BFTG Hull.

131 posts
Hound
Hob Nob Legend

Re: BFTG Hull.

by Hound » 09 Feb 2020 14:27

Lower West The main problem currently is the lack of ability to create chances let alone score goals. There's a good structure to the team. Now just requires the icing.

Hull's no 9 yesterday was very effective at holding the ball up. Something the squad lacks.

Yeah that pretty much.

There’s a lot of experts on here who don’t watch training, talk to the players etc - and I know that’s part of the fun of being a football fan - but nothing MB did was ‘madness’ etc. I’m a bit grumpy about it tbh after sitting in front of some loud mouth ‘expert’ all through the game yesterday mind you

Also people saying we sat back after going 1 up - we really didn’t - it was our best attacking spell from Obita’s goal til their equaliser

Just a few players being off form, a few injuries and a few enforced changes.

Was all a bit meh but there are plenty of mitigating factors

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 09 Feb 2020 14:39

Hound
Lower West The main problem currently is the lack of ability to create chances let alone score goals. There's a good structure to the team. Now just requires the icing.

Hull's no 9 yesterday was very effective at holding the ball up. Something the squad lacks.

Yeah that pretty much.

There’s a lot of experts on here who don’t watch training, talk to the players etc - and I know that’s part of the fun of being a football fan - but nothing MB did was ‘madness’ etc. I’m a bit grumpy about it tbh after sitting in front of some loud mouth ‘expert’ all through the game yesterday mind you

Also people saying we sat back after going 1 up - we really didn’t - it was our best attacking spell from Obita’s goal til their equaliser

Just a few players being off form, a few injuries and a few enforced changes.

Was all a bit meh but there are plenty of mitigating factors

The bit you say about us sitting back after the goal is pure facts. We did nothing of the sort. Bowen clearly tried to get us a second goal. But I dont think he should have. A defensive approach with counter attacking play would have been perfect.

The entire first half they left Obita unmarked in their own half. We broke up that flank effectively (until the final part obviously) for 45 minutes. In the second half they changed tactics and sat much deeper to stop the space we had. It didnt work but it also nullified their (very limited) attacking threat. If we had switched to a back 4 and packed the midfield we would not only have kept a clean sheet, but looked far more likely to score a second.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 09 Feb 2020 15:02

NewCorkSeth If we had switched to a back 4 and packed the midfield we would not only have kept a clean sheet, but looked far more likely to score a second.

Based on what? We might have done but we didn’t look like conceding in the slightest before we did. That may have happened with a packed midfield just the same.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 09 Feb 2020 15:10

Hound
NewCorkSeth If we had switched to a back 4 and packed the midfield we would not only have kept a clean sheet, but looked far more likely to score a second.

Based on what? We might have done but we didn’t look like conceding in the slightest before we did. That may have happened with a packed midfield just the same.

My non professional and unbiased opinion based on my non professional and unbiased analysis of the game. Obviously.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 09 Feb 2020 15:12

paultheroyal
yuomi Probably going to get battered for saying it, but increasingly feels like Ejaria is a waste of a shirt.

Yes, the show pony stuff makes for a great highlight reel, but it's getting difficult to see what he's actually contributing to this team that Adam or Olise couldn't in that both can actually pick a pass and move play forwards without >50% chance of having the ball taken off them.

I also think Swift's tendency to take an extra touch or try something half-baked and audacious (whatever the hell that was that killed the counter attack at 1-1 yesterday for example) is getting worse with Ejaria in the team to compete with. I just don't see how they compliment each other.

Also:
- Swift to RM is something that should never be tried again. If he *has* to bring on Aluko, why not put him out there and move Swift back into the middle
- On Aluko, I wish I could see what some folks on here can. Thought he was dross yesterday and that stupid yellow card summed it up.
- 2/3 subs were enforced, can't do anything about that, but Aluko for Baldock made no sense and that's on MB
- Trying to sit on a 1-goal lead with this team in this division with more than half an hour on the clock completely *deserves* to fail. We had the momentum, we had them on the back foot, they were beaten. Again, that's on Bowen.

Ejaria is the one piece of entertainment. I want to be entertained.

Go and watch a terrier chasing a ball in circles on the park then.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 09 Feb 2020 15:15

NewCorkSeth
Hound

My non professional and unbiased opinion based on my non professional and unbiased analysis of the game. Obviously.

Fair enough. Similarly my also non-professional unbiased etc opinion tells me it wouldn’t have made the slightest difference :wink:

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 09 Feb 2020 15:16

URZZZZ Interestingly enough, we haven’t conceded a first half goal in the league under Bowen since the 7th December IIRC (Birmingham H)

We haven't won a League game since Aluko returned from loan and got on the pitch against Blackpool. Prior to that we won 4 in a row.

We were winning yesterday until Aluko came on.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 09 Feb 2020 15:17

Jeez

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 09 Feb 2020 15:18

NewCorkSeth
Hound

Err... we switched to a back 4 at HT. Admittedly didn't pack the midfield as such.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 09 Feb 2020 15:26

Snowflake Royal
NewCorkSeth
Hound

Err... we switched to a back 4 at HT. Admittedly didn't pack the midfield as such.

Err... no we didnt.

--------------------Rafael
------Moore---Morrison---Blackett
Araruna----------Pele--------------Obita
----------------Swift---Ejaria
-------------Baldock---Meite

Was how we started the second half.

When Aluko came on it switch to this:

Araruna----------Pele----------Richards
Swift--------------Aluko-------------Ejaria
---------------------Meite

At no point did Blackett switch to LB. You are mistaken sir. Very much mistaken.

