MATCHWATCH : Blackpool (a) sponsored by Dylan Kerr

269 posts
Old Man Andrews

Re: MATCHWATCH : Blackpool (a) sponsored by Dylan Kerr

by Old Man Andrews » 14 Jan 2020 08:15

Really annoyed we aren't taking this game seriously. The draw in the next round is very kind to us and represents a great chance to get deep into the competition. We are throwing it all away by not going to Blackpool playing our first choice 11.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 14 Jan 2020 08:25

--------------------CBC
Howe---Miazga---Dunno---Richards
--------------Olise---Rinomhota
McCleary-----Loader----------Obita
------------------Baldock

Southwood
Yiadom?
Blackett
Adam
Swift
Puscas
Meite

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 14 Jan 2020 08:28

NewCorkSeth --------------------CBC
-------------------Loader
McCleary--------------------------Obita

Southwood
Yiadom?
Blackett
Adam
Swift
Puscas
Meite

Its high time Dunno got a game, been holding him back in the reserves way too long.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 14 Jan 2020 08:38

Old Man Andrews

Southwood
Yiadom?
Blackett
Adam
Swift
Puscas
Meite

Its high time Dunno got a game, been holding him back in the reserves way too long.

Amazed that 3 managers ina row have handed out debuts to academy CBs and he hasn't had a game yet. Easily the best of the bunch.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 14 Jan 2020 08:39

NewCorkSeth
Old Man Andrews

Southwood
Yiadom?
Blackett
Adam
Swift
Puscas
Meite

Amazed that 3 managers ina row have handed out debuts to academy CBs and he hasn't had a game yet. Easily the best of the bunch.

He did really well on loan last season too, he is probably a similar level to McIntyre so its confusing why he keeps being overlooked.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 14 Jan 2020 08:40

Old Man Andrews
NewCorkSeth
Old Man Andrews Its high time Dunno got a game, been holding him back in the reserves way too long.

He did really well on loan last season too, he is probably a similar level to McIntyre so its confusing why he keeps being overlooked.

Yeah, Dunno. Seems an odd one.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 14 Jan 2020 08:41

LUX
Torbay Royal I bloody hope not.......I've re-arranged my work diary to be up there.

Torbay to Blackpool for an evening Cup replay, fair play.

Yeah, that is not a short trip at all :shock:

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 14 Jan 2020 09:21

sounds like McIntyre is fit. Would be a big boost to have him in alongside Miazga

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 14 Jan 2020 09:23

Hound sounds like McIntyre is fit. Would be a big boost to have him in alongside Miazga

Dunno, man. I think he deserves a chance.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 14 Jan 2020 09:26

Hound sounds like McIntyre is fit. Would be a big boost to have him in alongside Miazga

Nah I think Dunno will get a chance tonight, wasn't included in the under 23 squad yesterday so thats a sign.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 14 Jan 2020 09:46

Southwood
Yiadom?
Blackett
Adam
Swift
Puscas
Meite

I never really see the point of putting first teamers on the bench in a game like tonight. I’d either start them or give them the whole night off rather than make them travel all the way up to Blackpool to not play anyway. That way, they’ll probably get a better rest

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 14 Jan 2020 10:19

URZZZZ

Southwood
Yiadom?
Blackett
Adam
Swift
Puscas
Meite

I never really see the point of putting first teamers on the bench in a game like tonight. I’d either start them or give them the whole night off rather than make them travel all the way up to Blackpool to not play anyway. That way, they’ll probably get a better rest

I guess my reasoning is that, had we brought on Swift, we would have won that game. His impact from the bench in previous cup games this season was immense.

I would rather our subs were actual game changers rather than punts on players who realistically wont get near the starting XI.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 14 Jan 2020 10:48

NewCorkSeth
URZZZZ

Southwood
Yiadom?
Blackett
Adam
Swift
Puscas
Meite

I guess my reasoning is that, had we brought on Swift, we would have won that game. His impact from the bench in previous cup games this season was immense.

