CONFIMRED - Felipe Araruna

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

Re: CONFIMRED - Felipe Araruna

by Hound » 31 Jan 2020 15:22

Sanguine There's actually so little known about this guy that I'm surprised even RFC knew enough to even consider signing him.

Ali Dia, anyone?

'Err, yeah hi, I'm Ronaldo's cousin.'

He has played 30 games in the top division in Brazil - can find that on whoscored, soccer base etc

Its neither Weiser or Ali Dia territory

Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

by Sanguine » 31 Jan 2020 15:26

Hound
Sanguine There's actually so little known about this guy that I'm surprised even RFC knew enough to even consider signing him.

Ali Dia, anyone?

He has played 30 games in the top division in Brazil - can find that on whoscored, soccer base etc

Sure, but just 20 of those in the last two years.

And how did he get a work permit?

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 31 Jan 2020 15:31

Sanguine
Hound

Ali Dia, anyone?

By not needing one as he has dual nationality ?
Will this stop being a thing tomorrow when we are free from the evil clutches of the EU and their despicable laws ?

Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

by Sanguine » 31 Jan 2020 15:33

Nameless
Sanguine
Hound

Will this stop being a thing tomorrow when we are free from the evil clutches of the EU and their despicable laws ?

Didn't realise and haven't read the thread, there's no reference to anything but Brazil on his Wiki page.

Hopefully he'll prove a gem, only posted out of surprise really. Clearly Reading has a scouting operation, it's just a surprise to land someone straight out of Brazil who played ten times last season.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 31 Jan 2020 15:49

Sanguine
Nameless
Sanguine

Didn't realise and haven't read the thread, there's no reference to anything but Brazil on his Wiki page.

Hopefully he'll prove a gem, only posted out of surprise really. Clearly Reading has a scouting operation, it's just a surprise to land someone straight out of Brazil who played ten times last season.

He'd be known by the new DoF guy - Alexandre Mattos.

Its certainly a slightly left field signing, but I'd expect a few similar types trialling or coming along over the next year or so. No doubts part of the attraction is he is out of contract in June and therefore cheap

But is an interesting point made by nameless as to whether this sort of signing will even be possible in a year's time

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 31 Jan 2020 16:00

Presumably footballers will be covered by an Australian style points system which apparantly guarantees we only get the ‘right sort’ of immigrant....

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Rumour - Felipe Araruna

by URZZZZ » 02 Feb 2020 22:24

Hound
Zip The two windows we have had good results from in recent years were in 2016 when there was a focus on bringing in younger players like Swift, Moore, Blackett and Meite. There were some dodgy signings too but that was a successful window,
Then in January 19 we by and large focused on bringing in players from big clubs struggling for game time, That worked too. There at least seemed to be a strategy in place. Most other windows for a number of years it’s been so random.

We've had random bits and pieces of success - like Yiadom, Barrow, arguably Bacuna (based on the sell on), but its definitely been a lack of clear vision.

And yeah, thats mainly due to it being in the remit of Tevreden, then Gourlay, then Howe who all clearly wanted different things and had different budgets

Interesting that at the age of 27, he's already had 11 different clubs. Not the sort of personality/attitude I want associated with the club

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 03 Feb 2020 08:22

Dariusz Wdowczyk, where did he come from?

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 03 Feb 2020 09:04

Celtic.

He'd been there for 5 years when we signed him. He was also the captain of the Polish national team and they were quite good at the time so no work permit issues.

He also had a Scottish granny called Morag McDovecheck.

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 03 Feb 2020 09:39

Ali Dia, anyone?

That was a real I was there moment....

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 03 Feb 2020 10:02

Nameless
Sanguine
Hound

No, the exact opposite. Will no longer be able to take overseas players on the basis that they have dual nationality with another EU country! It's also quite likely that EU players will now have to have played for their national team.

Wycombe Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by Wycombe Royal » 03 Feb 2020 10:21

RoyalBlue
Nameless
Sanguine

No, the exact opposite. Will no longer be able to take overseas players on the basis that they have dual nationality with another EU country! It's also quite likely that EU players will now have to have played for their national team.

Surely it will be up us what rules we put in place for foreign footballers playing here once the transition period is over......and we have no idea what that will be.

muirinho
Hob Nob Regular

by muirinho » 03 Feb 2020 10:22

RoyalBlue
Nameless
Sanguine

This may not be enough either - currently for Home Office rules, the country has to be ranked in the top 50 of FIFA rankings. i.e., playing for the likes of say Sri Lanka isn't going to get you an "in", as they are ranked 205. Even within that top 50, the number of games played are significant - i.e., for a lower ranked side, they have to have played for at least 70% of matches in the last 2 years.

I can see some sort of interim agreement being set up for quite a while because it's going to be chaos. If not, though,, the bigger clubs may bring in lots of Europeans in the next window, so that they're here before the new regime kicks in for the following window. The real date to watch out for wasn't 31/01, but 31/12/20 when, allegedly, BoJo is saying the transition period with the EU must end

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 03 Feb 2020 10:26

wonder if it will affect players getting new contracts as well

Guessing that once you signed the contract and are playing you are ok? So many unknowns....

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 03 Feb 2020 10:31

The regs used to be that you had to have played a certain percentage of games that you are available for over the course of your contract to get the work permit renewed when you sign a new contract. The argument being that you had to prove that the foreign player is offering a level of ability that you can't reasonably find with domestic players and you then had to prove they were of genuine value to the team over the course of their contract.

If that stupulation returned, then clubs wouldn't be able to bulk the squad out with imports and not play them, unless of course, they tie them to 6 year contracts and they get residency rights or dual citizenship after 5 years.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 03 Feb 2020 13:59

From Despair To Where? The regs used to be that you had to have played a certain percentage of games that you are available for over the course of your contract to get the work permit renewed when you sign a new contract. The argument being that you had to prove that the foreign player is offering a level of ability that you can't reasonably find with domestic players and you then had to prove they were of genuine value to the team over the course of their contract.

If that stupulation returned, then clubs wouldn't be able to bulk the squad out with imports and not play them, unless of course, they tie them to 6 year contracts and they get residency rights or dual citizenship after 5 years.

For those that want to know more, this seems to be a fairly in depth take on how it works.

https://latitudelaw.com/news/the-fas-po ... ng-brexit/

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 03 Feb 2020 14:18

I think it's safe to say that of our current foreign contingent, Puscas is the only one who would have had a sniff of getting their initial move to Britain and even then, it's touch and go.

I don't think leaving the EU will really effect the top clubs other than to stop them stockpiling. That may impact on our recruiting as the bigger clubs look to bring in more British players to the academy but I still think we hold a strong hand as one of the Cat 1 academies offering a realistic chance of first team football.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 18 Mar 2020 13:52

tmesis
Hob Nob Regular

by tmesis » 18 Mar 2020 18:05

Sutekh
From Despair To Where? The regs used to be that you had to have played a certain percentage of games that you are available for over the course of your contract to get the work permit renewed when you sign a new contract. The argument being that you had to prove that the foreign player is offering a level of ability that you can't reasonably find with domestic players and you then had to prove they were of genuine value to the team over the course of their contract.

For those that want to know more, this seems to be a fairly in depth take on how it works.

https://latitudelaw.com/news/the-fas-po ... ng-brexit/

Basically, absolutely nothing to do with the EU. I don't believe any other nation in Europe uses our system.