MATCHWATCH : Cardiff City (a) sponsored double header part 2

378 posts
Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

Re: MATCHWATCH : Cardiff City (a) sponsored double header part 2

by Hendo » 05 Feb 2020 10:14

URZZZZ
Royals and Racers
Royals and Racers 5th round matches are going to be spread over 3 nights- Tues/Wed and Thurs 3rd/4th/5th March. 1 match per night is live on TV and the other 5 will be streamed on the FA`s website.

Can`t see our game being live on TV- i reckon the 3 matches will be from these 4 ties
Sheff Wed v Man City
Chelsea v Liverpool
Derby v Man Utd
Portsmouth v Arsenal

Reckon they’ll do the bottom three out of that lot

Agreed.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 05 Feb 2020 10:32

The hype around the "Wayne Rooney Derby" is already annoying me and it hasn't even started yet.....

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 05 Feb 2020 10:35

Old Man Andrews The hype around the "Wayne Rooney Derby" is already annoying me and it hasn't even started yet.....

its going to be absolutely torturous. I'd rather do almost anything that sit and watch that game

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 05 Feb 2020 10:40

Hound
Old Man Andrews The hype around the "Wayne Rooney Derby" is already annoying me and it hasn't even started yet.....

its going to be absolutely torturous. I'd rather do almost anything that sit and watch that game

Hopefully they'll put the Reading game on the same day and that will allow us all to avoid the majority of it.

billybraggsbeard

by billybraggsbeard » 05 Feb 2020 10:40

Great game to go to although was a bit worried at 2-0 down player ratings:

Walker: 7 Sound game, couple of big saves, slightly at fault for their 3rd should have come out quicker, but brilliant for pens, being behind that goal he looked massive
Osho: 6 Good game apart from error, but he's young and his pen was magic and meant a lot to him
Morrison: 7 Another good game strong and dependable
Blackett: 7 Sound game, good in the middle and then even better at full back when we switched to a 4, great going forward
Gunter: 6 Typical Gunter odd error but overall quality, give him another contract
Pele: 6 Average game for him, battled well but distribution not so good
Adam: 4 Not so good, awful error for first goal, not looking as he passed it, rightfully taken off at h/t
Swift: 7 Not brilliant but the fulcrum of so much of our play
Richards: 7 Good game, great goal, improving every game
Meite: 6 Poor first half but got into as game progressed and never stopped trying, lovely goal, Cardiff must hate him
Puscas: 3 : Absolute garbage, no pace, control, or battle, he's either carrying an injury or just poor, rightly taken off at h/t

Subs:
Aluko: 8 Superb, Came on at H/T, Was doing everything Puscas wasn't, running at people, constantly involved, best game since QPR away last season, and winning penalty
Mcleary: 7 Very good , also came on at H/T, tormented his full back and rolled back the years with little tricks and good pace & strength, superb first pen as well, set the tone
Rinomhota: 7 Also very good back to last seasons form, scrapping and providing a presence in midfield and what a frigging volley
Obita: 6 Good our fourth sub in extra time, definitely returning to his best, not sure his best position though, great cross for Meite's goal and lovely penalty

Einstein agogo
Hob Nob Regular

by Einstein agogo » 05 Feb 2020 10:42

Hound

I think i'd rather take a sawn off to my cock than watch the build up with Lineaker 'n co :roll:

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 05 Feb 2020 10:42

Hendo
Hound

Hopefully they'll put the Reading game on the same day and that will allow us all to avoid the majority of it.

We can only hope Rooney picks up a knock in the league game before it, would absolutely love the Rooney Derby to go up in smoke.

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 05 Feb 2020 10:47

billybraggsbeard Aluko: 8 Superb, Came on at H/T, Was doing everything Puscas wasn't, running at people, constantly involved, best game since QPR away last season, and winning penalty

:shock: :shock:

I'll correct it for you:

Aluko: 1. Because he is Aluko.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 05 Feb 2020 10:53

2 world wars, 1 world cup
billybraggsbeard Aluko: 8 Superb, Came on at H/T, Was doing everything Puscas wasn't, running at people, constantly involved, best game since QPR away last season, and winning penalty

I'll correct it for you:

No.

