MATCHWATCH : Millwall (a) sponsored by Eamon Dunphy

196 posts
Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

Re: MATCHWATCH : Millwall (a) sponsored by Eamon Dunphy

by Snowflake Royal » 15 Jan 2020 22:13

I'm pretty confident that Bowen won't be making the genius tactical move of dropping both Morrison and Meite. For shame.

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 16 Jan 2020 09:57

If Tyler Blackett plays then we will win, simply because he is the best player in the division.

Destined to be a tight one, would take a draw. The run has to come to end at sometime.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 16 Jan 2020 09:59

John Smith If Tyler Blackett plays then we will win, simply because he is the best player in the division.

Destined to be a tight one, would take a draw. The run has to come to end at sometime.

better than Harry Arter?

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 16 Jan 2020 11:45

Millwall struggling in midfield at the moment. Williams is suspended, with Thompson and Leonard also injured

Thus if they don't get anyone in before the game on Saturday, they're left with Billy Mitchell (18) and Jayson Molumby (20). They're also considering putting Shane Ferguson in there but it isn't his first choice position

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 16 Jan 2020 11:47

Millwall have a player in Jed Wallace I think we should be looking at.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 16 Jan 2020 11:54

Old Man Andrews Millwall have a player in Jed Wallace I think we should be looking at.

yes, he's been quality for them this year. Swift-like stats

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 16 Jan 2020 11:57

Hound
Old Man Andrews Millwall have a player in Jed Wallace I think we should be looking at.

Is he the lad from Portsmouth? if so, thought we should've snapped him up at the time.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 16 Jan 2020 11:58

Hound

We could do with someone like him. Plays on the wing but can also do the Swift role in the event of injuries or suspensions etc. Can't see him costing too much either.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 16 Jan 2020 11:59

Hendo
Hound

Is he the lad from Portsmouth? if so, thought we should've snapped him up at the time.

Yes, played there from 2011-2015

Has 9 goals and 7 assists so far this season in 25 league appearances

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 16 Jan 2020 11:59

Hendo
Hound

Yep he went to Wolves and hated it, didn't like being that far north.

His uncle Andy used to be a client of mine in one of my old jobs, great lad by all accounts.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 16 Jan 2020 12:00

URZZZZ
Hendo
Hound

Yes, played there from 2011-2015

Has 9 goals and 7 assists so far this season in 25 league appearances

Decent return that.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 16 Jan 2020 12:03

Old Man Andrews
Hound

We could do with someone like him. Plays on the wing but can also do the Swift role in the event of injuries or suspensions etc. Can't see him costing too much either.

He'd cost an absolute fortune. Under long term contract, rumours of Prem interest. Would be 10m minimum I expect

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 16 Jan 2020 12:06

Hound
Old Man Andrews
Hound

He'd cost an absolute fortune. Under long term contract, rumours of Prem interest. Would be 10m minimum I expect

Think that would be a hugely inflated fee of the back of what is a brilliant half season. I was basing the assessment on Transfermarkt's valuation plus an extra £2m, thats how I normally value a player anyway. I had him at arounf the £4m mark.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 16 Jan 2020 12:16

Old Man Andrews
Hound
Old Man Andrews We could do with someone like him. Plays on the wing but can also do the Swift role in the event of injuries or suspensions etc. Can't see him costing too much either.

Think that would be a hugely inflated fee of the back of what is a brilliant half season. I was basing the assessment on Transfermarkt's valuation plus an extra £2m, thats how I normally value a player anyway. I had him at arounf the £4m mark.

Transfermarkt's valuations are ridiculous - I pay no attention to them whatsoever

Apparently Swift is worth 4m. So about half of what Jack Clarke cost, and less than Hudders paid for Scott Malone

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 16 Jan 2020 12:19

Hound
Old Man Andrews
Hound

Transfermarkt's valuations are ridiculous - I pay no attention to them whatsoever

Apparently Swift is worth 4m. So about half of what Jack Clarke cost

They can be you're right, In Wallace's case I think he hasn't done it consistently for long enough just yet to command a huge fee, Bowen at Hull for example has be outstanding for two seasons now and would command a big fee. Wallace isn't at that kind of level yet.

Speaking of Bowen I have no idea how he is still at Hull. He has bags of ability and would do a job for a lot of Premier League sides, especially the lower end ones.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 16 Jan 2020 12:23

Old Man Andrews
Hound
Old Man Andrews Think that would be a hugely inflated fee of the back of what is a brilliant half season. I was basing the assessment on Transfermarkt's valuation plus an extra £2m, thats how I normally value a player anyway. I had him at arounf the £4m mark.

They can be you're right, In Wallace's case I think he hasn't done it consistently for long enough just yet to command a huge fee, Bowen at Hull for example has be outstanding for two seasons now and would command a big fee. Wallace isn't at that kind of level yet.

Speaking of Bowen I have no idea how he is still at Hull. He has bags of ability and would do a job for a lot of Premier League sides, especially the lower end ones.

Agreed on that. Amazed he didn't go in the summer

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 16 Jan 2020 12:26

Hound
Old Man Andrews
Hound

Agreed on that. Amazed he didn't go in the summer

My brother supports Hull and cannot believe his luck! There aren't even any rumours surrounding him really. Reckons they will get about £20m if he leaves in the summer.

Coppells Lost Coat
Hob Nob Regular

by Coppells Lost Coat » 16 Jan 2020 12:35

Old Man Andrews
Hendo
Hound

Yep he went to Wolves and hated it, didn't like being that far north.

His uncle Andy used to be a client of mine in one of my old jobs, great lad by all accounts.

Played against Jed a few times at 5 a side ages ago...... he wasn't anything special pace n a good touch, but no doubt he was't taking it that serious.
But agree, has always looked a very decent player at Millwall.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 16 Jan 2020 13:46

Oh he is actually from Reading. That would be nice then.

On the Bowen at Hull I can see Palace getting him once Zaha leaves.

Platypuss
Hob Nob Moderator
Location: No one cares about your creative hub, so get your fukcin' hedge cut

by Platypuss » 16 Jan 2020 14:00

Old Man Andrews My brother supports Hull and cannot believe his luck!

Why? They are terrible.

196 posts