155 posts
sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: BFTG - Forest

by sandman » 11 Jan 2020 22:00

JR
sandman
JR
Enjoyed Bowen’s interview, but took that comment with a pinch of salt.

Interestingly my forest mate was complaining about how dirty Reading were, thinks we are the dirtiest side in the division. Always interesting how different the perspective of a game can be from away vs home end.

So Bowen is lying then? Suggest you and your Forest friend pop down to Specsavers. Your pal the ref might be able to get you mates rates.

Not saying he was lying, just that the Forest player(s) may not have been best place themselves to judge and/or can easily have said that on the wind up.

Having just seen it on Quest, whilst not a great angle it looks in for me. Given my original angle was exactly in-line was the byline, I can now pretty confidently say it was not out.

Well I'll take the word of the man who actually spoke to them.

Oh and it was out by a yard.

Thank You. F[u]ck You. Bye!

URZZZZZZZZ
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Long knocks it back in.............IT'S READING WHO TAKE A MASSIVE STEP TOWARDS WEMBLEY!!

by URZZZZZZZZ » 11 Jan 2020 22:10

I actually thought the ref favoured us for the most part today.

Jagermesiter1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Jagermesiter1871 » 11 Jan 2020 22:15

URZZZZZZZZ I actually thought the ref favoured us for the most part today.

I didn't but reading the Forest forums it sounds like they did so maybe I was wearing my Royal Blue spectacles.

JR

by JR » 11 Jan 2020 22:19

sandman
JR
sandman
So Bowen is lying then? Suggest you and your Forest friend pop down to Specsavers. Your pal the ref might be able to get you mates rates.

Not saying he was lying, just that the Forest player(s) may not have been best place themselves to judge and/or can easily have said that on the wind up.

Having just seen it on Quest, whilst not a great angle it looks in for me. Given my original angle was exactly in-line was the byline, I can now pretty confidently say it was not out.

Out of interest, where were you sat in the stadium to get the out by a yard view?

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 11 Jan 2020 22:22

sandman
JR
sandman

Bit unnecessary.

Where were you sitting in relation to it?

URZZZZZZZZ
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Long knocks it back in.............IT'S READING WHO TAKE A MASSIVE STEP TOWARDS WEMBLEY!!

by URZZZZZZZZ » 11 Jan 2020 22:26

Jagermesiter1871
URZZZZZZZZ I actually thought the ref favoured us for the most part today.

I didn't but reading the Forest forums it sounds like they did so maybe I was wearing my Royal Blue spectacles.

There weren’t any key decisions where I thought he swayed our way, but he gave us a few free kicks around the centre circle that were soft and didn’t give similar fouls the other way. That said, it sounds like him and his assistants may have got the biggest decision (the ball out of play for their goal) skewed in their favour?

In any event, a draw was 100% the fairest result today. Unfortunately, I can see them giving us a bit of a hiding in 10 days time.

Steve_Upper_West

by Steve_Upper_West » 11 Jan 2020 22:29

What kind of morons boo an Ex-Reading loan player, who was fully committed whilst wearing the shirt. He did not depart under a cloud (as far as I know), was not utilised effectively by the manager and frankly is probably better than any of our current strikers.... pathetic behaviour :|

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 11 Jan 2020 22:33

Steve_Upper_West What kind of morons boo an Ex-Reading loan player, who was fully committed whilst wearing the shirt. He did not depart under a cloud (as far as I know), was not utilised effectively by the manager and frankly is probably better than any of our current strikers.... pathetic behaviour :|

Always boo the former player when they're on the ball unless they are particularly memorable.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 11 Jan 2020 22:34

Wasn’t there today...but I imagine that you are speaking about Lewis Grabban?

Totally agree ‘upper steve’ p, he was a player played out of position by Staam more often than not, and every time I saw him he ‘worked for the cause”

No problems with him,glad to see him doing so well with Florist

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 11 Jan 2020 22:39

At HT the screens were saying that possession was something like
Reading 33% Forest 67% ( or maybe it was 37-63?)