Aluko deserves a huge amount of criticsm for his efforts overall in a Reading shirt but he changed the game last night, played very well. Pointless to suggest otherwise. We all rightly criticise him when he is crap so we should be honest enough to praise him when he puts a shift in.
Last edited by Old Man Andrews on 05 Feb 2020 10:54, edited 1 time in total.

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 05 Feb 2020 10:53

For someone who hates "The Rooney Derby" OMA seems to be going on about it a lot :?

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 05 Feb 2020 10:55

Silver Fox For someone who hates "The Rooney Derby" OMA seems to be going on about it a lot :?

We are having a conversation about it. oxf*rd off out of it.

morganb
Hob Nob Regular

by morganb » 05 Feb 2020 10:58

Hound Sam Baldock will be playing against his brother in the next round. Be nice for him

Surely this is the Derby they should all be talking about, not the Wayne Rooney one...

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 05 Feb 2020 11:08

Old Man Andrews

I'll correct it for you:

No.

Aluko deserves a huge amount of criticsm for his efforts overall in a Reading shirt but he changed the game last night, played very well. Pointless to suggest otherwise. We all rightly criticise him when he is crap so we should be honest enough to praise him when he puts a shift in.

Agreed mate.

It's the point I was making.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 05 Feb 2020 11:13

Old Man Andrews

I'll correct it for you:

No.

Isn’t it a coincidence Aluko is playing better in his best position eh? Didn’t you call me clueless or something along those lines for daring to suggest he was a flop because he was in the wrong position?

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 05 Feb 2020 11:15

URZZZZ
Old Man Andrews

I'll correct it for you:

No.

Isn’t it a coincidence Aluko is playing better in his best position eh? Didn’t you call me clueless or something along those lines for daring to suggest he was a flop because he was in the wrong position?

He isn't playing better generally, he had one decent half in a cup replay Cardiff weren't bothered about. If he cements a place until the end of the season and plays well I will happily concede.

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 05 Feb 2020 11:29

URZZZZ
Old Man Andrews

I'll correct it for you:

No.

Out of interest, what do you reckon is his best position?

I'm not arguing just genuinely interested. IIRC he was used as a right winger and was lazy and awful.

Was he used up front against Cardiff?

I'll accept any answer except "just behind the striker" because that to me is another way of saying someone is not particularly good anywhere, hear it far too often! :wink:

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 05 Feb 2020 12:14

URZZZZ
Old Man Andrews No.

Out of interest, what do you reckon is his best position?

I'm not arguing just genuinely interested. IIRC he was used as a right winger and was lazy and awful.

Was he used up front against Cardiff?

I'll accept any answer except "just behind the striker" because that to me is another way of saying someone is not particularly good anywhere, hear it far too often! :wink:

That was going to be my answer :oops:

But in more simplistic terms, it’s easier to say in the centre rather than on the flanks. So by that, I’d say a CAM

He was roughly used as a striker up top with Meite yesterday but he certainly dropped deeper out the two so maybe more of a CF

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 05 Feb 2020 12:15

Old Man Andrews
URZZZZ
Old Man Andrews No.

He isn't playing better generally, he had one decent half in a cup replay Cardiff weren't bothered about. If he cements a place until the end of the season and plays well I will happily concede.

He played quite well in the first game against them too

Zammo
Hob Nob Addict

by Zammo » 05 Feb 2020 12:28

Just like to give a *slow hand-clap* to all those Reading fans on Twitter last night when we went 2 down. Belmonts of the highest order. Don't know why I still get wound up by it. :arrow: LOLord CKS :roll:

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 05 Feb 2020 12:34

I don't really understand why anyone would follow any Reading fan on twitter, there's enough woeful stuff on here if you really have to see it

378 posts