NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

Re: MATCHWATCH : Blackpool (a) sponsored by Dylan Kerr

by NewCorkSeth » 14 Jan 2020 12:52

URZZZZ
NewCorkSeth
URZZZZ
I don't think your team is far off tbf

I expect to see Walker though instead of CBC and Puscas instead of Baldock. And then your bench is miles off IMO

Rightly or wrongly, expect to see Aluko and Boye there, maybe with a few youngsters thrown in and perhaps Adam

My thought behind playing Baldock ahead of Puscas was that:
1. Baldock scored against them last game.
2. Hes fit.
3. It gives us another opportunity to see if Baldock can play as a lone striker.
And
4. Puscas should be starting against Millwall. His hold up play was much improved and Baldock really struggled last game. He might be better served off the bench after Puscas (who is a bit more physical) has tired them a bit.

I'm not going to agree with you on point 4, thought the sub completely killed any momentum that we had generated

I'd like to see them together in a two because they worked really well earlier in the season, but Loader deserves a start too. Difficult decision for Bowen but given Baldock's injury record, it may be better to leave him out, don't want to be just left with Puscas on Saturday

Yes that would be a pickle. Although Meite could be moved up and Loader is available if the worst was to happen.

A front 3 of:
Meite-------------Baldock
----------Puscas

Is something I could not only get behind, but actually promote as potentially our best option (with Joao out).

Meite and Baldock are bot very willing to make runs into the box so considering our build up play between Blackett, Ejaria and Swift out left and the, sometime quality, long balls of Adam sitting behind, having 3 forwards making runs would be very exciting to watch.

Add Yiadom to the right when he gets back and we have the ability to replicate Blacketts effectiveness in both flanks.

The quality of this team on paper is slowly becoming a quality team on pitch.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 14 Jan 2020 13:00

NewCorkSeth
URZZZZ
NewCorkSeth My thought behind playing Baldock ahead of Puscas was that:
1. Baldock scored against them last game.
2. Hes fit.
3. It gives us another opportunity to see if Baldock can play as a lone striker.
And
4. Puscas should be starting against Millwall. His hold up play was much improved and Baldock really struggled last game. He might be better served off the bench after Puscas (who is a bit more physical) has tired them a bit.

I'm not going to agree with you on point 4, thought the sub completely killed any momentum that we had generated

I'd like to see them together in a two because they worked really well earlier in the season, but Loader deserves a start too. Difficult decision for Bowen but given Baldock's injury record, it may be better to leave him out, don't want to be just left with Puscas on Saturday

Yes that would be a pickle. Although Meite could be moved up and Loader is available if the worst was to happen.

A front 3 of:
----------Puscas

Is something I could not only get behind, but actually promote as potentially our best option (with Joao out).

Meite and Baldock are bot very willing to make runs into the box so considering our build up play between Blackett, Ejaria and Swift out left and the, sometime quality, long balls of Adam sitting behind, having 3 forwards making runs would be very exciting to watch.

Add Yiadom to the right when he gets back and we have the ability to replicate Blacketts effectiveness in both flanks.

Agree but I’d find it extremely hard to drop Pele at this moment in time

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 14 Jan 2020 13:07

URZZZZ
NewCorkSeth
URZZZZ

A front 3 of:
----------Puscas

Agree but I’d find it extremely hard to drop Pele at this moment in time

I wouldn't drop Pele.

----------GK
RB---CB---CB---LB
----------DM
------CM---CM
AMR------------AML
-----------ST

EDIT: Ah I see the confusion. I would look to drop Adam and use him as a bench option. He cant last a full 90 and, as we discussed before, our tactics rely on dubbing him at some point. That is a pattern we should try get out of at some point.
Last edited by NewCorkSeth on 14 Jan 2020 13:09, edited 1 time in total.

SWLR
Hob Nob Regular

by SWLR » 14 Jan 2020 13:09

so who got the coach to t'North?

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 14 Jan 2020 13:47

Tranmere's game has been postponed. Not hugely far from Blackpool...

