BFTG blackpool

Royalwaster
Hob Nob Regular

Re: BFTG blackpool

by Royalwaster » 15 Jan 2020 17:31

From Despair To Where?
John Smith
Mr Optimist I think John means permanently closed. I walked along the Lytham Road and half the shops and pubs were closed, including The Gavel, where I was hoping to have a pre match Spoons visit. Closed in August apparently and sold off by Spoons two years before that.

There were a lot of Indian and Chinese takeaways but you’d need local knowledge to know which are the ones to go to.

You know things are shit when the charity shops are shut.

I did indeed mean that. Apologies, I’m even less articulate on a hangover.

Do a Rightmove search of houses for sale in Blackpool. Stick in a minimum of 6 bedrooms. It's an eye opener.

Anyone fancy a 10 bedroom house for £135,000?

Fantastic for student accommodation. Shame the nearest university is in Preston.

And Charlie Adam hates Preston.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 15 Jan 2020 17:47

Royalwaster
From Despair To Where?
John Smith I did indeed mean that. Apologies, I’m even less articulate on a hangover.

Do a Rightmove search of houses for sale in Blackpool. Stick in a minimum of 6 bedrooms. It's an eye opener.

Fantastic for student accommodation. Shame the nearest university is in Preston.

And Charlie Adam hates Preston.

Well if I ever fancy running one of those £15 p/n B&Bs and have 150k in my pocket I’ll know where to go

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 15 Jan 2020 18:00

Good youtube video from a Blackpool point of view.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aAFMR3e ... CeQU5xaS1Y

PistolPete
Hob Nob Regular

by PistolPete » 15 Jan 2020 18:33

Thanks for posting that video - really really good. That and the match report are showing our fans contributions up!

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 15 Jan 2020 19:28

Yep a good video to go along with that excellent blog. According to some who went to the game their fans were very friendly. Makes a change to come across such a decent set of supporters. I wish them well

Chameleon

by Chameleon » 15 Jan 2020 19:34

windermereROYAL Good youtube video from a Blackpool point of view.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aAFMR3e ... CeQU5xaS1Y

They also did a very good one for their away leg vs us. Really decent production quality and content.

I'm glad that Adam got a chance for a quick runout, and hopefully Blackpool pick up a bit of form, they'd be a good addition to the Championship.

Jagermesiter1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Jagermesiter1871 » 15 Jan 2020 19:40

From Despair To Where?
John Smith
Mr Optimist I think John means permanently closed. I walked along the Lytham Road and half the shops and pubs were closed, including The Gavel, where I was hoping to have a pre match Spoons visit. Closed in August apparently and sold off by Spoons two years before that.

There were a lot of Indian and Chinese takeaways but you’d need local knowledge to know which are the ones to go to.

Just put an offer in. Going to open a B&B - each room with a piss stained sink. I imagine there's infinite demand.

Jagermesiter1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Jagermesiter1871 » 15 Jan 2020 19:42

John Smith

Despite his goal I thought Boye was pony. Hope the loan isn’t made permanent.

Didn't he hit the post and bar about twelve times?

He must have been really bad when he wasn't hitting the woodwork to be considered pony.

stealthpapes
Hob Nob Addict

by stealthpapes » 15 Jan 2020 19:51

Jagermesiter1871
From Despair To Where?
John Smith I did indeed mean that. Apologies, I’m even less articulate on a hangover.

Just put an offer in. Going to open a B&B - each room with a piss stained sink. I imagine there's infinite demand.

there may be only one of me but I do piss a lot.

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 15 Jan 2020 21:14

Jagermesiter1871
John Smith

He must have been really bad when he wasn't hitting the woodwork to be considered pony.

Yes he did but that's my point: woodwork isn't the target and he should have had a hatful, technically being "the best" player on paper, on the pitch.

morganb
Hob Nob Regular

by morganb » 15 Jan 2020 21:37

John Smith
Jagermesiter1871

Yes he did but that's my point: woodwork isn't the target and he should have had a hatful, technically being "the best" player on paper, on the pitch.

With his aim, I'm a bit worried about Boye trying to piss in a sink

Jagermesiter1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Jagermesiter1871 » 15 Jan 2020 21:38

John Smith
Jagermesiter1871

Think you're being harsh on him as he was incredibly unlucky with 1 post and the other few were pieces of magic from him.

Jagermesiter1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Jagermesiter1871 » 15 Jan 2020 21:39

morganb
John Smith
Jagermesiter1871

With his aim, I'm a bit worried about Boye trying to piss in a sink

Begs the question, why did we even take him to Blackpool.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 15 Jan 2020 22:10

Just to annoy the Boye fans and not very seriously...

Goal: shit defending, lucky poke with poor keeping.
1st woodwork: lucky touch with weak defending, poor defending, over complicated, should score, misses target.
2nd woodwork: lucky interception from terrible defensive pass, must score - doesn't.

:wink:

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 15 Jan 2020 22:19

Snowflake Royal Just to annoy the Boye fans and not very seriously...

1st woodwork: lucky touch with weak defending, poor defending, over complicated, should score, misses target.
2nd woodwork: lucky interception from terrible defensive pass, must score - doesn't.

I think what you mean is

2nd woodwork: really strong pressing from our danger man Aluko forces defender into rushed clearance, one in which Boye intercepts with a world class first touch and only a wonder save keeps it out

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 16 Jan 2020 08:19

URZZZZ

I think what you mean is

2nd woodwork: really strong pressing from our danger man Aluko forces defender into rushed clearance, one in which Boye intercepts with a world class first touch and only a wonder save keeps it out

I like this game, we should definitely keep it up.

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 16 Jan 2020 09:52

This is correct. Boye is dog - he goes. As does Meite, then we get in Murray.