But by FT the possession stats were: RFC 52 Forest 48

So anyone know what our second-half possession was?

Tails
Hob Nob Regular

by Tails » 11 Jan 2020 22:40

As a stat man, I would assume you could work that one out simply enough...

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 11 Jan 2020 22:43

Tails As a stat man, I would assume you could work that one out simply enough...

IF I could remember what I saw on the screens at HT

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 11 Jan 2020 22:58

AthleticoSpizz Wasn’t there today...but I imagine that you are speaking about Lewis Grabban?

Totally agree ‘upper steve’ p, he was a player played out of position by Staam more often than not, and every time I saw him he ‘worked for the cause”

No problems with him,glad to see him doing so well with Florist

Interesting

Up until the Villa game when we had him (mid April) one of the criticisms levelled at Grabban was that he was “lazy”. For the record, I didn’t think he worked exceptionally hard but I never thought he was particularly lazy. Just had a languid body style

But agreed that booing him is slightly pathetic, he was, after all, an important player for us in the last month of the campaign

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 11 Jan 2020 23:03

All about perception and opinion....and of course, a tad subjective......obviously

Seemed to the player that we needed...just not the player that the manager wanted

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 11 Jan 2020 23:34

Problem was on the whole, Kermorgant was in form and we played one up top most the time he was here. Which meant he was either shunted out to different positions, he wouldn’t play at all, or when he did get a role up front he had high expectations to live up to because of Yann

Woodcote Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Woodcote Royal » 11 Jan 2020 23:58

JR
sandman
JR
Enjoyed Bowen’s interview, but took that comment with a pinch of salt.

Interestingly my forest mate was complaining about how dirty Reading were, thinks we are the dirtiest side in the division. Always interesting how different the perspective of a game can be from away vs home end.

No it doesn't

JR

by JR » 12 Jan 2020 00:05

Woodcote Royal
JR
sandman

No it doesn't

Because it’s in the air at an unhelpful angle there are going to be different interpretations of whether it’s in or not.

All I can say is that I had the perfect view at the time and it was clearly on the line and watching the highlights hasn’t given me any evidence to suggest I may have been wrong.

JR

by JR » 12 Jan 2020 00:09

That equaliser was a bloody brilliantly moment - that is why we do this as fans!

Keep on going through some fairly shabby times to enjoy moments of sheer joy like that.

Woodcote Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Woodcote Royal » 12 Jan 2020 00:13

Jack Celliers They were good first half and then we were good for most of the second and it had been a good game. Then I blame the ref for letting the match fizzle out. The refereeing was as bad as I can remember. Maybe the ball hadn't gone out before the goal, but the officials had already got two such decisions wrong on the either side of the pitch, you suspect the worse. It was definitely not a corner: the chap who kicked it out turned around and headed for the half way line as soon as he did it. I really felt for Meite as well (our MotM?) who was booked for walking near a player but got kicked constantly in the second half.

We've had a decent run with refs of late but this guy was back to the complete and utter tools who are regular fixtures in this division and their incompetence regularly impacts on the outcome of matches.

If these twats are among the best 20 refs in the country the game has got a massive problem, and if not, WTF are they being inflicted on the 2nd tier?

Woodcote Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Woodcote Royal » 12 Jan 2020 00:16

Zip
Jack Celliers They were good first half and then we were good for most of the second and it had been a good game. Then I blame the ref for letting the match fizzle out. The refereeing was as bad as I can remember. Maybe the ball hadn't gone out before the goal, but the officials had already got two such decisions wrong on the either side of the pitch, you suspect the worse. It was definitely not a corner: the chap who kicked it out turned around and headed for the half way line as soon as he did it. I really felt for Meite as well (our MotM?) who was booked for walking near a player but got kicked constantly in the second half.

Meite was fouled repeatedly throughout and won a number of free kicks. We somehow ended with four yellow cards to their two. The foul count was 10/19. So they committed virtually twice as many fouls.
The officials have been decent in recent times. That wasn’t so today.

Agreed

155 posts