BFTG - Forest

155 posts
paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: BFTG - Forest

by paultheroyal » 12 Jan 2020 00:35

Enjoyable game. In anger me and son left at the Forest goal but the walk out the ground was slow and cue pandemonium on the staircase lol.

Puscas should of been sent off. Watson is a horrible shit. Be bookings galore in the return game. We are crying out for a decent winger.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 12 Jan 2020 01:20

paultheroyal Enjoyable game. In anger me and son left at the Forest goal but the walk out the ground was slow and cue pandemonium on the staircase lol.

Puscas should of been sent off. Watson is a horrible shit. Be bookings galore in the return game. We are crying out for a decent winger.

What?

Jackson Corner
Hob Nob Regular

by Jackson Corner » 12 Jan 2020 05:30

That's why you should never leave! I think the Forest goal did go out but to be fair to the linesman it would have been imposible for him to spot from his position. If he can't see it he can't give it. At least justice was done and it turned an ordinary afternoon in to a memerable one. Ref was terrible we counted Sow commited 7 fouls was not booked. Swift one foul booked. Overall a fair result.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 12 Jan 2020 06:49

I thought bar not booking Sar the ref was fine. I didn’t see the penalty shout clearly mind you

The corner for their goal almost certainly wasn’t a corner but I can see why the Lino thought it was. I think the defender (obita?) blocked the original cross and it bounced back and hit the wingers foot and skewed off but wasn’t completely sure

LWJ
Hob Nob Addict
Location: Hobnob Prediction League Champion 2011/2012, 2020/2021

by LWJ » 12 Jan 2020 07:00

JR
Interestingly my forest mate was complaining about how dirty Reading were, thinks we are the dirtiest side in the division. Always interesting how different the perspective of a game can be from away vs home end.

When Bowen took over he said he wanted us to be a team people didn’t enjoy playing.

As long as it doesn’t cross I’m all for it. We should want teams to not look forward to playing us

LWJ
Hob Nob Addict

by LWJ » 12 Jan 2020 07:02

Jack Celliers I really felt for Meite as well (our MotM?) who was booked for walking near a player but got kicked constantly in the second half.

I didn’t go but the majority have rated him poorly. Out of interest why do you think he wasn’t just poor, he was the MOTM?

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 12 Jan 2020 07:12

Jackson Corner That's why you should never leave! I think the Forest goal did go out but to be fair to the linesman it would have been imposible for him to spot from his position. If he can't see it he can't give it. At least justice was done and it turned an ordinary afternoon in to a memerable one. Ref was terrible we counted Sow commited 7 fouls was not booked. Swift one foul booked. Overall a fair result.

Surely the linesman is in the perfect position to see these things ? He was stood at the corner flag looking along the line, it’s his job to call these things.
Conclusion would be that being correctly positioned and actively looking he got the call correct.
Unless he didn’t.

LWJ
Hob Nob Addict

by LWJ » 12 Jan 2020 07:17

leon
paultheroyal Enjoyable game. In anger me and son left at the Forest goal but the walk out the ground was slow and cue pandemonium on the staircase lol.

What?

Enjoyable game. In anger me and son left at the Forest goal but the walk out the ground was slow and cue pandemonium on the staircase lol.

Puscas should of been sent off. Watson is a horrible shit. Be bookings galore in the return game. We are crying out for a decent winger

Danny Nedelko

by Danny Nedelko » 12 Jan 2020 07:32

Surprised to see people giving Adam 5/6 ratings, thought he was excellent, especially in second half. Game of two halves and whatever Bowen said at halftime obviously worked. Came out and pressed well, with much more high tempo, direct play and created some good chances. Draw was probably a fair result but we were far more dominant second half than they were in the first....so maybe we should have won :)
Equaliser and celebration after it made for a great day out.

Bristol Paul

by Bristol Paul » 12 Jan 2020 08:27

Thought Meite did ok. He wasn’t particularly threatening as in looking like he was ever going to score, but I think he did keep the left back from pushing on and ensured they closely marked him all day and so disrupted their own attacking threat.

Charlie Adam did alright, but they closed him down and were a lot more physical against him than previous opposition have been, obviously recognising he’s become a key part of the Reading midfield recently. The good thing is, with Ejaria, Swift and Adam, it’s impossible for a team to keep them all quiet, and part of the reason we are a lot more creative.

Good point overall, Forest were fairly defensive but look a decent team other than upfront where they are light.

I like the fact opposition fans moan about us being dirty, it means Bowen has got it right. Happy days, and look forward to games for the first time in a few years.

Notts Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Notts Royal » 12 Jan 2020 08:42

Steve_Upper_West What kind of morons boo an Ex-Reading loan player, who was fully committed whilst wearing the shirt. He did not depart under a cloud (as far as I know), was not utilised effectively by the manager and frankly is probably better than any of our current strikers.... pathetic behaviour :|

No...but based on that Sunderland documentary, he really is a bit of a bell end. Not sure it warrants us booing him but seems the modern thing to boo any player who’s ever played for us before now

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 12 Jan 2020 08:46

LWJ
leon

What?