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 14 Jan 2020 13:55

Tranmere have had a bit of an issue with waterlogging for years now. Hopefully Blackpool's pitch is a bit more robust.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 14 Jan 2020 13:59

No news of a pitch inspection at the mo so may well be ok.

Platypuss
Hob Nob Moderator
Location: No one cares about your creative hub, so get your fukcin' hedge cut

by Platypuss » 14 Jan 2020 14:09

genome Tranmere's game has been postponed. Not hugely far from Blackpool...

The LIverpool ladies game was postponed on Sunday, wouldn't read anything into it.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 14 Jan 2020 14:10

Platypuss
genome Tranmere's game has been postponed. Not hugely far from Blackpool...

The LIverpool ladies game was postponed on Sunday, wouldn't read anything into it.

Who won?

Bacon Double Cheese
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Lincoln, the home of quality football and Peterborough which isn't

by Bacon Double Cheese » 14 Jan 2020 14:15

I’m in Blackpool and it is absolutely persisting down. See some of you later 8)

hughsies no.1

by hughsies no.1 » 14 Jan 2020 14:17

AFC Blackpool's match has been abandoned tonight due to a waterlogged pitch...

https://twitter.com/nwcfl/status/121708 ... 42050?s=20

Hopefully our game survives!

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 14 Jan 2020 14:19

hughsies no.1 AFC Blackpool's match has been abandoned tonight due to a waterlogged pitch...

I'd hope Blackpool's pitch is slightly better than a team in the North West Counties Football League but it isn't that encouraging I grant you.

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 14 Jan 2020 14:21

Bacon Double Cheese I’m in Blackpool and it is absolutely persisting down. See some of you later 8)

Don't go on the Big One while it's raining, unless you enjoy the sensation of having gravel thrown into your face for 90 seconds

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 14 Jan 2020 14:21

Be a pain if this is called off, we've got enough midweek games as it is

However, for some strange reason, the FA Cup 5th round is late this year, on Wednesday 4th March IIRC so if we did manage to get to that round, we'd have more time to play

Be a bigger pain though if we beat Blackpool and then draw the 4th round too. Begs the question, what are the point of replays? What's wrong with extra time and pens

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 14 Jan 2020 14:22

URZZZZ Be a bigger pain though if we beat Blackpool and then draw the 4th round too. Begs the question, what are the point of replays? What's wrong with extra time and pens

Tell that to small clubs who rely on the income that a replay could bring. Typical big club supporting snobbery.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 14 Jan 2020 14:23

Old Man Andrews
hughsies no.1 AFC Blackpool's match has been abandoned tonight due to a waterlogged pitch...

I'd hope Blackpool's pitch is slightly better than a team in the North West Counties Football League but it isn't that encouraging I grant you.

Didn't the Forest away game get called off when a non-league game down the road was played?

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 14 Jan 2020 14:24

Hendo
Old Man Andrews

Didn't the Forest away game get called off when a non-league game down the road was played?

Yeah but I kinda get that with where Forest's stadium is situated.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 14 Jan 2020 14:24

Old Man Andrews
URZZZZ Be a bigger pain though if we beat Blackpool and then draw the 4th round too. Begs the question, what are the point of replays? What's wrong with extra time and pens

Tell that to small clubs who rely on the income that a replay could bring. Typical big club supporting snobbery.

Divert some money from premier league prize money to support smaller teams in the competition. A fee that increases in percentage depended on how low you are in the division. No replays.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 14 Jan 2020 14:25

Old Man Andrews
Hendo
Old Man Andrews I'd hope Blackpool's pitch is slightly better than a team in the North West Counties Football League but it isn't that encouraging I grant you.

I must've imagined the massive body of water half a mile from Blackpool's ground, last time I went then? :?

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 14 Jan 2020 14:26

Hendo
Old Man Andrews
Hendo

I must've imagined the massive body of water half a mile from Blackpool's ground, last time I went then? :?

Ah yes. The famous black pool.

269 posts