Westwood52
Hob Nob Regular

by Westwood52 » 09 Feb 2020 15:27

NewCorkSeth
sandman What did you think of the Swift performance, Seth?

Shite. Thought almost everyone was shite. Even Pele. Baldock put himself about though.

Edit: thought Araruna looked decent!

Yes agreed,he looks good on the ball and can see a pass.However no way is he an orthodox right back or defensive midfielder.Just seems totally not what we need,given we have Swift and Ejaria.Was he bought for next season ,with Swift going end of season ?Or was it just a bit of fantasy football played by our Director of Football ?The Kenyans on FB swear by Timbe,let’s wait and see.I fear he maybe another Royston or Mass Saar.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 09 Feb 2020 15:30

NewCorkSeth
Snowflake Royal
NewCorkSeth My non professional and unbiased opinion based on my non professional and unbiased analysis of the game. Obviously.

Err... no we didnt.

At no point did Blackett switch to LB. You are mistaken sir. Very much mistaken.

Unfortunately, you are the one who are mistaken

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 09 Feb 2020 15:31

URZZZZ
NewCorkSeth
Snowflake Royal Err... we switched to a back 4 at HT. Admittedly didn't pack the midfield as such.

Err... no we didnt.

Unfortunately, you are the one who are mistaken

I refuse to accept that sir.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 09 Feb 2020 15:32

Snowflake Royal
URZZZZ Interestingly enough, we haven’t conceded a first half goal in the league under Bowen since the 7th December IIRC (Birmingham H)

We haven't won a League game since Aluko returned from loan and got on the pitch against Blackpool. Prior to that we won 4 in a row.

We were winning yesterday until Aluko came on.

We haven’t won a league game since Boye dropped from the squad

Coincidence?

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 09 Feb 2020 15:53

Ejaria is a player who can and does make something happen out of nothing.

Eg the time he had literally FIVE players on him just inside the penalty area. FIVE. He managed to keep the ball dribble through them. Fell over. Managed to bounce back up. Still hold the ball, glide past them and put a blistering shot just to the wrong side of the post.

If that'd gone in we'd have been hailing him as a an absolute legend like we have several times before when his skill has paid off.

How many times have we seen him terrorise defenders in the penalty box keep the ball and somehow get a shot or an assist off.

The guy is something special. That's not to say he is perfect, which is why he is starting for Reading and not for Liverpool. But to liken him to a dog is quite frankly embarrassing.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 09 Feb 2020 15:58

NewCorkSeth
Snowflake Royal
NewCorkSeth My non professional and unbiased opinion based on my non professional and unbiased analysis of the game. Obviously.

Err... no we didnt.

Yes we did. First half Moore was RCB, second half he moved to the left side of two. First half Blackett didn't get wide or forward. Second half he did. It was a very obvious4-4-2

Araruna, Morrison, Moore, Blackett
Swift, Pele, Ejaria, Obita
Meite, Baldock.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 09 Feb 2020 16:09

2 world wars, 1 world cup Ejaria is a player who can and does make something happen out of nothing.

Eg the time he had literally FIVE players on him just inside the penalty area. FIVE. He managed to keep the ball dribble through them. Fell over. Managed to bounce back up. Still hold the ball, glide past them and put a blistering shot just to the wrong side of the post.

If that'd gone in we'd have been hailing him as a an absolute legend like we have several times before when his skill has paid off.

How many times have we seen him terrorise defenders in the penalty box keep the ball and somehow get a shot or an assist off.

The guy is something special. That's not to say he is perfect, which is why he is starting for Reading and not for Liverpool. But to liken him to a dog is quite frankly embarrassing.

He's also only just turned 22.

Even at that age he is still learning and this is the first season where he's a proper first team regular at any club he's been at.

As you say it is embarrassing but unfortunately Ian, who does post some good things as well, has a tendency to put his foot in his keyboard mouth on occasion.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 09 Feb 2020 16:18

sandman
2 world wars, 1 world cup Ejaria is a player who can and does make something happen out of nothing.

He's also only just turned 22.

Even at that age he is still learning and this is the first season where he's a proper first team regular at any club he's been at.

As you say it is embarrassing but unfortunately Ian, who does post some good things as well, has a tendency to put his foot in his keyboard mouth on occasion.

Yeah. But it didn't go in. It rarely does with him.

3 goals, 3 assists, 1 key pass a game (pass leading to a shot)

He doesn't produce the goods. He needs to go through the same change Swift did over the summer. Cut out some of the flash shit and start delivering. Stop dancing, start creating.

Right now he's a luxury.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 09 Feb 2020 16:22

Snowflake Royal
NewCorkSeth
Snowflake Royal Err... we switched to a back 4 at HT. Admittedly didn't pack the midfield as such.

Err... no we didnt.

Yes we did. First half Moore was RCB, second half he moved to the left side of two. First half Blackett didn't get wide or forward. Second half he did. It was a very obvious4-4-2

Meite, Baldock.

Please refer to my previous post where I state I refuse to accept that. Thank you.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 09 Feb 2020 16:24

NewCorkSeth
Snowflake Royal
NewCorkSeth Err... no we didnt.

Meite, Baldock.

Please refer to my previous post where I state I refuse to accept that. Thank you.

Sorry Seth, but you're bang wrong and making yourself look stupid. Just go watch the highlights again, Hull have some extended ones up. It's really obvious.

Own your mistake. Watching on TV is never the best for seeing the team's shape, but this is tragic even with that get out clause.

131 posts