BFTG - Forest

155 posts
WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

Re: BFTG - Forest

by WestYorksRoyal » 13 Jan 2020 13:06

Tbf, missing marginal calls in crowded penalty areas happen. It was the RAF's inconsistency with yellow cards, for fouls he actually saw, which was more baffling.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 13 Jan 2020 13:12

WestYorksRoyal Tbf, missing marginal calls in crowded penalty areas happen. It was the RAF's inconsistency with yellow cards, for fouls he actually saw, which was more baffling.

I am more baffled as to why the armed forces are now involved in footballing matters?

morganb
Hob Nob Regular

by morganb » 13 Jan 2020 13:34

Old Man Andrews
WestYorksRoyal Tbf, missing marginal calls in crowded penalty areas happen. It was the RAF's inconsistency with yellow cards, for fouls he actually saw, which was more baffling.

I am more baffled as to why the armed forces are now involved in footballing matters?

The RAF are involved as the sides of the pitch are called wings, just like on an aircraft

SWLR
Hob Nob Regular

by SWLR » 13 Jan 2020 15:25

morganb
Old Man Andrews

The RAF are involved as the sides of the pitch are called wings, just like on an aircraft

Goes back to the '85 team when aerial bombardment was all the rage.

Notts Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Notts Royal » 14 Jan 2020 22:58

My life some of the lads trying to get to the Forest fans over the blue banner is laughable. Just what is the fascination with charging to the away fans? Can understand giving a bit back to them but get a life! Thought C1871 ethos was not to goad opposition fans and focus on our club?! Maybe this is a sign I’m getting old at 32, but it’s all a tad laughable! Would’ve been brilliant to see one of the melts slide all the way down to the bottom

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 15 Jan 2020 00:26

Notts Royal My life some of the lads trying to get to the Forest fans over the blue banner is laughable. Just what is the fascination with charging to the away fans? Can understand giving a bit back to them but get a life! Thought C1871 ethos was not to goad opposition fans and focus on our club?! Maybe this is a sign I’m getting old at 32, but it’s all a tad laughable! Would’ve been brilliant to see one of the melts slide all the way down to the bottom

Don't worry, I'm sure they'll all be "giving it large" to the Millwall fans on Saturday

Simmops
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Simmops » 15 Jan 2020 07:08

URZZZZ
Notts Royal My life some of the lads trying to get to the Forest fans over the blue banner is laughable. Just what is the fascination with charging to the away fans? Can understand giving a bit back to them but get a life! Thought C1871 ethos was not to goad opposition fans and focus on our club?! Maybe this is a sign I’m getting old at 32, but it’s all a tad laughable! Would’ve been brilliant to see one of the melts slide all the way down to the bottom

Don't worry, I'm sure they'll all be "giving it large" to the Millwall fans on Saturday

They will swiftly be sent back to their mummies then. 16 year olds on WKD. Pathetic.

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 15 Jan 2020 08:17

SWLR
morganb
Old Man Andrews I am more baffled as to why the armed forces are now involved in footballing matters?

So I'm confused now. Am I missing some football agency called RAF I was unaware of or was this a typo. Genuine question, not me pretending to be thick for comic effect, but actually being thick because I'm a thick tw*t.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 15 Jan 2020 08:21

2 world wars, 1 world cup
SWLR
morganb

So I'm confused now. Am I missing some football agency called RAF I was unaware of or was this a typo. Genuine question, not me pretending to be thick for comic effect, but actually being thick because I'm a thick tw*t.

Typo m8

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 15 Jan 2020 08:25

SWLR
morganb

No idea. Maybe the REF knows

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 15 Jan 2020 08:25

NewCorkSeth
SWLR Goes back to the '85 team when aerial bombardment was all the rage.

Typo m8

Cheers.

My searches have in the meantime lead me to more RAF football links than I ever needed to know about.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 15 Jan 2020 08:26

NewCorkSeth

Typo m8

Cheers.

My searches have in the meantime lead me to more RAF football links than I ever needed to know about.

Lol

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 15 Jan 2020 08:29

Snowball
SWLR Goes back to the '85 team when aerial bombardment was all the rage.

No idea. Maybe the REF knows

Oh lordy lord, my braincells are in massive decline. The capitalisation had put me off.

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 15 Jan 2020 12:03

It could also be the fact we are RFC and have been updated to RAF

JR

by JR » 22 Jan 2020 00:17

Hendo
JR
sandman
So Bowen is lying then? Suggest you and your Forest friend pop down to Specsavers. Your pal the ref might be able to get you mates rates.

Not saying he was lying, just that the Forest player(s) may not have been best place themselves to judge and/or can easily have said that on the wind up.

Having just seen it on Quest, whilst not a great angle it looks in for me. Given my original angle was exactly in-line was the byline, I can now pretty confidently say it was not out.

Would you like some humble pie with your pinch of salt?

https://www.getreading.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/things-happen-reason-forest-midfielder-17557698

Certainly no need to eat humble pie. This is clearly Ben Watson trying to play down the devastating impact of conceding an equaliser straight away after their “winner”. It’s a convenient excuse for him to play this honesty card in order to shift the narrative to one they prefer.

Watson was in no position to make the call on whether it was in or out, whereas I was being perfectly in line.

The point I cannot be certain on though is whether it was a corner or not. Was not sure in real-time so would need to watch a video to take a final call on that.

155 posts