Watching games via ifollow

royalsteve

Watching games via ifollow

by royalsteve » 05 Jan 2020 01:57

Have to say tried for the first time on the Fulham game.

Absolutely seamless purchase process and video playback was superb, not a glitch in sight. Commentary was from bbc radio berks, so win win. Well worth £10 per game.

I think they are missing a trick though, should have live video subs for the season as I’d consider it if it’s the right price.

Beats watching it via some Azerbaijan or uae feed with zero commentary or worse foreign commentary.....and saves trying to find a site that streams it, and the risk of going via a site run by criminals

Old Man Andrews

Re: Watching games via ifollow

by Old Man Andrews » 05 Jan 2020 14:56

Cheers for the info and opinion Steve. Invaluable.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 05 Jan 2020 15:37

If it didn't require exploiting a VPN loophole that could be filled at any point I'd be all over it.

Even then, if the site had actually worked on a couple of occasions early on and let me purchase, rather than buttons just doing nothing, I'd probably have sorted out a VPN and be using it.

Jagermesiter1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Jagermesiter1871 » 05 Jan 2020 16:20

Wasn't the Fulham game on red button?

Westwood52
Hob Nob Regular

by Westwood52 » 05 Jan 2020 23:12

The red button has its downside;no replay,one camera,poor commentary;however it is better than the radio commentary and certainly does the job.

I am amazed Sky brought it in.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 06 Jan 2020 07:22

iFollow is invaluable as a fan living abroad well worth the €130 it costs me each season - as you tend to get around 40 games live, works out at just over €3 per game which is a bargain.

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 06 Jan 2020 22:59

royalsteve Have to say tried for the first time on the Fulham game.

Absolutely seamless purchase process and video playback was superb, not a glitch in sight. Commentary was from bbc radio berks, so win win. Well worth £10 per game.

I think they are missing a trick though, should have live video subs for the season as I’d consider it if it’s the right price.

Beats watching it via some Azerbaijan or uae feed with zero commentary or worse foreign commentary.....and saves trying to find a site that streams it, and the risk of going via a site run by criminals

I thought the live feeds weren't hooked up to commentary? Maybe for BH and evening games they are but I don't think they are for normal Saturday matches or are they?

If so I'm getting me a VPN and signing up.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 06 Jan 2020 23:22

Stranded iFollow is invaluable as a fan living abroad well worth the €130 it costs me each season - as you tend to get around 40 games live, works out at just over €3 per game which is a bargain.

+1. Love it now. Was shite the first year.

royalsteve

by royalsteve » 07 Jan 2020 01:51

Jagermesiter1871 Wasn't the Fulham game on red button?

Annoyingly despite having virgin media’s too package including sky sports hd, the red button doesn’t work, only available via sky themselves. Annoying as sky do this a lot,

Royality creeps In
Hob Nob Regular

by Royality creeps In » 07 Jan 2020 06:28

I have the Virgin package. My Sky red button works

zaskar

by zaskar » 07 Jan 2020 08:16

royalsteve

Annoyingly despite having virgin media’s too package including sky sports hd, the red button doesn’t work, only available via sky themselves. Annoying as sky do this a lot,

It works for me!

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 07 Jan 2020 08:17

royalsteve

You trying to press it on Sky Sports Main Event? It only works on Sky Sports Football for Virgin.

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 07 Jan 2020 09:49

I have a red button on my TV remote but all it does is turn the TV on or off.

No Reading games!

Must've tried it 1000 times now :evil:

Royalwaster
Hob Nob Regular

by Royalwaster » 07 Jan 2020 09:54

2 world wars, 1 world cup I have a red button on my TV remote but all it does is turn the TV on or off.

No Reading games!

Must've tried it 1000 times now :evil:

How about trying to download a remote app on your phone ... that should work!

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 07 Jan 2020 10:32

Ok thanks.

URZZZZZZZZ
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Long knocks it back in.............IT'S READING WHO TAKE A MASSIVE STEP TOWARDS WEMBLEY!!

by URZZZZZZZZ » 07 Jan 2020 11:11

I’ve watched a couple of games on iFollow and it is generally excellent.

The one thing I have noticed however is just how inaccurate and poor Tim Dellor’s commentary is when you can listen and see what’s happening. Generally in the past when I’ve listened to BBCRB I haven’t had the opportunity to watch the action, so I need to take Dellor’s word as gospel. Watching the action and listening in, it’s become apparent just how wide of the mark he is.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 07 Jan 2020 11:49

URZZZZZZZZ I’ve watched a couple of games on iFollow and it is generally excellent.

The one thing I have noticed however is just how inaccurate and poor Tim Dellor’s commentary is when you can listen and see what’s happening. Generally in the past when I’ve listened to BBCRB I haven’t had the opportunity to watch the action, so I need to take Dellor’s word as gospel. Watching the action and listening in, it’s become apparent just how wide of the mark he is.

Can only second this. His descriptions are often incredibly wide if the mark and he constantly says the wrong player was involved. Obviously have no comparison to other local commentators but it is really annoying at times.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 07 Jan 2020 11:50

Stranded
URZZZZZZZZ I’ve watched a couple of games on iFollow and it is generally excellent.

Can only second this. His descriptions are often incredibly wide if the mark and he constantly says the wrong player was involved. Obviously have no comparison to other local commentators but it is really annoying at times.

I was listening on Saturday and there was some confusion when a Blackpool shot went out for a corner. Tim couldn't tell whether the shot was saved by Walker's leg while he was diving the other way or not. Saw the replay on the highlights and it couldn't have been clearer that the shot was deflected off the defender :|

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 07 Jan 2020 11:53

Hendo
Stranded

I was listening on Saturday and there was some confusion when a Blackpool shot went out for a corner. Tim couldn't tell whether the shot was saved by Walker's leg while he was diving the other way or not. Saw the replay on the highlights and it couldn't have been clearer that the shot was deflected off the defender :|

He is miles away from the action though, he doesn't have a monitor, has to react to what he sees at the time. Very harsh.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 07 Jan 2020 11:56

Old Man Andrews
Hendo
Stranded

He is miles away from the action though, he doesn't have a monitor, has to react to what he sees at the time. Very harsh.

He is about the same distance away from the action as the TV camera and I saw it totally clearly when I saw it first time.

If he is struggling to see the action, I'd suggest he invested in some glasses to help him out or request a monitor from the club, I'm sure they'd be happy to oblige (I'd actually be quite surprised if there isn't one there already).