BFTG Cardiff Home

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

Re: BFTG Cardiff Home

by Nameless » 25 Jan 2020 20:07

Zip
AthleticoSpizz Not seen enough of Loader to have an opinion but...

He scores shed-loads in the U23s...the potential is obviously there....just needs to bring it to the ‘mans game’

Great to hear Teddy Howe singing the praises of G Mac, Adam and the old boys who are helping to nurture them.....that’s why we have them here.

Got to say I have seen Loader a fair few times and been a little disappointed. Not really sure what the fuss has been about. I think he will be here after the transfer window because I can’t see Wolves or anyone else coming in for him.

Why would anyone come in for him now when they can get him for a nominal fee in the summer ?
I would think he knows where he is going anyway.
Hard to see him making it at any level above this. Olise is a much better prospect as is Holsgrove. Sometimes a good kid just doesn’t make it as a good adult.
We should have accepted Wolves offer, although I think it was so heavily weighted towards addons that it might not have made too much difference financially.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 25 Jan 2020 20:10

Nameless
Zip
AthleticoSpizz Not seen enough of Loader to have an opinion but...

He scores shed-loads in the U23s...the potential is obviously there....just needs to bring it to the ‘mans game’

Great to hear Teddy Howe singing the praises of G Mac, Adam and the old boys who are helping to nurture them.....that’s why we have them here.

Got to say I have seen Loader a fair few times and been a little disappointed. Not really sure what the fuss has been about. I think he will be here after the transfer window because I can’t see Wolves or anyone else coming in for him.

Why would anyone come in for him now when they can get him for a nominal fee in the summer ?
Hard to see him making it at any level above this. Olise is a much better prospect as is Holsgrove. Sometimes a good kid just doesn’t make it as a good adult.
We should have accepted Wolves offer, although I think it was so heavily weighted towards addons that it might not have made too much difference financially.

Yes we should have accepted Wolves offer. Agree on Olise. Haven’t seen enough of Holsgrove to comment. I also think McIntyre has a very good future.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 25 Jan 2020 20:13

Probably a good thing (for us) Zip

(On paper) He seems to be ‘good to go’ maybe just needs that extra year to mature

St Pauli
Hob Nob Legend

by St Pauli » 25 Jan 2020 20:16

CBA to read the thread, what was the tannoy announcement about homophobia and ray cysts about?

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 25 Jan 2020 20:20

Baa baa black ram sheep

Mid Sussex Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Mid Sussex Royal » 25 Jan 2020 20:33

Good work out for some of our young players, particularly the defensive ones, against a side that lumped the ball into the box when ever they could and tried to get free kicks whenever they got into our half....very much like Harris's Millwall sides did.

i thought the Cardiff fans jeering Miazga when he was clearly badly injured was disgraceful

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 25 Jan 2020 20:43

Cardiff fans are worse than Chleeds fans , always have been, always will be

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 25 Jan 2020 21:00

Mid Sussex Royal Good work out for some of our young players, particularly the defensive ones, against a side that lumped the ball into the box when ever they could and tried to get free kicks whenever they got into our half....very much like Harris's Millwall sides did.

i thought the Cardiff fans jeering Miazga when he was clearly badly injured was disgraceful

Wasn’t over impressed with the way some of their players behaved either.
They were more upset that the ref had stopped the game than that a fellow pro was clearly in a bad way.
Perhaps they had got so used to seeing their own players hitting the deck with ‘injuries’ that they assumed Miazaga was also just putting it on a bit ?

Gunny Fishcake
Hob Nob Regular

by Gunny Fishcake » 25 Jan 2020 21:04

Thought we did ok mainly in the first half and Meite could and should have won it with the one on one chance , mind you the ludicrous tannoy announcement blaring out as he looked to score may have put him off. Having sat in our usual Y24 seats first half we decided to do the old fashioned " go up the other end second half " We never had one shot second half and produced nothing . Think that's probably the end of our cup dreams for another year.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 25 Jan 2020 21:06

Gunny Fishcake Thought we did ok mainly in the first half and Meite could and should have won it with the one on one chance , mind you the ludicrous tannoy announcement blaring out as he looked to score may have put him off. Having sat in our usual Y24 seats first half we decided to do the old fashioned " go up the other end second half " We never had one shot second half and produced nothing . Think that's probably the end of our cup dreams for another year.

We certainly had a shot in the second half, and it was on target although I can’t recall who had it.

St Pauli
Hob Nob Legend

by St Pauli » 25 Jan 2020 21:08

AthleticoSpizz Baa baa black ram sheep

Was you at the game AS?

muirinho
Hob Nob Regular

by muirinho » 25 Jan 2020 21:10

Nameless
Gunny Fishcake Thought we did ok mainly in the first half and Meite could and should have won it with the one on one chance , mind you the ludicrous tannoy announcement blaring out as he looked to score may have put him off. Having sat in our usual Y24 seats first half we decided to do the old fashioned " go up the other end second half " We never had one shot second half and produced nothing . Think that's probably the end of our cup dreams for another year.

We certainly had a shot in the second half, and it was on target although I can’t recall who had it.