Puscas should of been sent off. Watson is a horrible shit. Be bookings galore in the return game. We are crying out for a decent winger

I assume leon is referring to the Puscas comment and that paul thinks he saw Puscas put an elbow or fist into that guy's face when he went down holding it for one of the stoppages.

Didn't look much in it to me, but I thought I saw some tissue held to his nose and a blood inspection by the ref.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 12 Jan 2020 09:38

Snowflake Royal
LWJ
leon
What?

I assume leon is referring to the Puscas comment and that paul thinks he saw Puscas put an elbow or fist into that guy's face when he went down holding it for one of the stoppages.

Didn't look much in it to me, but I thought I saw some tissue held to his nose and a blood inspection by the ref.

He'd have been some contortionist to put his fist in the face of someone stood behind him !
To me it looked like Puscas had his arms raised to shield himself from the defender who was trying to play through him and the defender copped one in the nose. No intent from Puscas and given how defenders constantly hit the forwards from behind in these challenges it's inevitable there are going to be knocks.

St Pauli
Hob Nob Legend

Re: BFTG- Forest

by St Pauli » 12 Jan 2020 09:59

Got in at 1, now have a cracking bastard behind the eyes, and it gets worse to log on and find out JMW has gazumped my f/cking BFTG thread, the sweltering bloody liberal!

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 12 Jan 2020 10:01

Comrade. I will support your thread especially over a wishy washy Liberal Democrat.

St Pauli
Hob Nob Legend

by St Pauli » 12 Jan 2020 10:05

Cheers Zip, that means a lot.

Pandoras Box

by Pandoras Box » 12 Jan 2020 10:05

Nameless
Jackson Corner That's why you should never leave! I think the Forest goal did go out but to be fair to the linesman it would have been imposible for him to spot from his position. If he can't see it he can't give it. At least justice was done and it turned an ordinary afternoon in to a memerable one. Ref was terrible we counted Sow commited 7 fouls was not booked. Swift one foul booked. Overall a fair result.

Surely the linesman is in the perfect position to see these things ? He was stood at the corner flag looking along the line, it’s his job to call these things.
Conclusion would be that being correctly positioned and actively looking he got the call correct.
Unless he didn’t.

Glad you said linesman.
I saw that particular linesman (East stand side, second half) watch the ball put out of play twice - one a corner and one a throw in. It was obvious what they were, but he waited until the ref pointed to the corner and then he pointed his flag at the corner.
If you are awaiting the ref’s direction all the time, then you are not assisting and therefore you are simply running the line, you are certainly not an assistant referee.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 12 Jan 2020 10:10

LWJ
Jack Celliers I really felt for Meite as well (our MotM?) who was booked for walking near a player but got kicked constantly in the second half.

I didn’t go but the majority have rated him poorly. Out of interest why do you think he wasn’t just poor, he was the MOTM?

Happy to say my bit for Meite. He was a real nuisance. He may not be the most gifted of players but he fights hard. He won at least four free kicks in the first half alone allowing Swift the chance of some set pieces in dangerous positions. He slid an excellent ball through to Baldock. He had our only decent effort on goal in the first half.

In the second half I thought he was fouled inside their box and went down. It looked like a pen to me. He also worked hard to track back and won the ball on a number of occasions. He didn’t create much but did plenty to keep us competitive.

Westwood52
Hob Nob Regular

by Westwood52 » 12 Jan 2020 10:10

Interesting to read other supporters view on yesterday.
IMHO

Ref : I can usually count on one hand the number of decent refereeing performances during a season.We have been lucky the last couple of weeks,as in my view these refs were pretty good.Yesterday,I thought the Ref started OK,but the booking of Swift after giving Sar two warnings seemed bizarre.Sar then went on to commit 5 to 6 more fouls,yet unbelievably was not booked.I do not however blame the Ref for their goal,he has to trust his Lino.

Lino: About 20 minutes before the goal,he failed to give a clear throw in.The melee before the goal was in front of me,however I was not in line;my first gut reaction was however that it was comfortably over the line.

Meite: His ball control is barely pub standard.However he compares favourably with Puskas,as he is a big lump and a lot of Championship defenders do struggle physically against him,and he is a trier who never gives up.In comparison Puskas is a disaster,who’s contribution is very limited.

Apart from their CB s ,I didn’t think Forest had much to offer and would be destroyed in the Prem.

Forest ganged up on Ejaria yesterday,but seemed less worried about Swift.In some games Adam still looks Prem quality,on occasions however he is a liability as he is easily by passed.

Just saying.

Jagermesiter1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Jagermesiter1871 » 12 Jan 2020 10:15

Not only are these threads annoying and pointless but this thread was picked up by the Forest fans on their forum and is being shown as representative post for Reading fans and further evidence of how embarrassing a set of fans we are. You're embarassing us all ST P!

155 posts