I would rather our subs were actual game changers rather than punts on players who realistically wont get near the starting XI.

I do hope you’re not inferring Aluko in that

As a side point, I see three of our other youngsters have travelled. Ben House, Jeriel Dorsett and Marcel Elva - Fountaine

Likely to be a very youthful squad then

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 14 Jan 2020 11:00

URZZZZ
NewCorkSeth
URZZZZ

I do hope you’re not inferring Aluko in that

As a side point, I see three of our other youngsters have travelled. Ben House, Jeriel Dorsett and Marcel Elva - Fountaine

Likely to be a very youthful squad then

House! How interesting. Think he is teating more senior Strikers at the club to see if they can be 4th choice so we dont have to sign anyone?

I dont think infer is the correct word in the context you have used it in. You could infer from my statement that I am talking about Aluko, which is correct btw, but my statement didnt infer anything.

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 14 Jan 2020 11:01

Is the game tonight "live" through the betting apps (like previous round) does anyone know?

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 14 Jan 2020 12:05

Southwood
Yiadom?
Blackett
Adam
Swift
Puscas
Meite

McIntyre likely to start now that he is fit. I think it will be a very inexperienced bench with only Adam and Southwood of those you mention likely to be included

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 14 Jan 2020 12:12

Zip

Southwood
Yiadom?
Blackett
Adam
Swift
Puscas
Meite

McIntyre likely to start now that he is fit. I think it will be a very inexperienced bench with only Adam and Southwood of those you mention likely to be included

I'd be delighted if he was involved. I know my team is unlikely (especially CBC) but it's what I would like to see. A good starting team with a mix of experience and youth and a heavy bench with proper options.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 14 Jan 2020 12:20

NewCorkSeth
Zip

Southwood
Yiadom?
Blackett
Adam
Swift
Puscas
Meite

I'd be delighted if he was involved. I know my team is unlikely (especially CBC) but it's what I would like to see. A good starting team with a mix of experience and youth and a heavy bench with proper options.

I don't think your team is far off tbf

I expect to see Walker though instead of CBC and Puscas instead of Baldock. And then your bench is miles off IMO

Rightly or wrongly, expect to see Aluko and Boye there, maybe with a few youngsters thrown in and perhaps Adam

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 14 Jan 2020 12:29

URZZZZ
NewCorkSeth
Zip

I expect to see Walker though instead of CBC and Puscas instead of Baldock. And then your bench is miles off IMO

Rightly or wrongly, expect to see Aluko and Boye there, maybe with a few youngsters thrown in and perhaps Adam

My thought behind playing Baldock ahead of Puscas was that:
1. Baldock scored against them last game.
2. Hes fit.
3. It gives us another opportunity to see if Baldock can play as a lone striker.
And
4. Puscas should be starting against Millwall. His hold up play was much improved and Baldock really struggled last game. He might be better served off the bench after Puscas (who is a bit more physical) has tired them a bit.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 14 Jan 2020 12:36

NewCorkSeth
URZZZZ
NewCorkSeth I'd be delighted if he was involved. I know my team is unlikely (especially CBC) but it's what I would like to see. A good starting team with a mix of experience and youth and a heavy bench with proper options.

My thought behind playing Baldock ahead of Puscas was that:
1. Baldock scored against them last game.
2. Hes fit.
3. It gives us another opportunity to see if Baldock can play as a lone striker.
And
4. Puscas should be starting against Millwall. His hold up play was much improved and Baldock really struggled last game. He might be better served off the bench after Puscas (who is a bit more physical) has tired them a bit.

I'm not going to agree with you on point 4, thought the sub completely killed any momentum that we had generated

I'd like to see them together in a two because they worked really well earlier in the season, but Loader deserves a start too. Difficult decision for Bowen but given Baldock's injury record, it may be better to leave him out, don't want to be just left with Puscas on Saturday

269 posts