McCleary. Straight at the keeper I think. And Loader had one I think that went well over.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 25 Jan 2020 21:11

St Pauli
AthleticoSpizz Baa baa black ram sheep

Was you at the game AS?
what do you think?

I was in Ian’s boudoir

marlowuk

by marlowuk » 25 Jan 2020 21:26

Yes - amazing how we individually see the game so differently! I was very impressed with Howe - Cardiff's wide man got nothing out of him at all. I agree Loader is frustrating but I think he will come good. He has some nice skills but, at the moment, is too easily muscled off the ball. Aluko played well enough in the first hour to have me wondering whether or not to have him as my MOTM but he faded in the second half of the second half.

Like others, I thought that Meite's goal was offside and that his disallowed goal wasn't offside. Meite didn't figure in the squad at Nottingham Forest because of a bereavement - his father died but he celebrated his goal by removing his shirt to reveal another with a tribute to his father printed on it. Then the tears flowed!! Yakou, I'm sure your Dad was celebrating that goal with you!

Cardiff were a tall side (particularly Flint and Gratzel) but we did well to repel their aerial attacks (from crosses, corners and long throws) for the whole game. However, we did ourselves no favours by committing stupid fouls in positions which allowed them to cross into our box.

So we have yet another game in our crowded schedule! Although it won't involve many (if any) of our regular first choice squad and it will be another run out for our youngsters and reserve squad members. That's a good thing - isn't it?

Good turn out by the Cardiff fans who sang their national anthem with much passion. But disgraceful racist/homophobic comments from a few only (apparently) of them.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 25 Jan 2020 21:28

Zip
Nameless
Zip

Yes we should have accepted Wolves offer. Agree on Olise. Haven’t seen enough of Holsgrove to comment. I also think McIntyre has a very good future.

Agree, he's got good technical ability and touch, but he just doesn't really add anything, he drifts through games.

Olise is always looking to play at tempo and make things happen, keep the ball moving etc.

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 25 Jan 2020 22:00

Loader has plenty of time on his side. Meite bulked out physically during his year out on loan. Loader should be out on loan in a lower division for the remainder of this season. Stalled contract talks is most likely why he isn't.

Bigtimmeh

by Bigtimmeh » 25 Jan 2020 22:02

Snowflake Royal
Zip
Nameless

Agree, he's got good technical ability and touch, but he just doesn't really add anything, he drifts through games.

Olise is always looking to play at tempo and make things happen, keep the ball moving etc.

Yeah for me I always find it frustrating he always has his back to goal when he receives the ball. Then struggles to do anything with it. Has potential but he really shows the gap between u23 and first team...

Kitsondinho
Hob Nob Addict
Location: at a cricket ground somewhere around the country........

by Kitsondinho » 25 Jan 2020 22:19

Enjoyed the game. We were the better team first half, with Adam and Aluko pulling the strings. Both were very impressive in the first hour. The big shift came as Cardiff took control. Aluko faded massively and reverted to his old RFC self. Adam took control and was instrumental in leading the team through the final 30. Seeing him step up to organise the virtually teenage back 4 was great. Thought Meite did well in patches, but understandably wasn’t fully switched on for the whole game. Miazga was superb until the injury.

I’m still not sold on Walker. He did some good stuff, but still had his moments. Seeing Adam scream at him (with about 5min to go) not to take a short goal kick was alarming. With that back four, it would have been costly.

Overall, I felt we deserved the draw. We probably would have won it, if Meite puts the 1 v 1 away. However, Cardiff could say the same thing about 3 or 4 chances in the final 25-30mins.....
Bamba’s miss :lol:

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 25 Jan 2020 22:52

Meite certainly had an up and down game, but put the ball in the net twice and got through 1 on 1 too, I'll take that as a decent game given how much we've struggled with chances recently.

Jagermesiter1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Jagermesiter1871 » 25 Jan 2020 23:01

marlowuk Yes - amazing how we individually see the game so differently! I was very impressed with Howe - Cardiff's wide man got nothing out of him at all. I agree Loader is frustrating but I think he will come good. He has some nice skills but, at the moment, is too easily muscled off the ball. Aluko played well enough in the first hour to have me wondering whether or not to have him as my MOTM but he faded in the second half of the second half.

Like others, I thought that Meite's goal was offside and that his disallowed goal wasn't offside. Meite didn't figure in the squad at Nottingham Forest because of a bereavement - his father died but he celebrated his goal by removing his shirt to reveal another with a tribute to his father printed on it. Then the tears flowed!! Yakou, I'm sure your Dad was celebrating that goal with you!

Cardiff were a tall side (particularly Flint and Gratzel) but we did well to repel their aerial attacks (from crosses, corners and long throws) for the whole game. However, we did ourselves no favours by committing stupid fouls in positions which allowed them to cross into our box.

So we have yet another game in our crowded schedule! Although it won't involve many (if any) of our regular first choice squad and it will be another run out for our youngsters and reserve squad members. That's a good thing - isn't it?

Good turn out by the Cardiff fans who sang their national anthem with much passion. But disgraceful racist/homophobic comments from a few only (apparently) of them.

What were the chants? Did anyone actually hear anything?