 world cup
Stranded

Should be - I used a British debit card and paid in USD in the states.

Thx

morganb
Hob Nob Regular

by morganb » 28 Jan 2020 20:31

Snowflake Royal
Old Man Andrews
URZZZZZZZZ
There 100% is a monitor up there for then to use, it’s shows the same feed as iFollow.

They don't use a monitor, certainly didn't a little while ago anyway which you could have easily read. You can tell this from how confused Mick is about who has had a chance or who is coming on as a sub etc.

They've talked in the past about how an incident hasn't been replayed on the monitor, so I'm confident they have one.

Liam Moore did BBCRB co-commentary on the Cardiff game, there's some video on the Reading website, no sign of any monitor...

https://www.readingfc.co.uk/news/2020/j ... ommentary/

URZZZZZZZZ
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Long knocks it back in.............IT'S READING WHO TAKE A MASSIVE STEP TOWARDS WEMBLEY!!

by URZZZZZZZZ » 29 Jan 2020 07:50

morganb
Snowflake Royal
Old Man Andrews They don't use a monitor, certainly didn't a little while ago anyway which you could have easily read. You can tell this from how confused Mick is about who has had a chance or who is coming on as a sub etc.

They've talked in the past about how an incident hasn't been replayed on the monitor, so I'm confident they have one.

Liam Moore did BBCRB co-commentary on the Cardiff game, there's some video on the Reading website, no sign of any monitor...

The screens are in the blue boxes as outlined in the circle, BBCRB screen is where the arrow is.

morganb
Hob Nob Regular

by morganb » 29 Jan 2020 08:40

URZZZZZZZZ
morganb
Snowflake Royal They've talked in the past about how an incident hasn't been replayed on the monitor, so I'm confident they have one.

The screens are in the blue boxes as outlined in the circle, BBCRB screen is where the arrow is.

Ok, thanks - I didn't spot them at the time. Guess that's case closed on the monitor debate then!

morganb
Hob Nob Regular

by morganb » 04 Feb 2020 18:35

Royalwaster I personally find the commentary appalling - given that these guys have been doing it for several years now they are really bad at it. I'm often tempted to turn it off as they are so bad - they routinely get the players mixed up, particularly our black players. They often make completely false assessments of the game - like 'Reading are totally in control' when they've hardly had any possession and not had a shot on target, etc. I guess this is the reason they work for a local radio station and not for the BBC, Sky, etc. but there is definitely a lot of 'room for improvement'.

Saw the following news story and instantly thought of BBCRB's commentary...

BBC News - Caption mix-ups 'show lack of respect' for black MPs

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-51374401