BFTG Hull.

131 posts
NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

Re: BFTG Hull.

by NewCorkSeth » 09 Feb 2020 16:24

Snowflake Royal
sandman
2 world wars, 1 world cup Ejaria is a player who can and does make something happen out of nothing.

Eg the time he had literally FIVE players on him just inside the penalty area. FIVE. He managed to keep the ball dribble through them. Fell over. Managed to bounce back up. Still hold the ball, glide past them and put a blistering shot just to the wrong side of the post.

If that'd gone in we'd have been hailing him as a an absolute legend like we have several times before when his skill has paid off.

How many times have we seen him terrorise defenders in the penalty box keep the ball and somehow get a shot or an assist off.

The guy is something special. That's not to say he is perfect, which is why he is starting for Reading and not for Liverpool. But to liken him to a dog is quite frankly embarrassing.

He's also only just turned 22.

Even at that age he is still learning and this is the first season where he's a proper first team regular at any club he's been at.

As you say it is embarrassing but unfortunately Ian, who does post some good things as well, has a tendency to put his foot in his keyboard mouth on occasion.

Yeah. But it didn't go in. It rarely does with him.

3 goals, 3 assists, 1 key pass a game (pass leading to a shot)

He doesn't produce the goods. He needs to go through the same change Swift did over the summer. Cut out some of the flash shit and start delivering. Stop dancing, start creating.

Right now he's a luxury.

To be fair, this season is a bit of a dead rubber now. Perfect time to develop our luxury player. If he can start to find his killer instinct this season we will have one of the best players in the league next season.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 09 Feb 2020 16:27

NewCorkSeth
Snowflake Royal
sandman
He's also only just turned 22.

Even at that age he is still learning and this is the first season where he's a proper first team regular at any club he's been at.

As you say it is embarrassing but unfortunately Ian, who does post some good things as well, has a tendency to put his foot in his keyboard mouth on occasion.

Yeah. But it didn't go in. It rarely does with him.

He doesn't produce the goods. He needs to go through the same change Swift did over the summer. Cut out some of the flash shit and start delivering. Stop dancing, start creating.

Right now he's a luxury.

To be fair, this season is a bit of a dead rubber now. Perfect time to develop our luxury player. If he can start to find his killer instinct this season we will have one of the best players in the league next season.

No. Go into the summer on a high and some positivity. Finishing top half will do us endless good.

16th / 17th / 18th and really little has changed.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 09 Feb 2020 16:44

Snowflake Royal
NewCorkSeth
Snowflake Royal Yes we did. First half Moore was RCB, second half he moved to the left side of two. First half Blackett didn't get wide or forward. Second half he did. It was a very obvious4-4-2

Araruna, Morrison, Moore, Blackett
Swift, Pele, Ejaria, Obita
Meite, Baldock.

Please refer to my previous post where I state I refuse to accept that. Thank you.

Sorry Seth, but you're bang wrong and making yourself look stupid. Just go watch the highlights again, Hull have some extended ones up. It's really obvious.

Own your mistake. Watching on TV is never the best for seeing the team's shape, but this is tragic even with that get out clause.

I dont have to watch the highlights I have the full game. There are many times in the second half when we are clearly still playing with a back 3.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 09 Feb 2020 16:45

Snowflake Royal
NewCorkSeth
Snowflake Royal Yeah. But it didn't go in. It rarely does with him.

Right now he's a luxury.

No. Go into the summer on a high and some positivity. Finishing top half will do us endless good.

16th / 17th / 18th and really little has changed.

But if he finds his instinct this season we will be going out on a high. Playing Ejaria every week isnt a guarentee that we will finish below 16th.

Gunny Fishcake
Hob Nob Regular

by Gunny Fishcake » 09 Feb 2020 17:02

We're slowing slipping back to being a bog average middle bottom half of the table team, players seem to have no desire, as if we're safe from relegation so bollocks to it. Fans deserve more, we've become a team that may be hard to beat, but also a team that can't win in the league.

FA Cup remains our only remote hope of turning another turgid season into anything memorable.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 09 Feb 2020 17:05

Westwood52
NewCorkSeth
sandman What did you think of the Swift performance, Seth?

Shite. Thought almost everyone was shite. Even Pele. Baldock put himself about though.

Edit: thought Araruna looked decent!

Yes agreed,he looks good on the ball and can see a pass.However no way is he an orthodox right back or defensive midfielder.Just seems totally not what we need,given we have Swift and Ejaria.Was he bought for next season ,with Swift going end of season ?Or was it just a bit of fantasy football played by our Director of Football ?The Kenyans on FB swear by Timbe,let’s wait and see.I fear he maybe another Royston or Mass Saar.

He made two very good crunching tackles, and some decent interceptions. Combined with being comfortable on the ball and being able to pick a pass, he looks every bit a right back or defensive midfielder. His size obviously could be an issue in CM, but slotted in at RB nicely.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 09 Feb 2020 17:08

NewCorkSeth
Snowflake Royal
NewCorkSeth Please refer to my previous post where I state I refuse to accept that. Thank you.

Sorry Seth, but you're bang wrong and making yourself look stupid. Just go watch the highlights again, Hull have some extended ones up. It's really obvious.

Own your mistake. Watching on TV is never the best for seeing the team's shape, but this is tragic even with that get out clause.

I dont have to watch the highlights I have the full game. There are many times in the second half when we are clearly still playing with a back 3.

Ok, sorry Seth, I like you, but you've just lost all credibility as far as I'm concerned. If you can't see the shape change you're a lost cause, I'm out.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 09 Feb 2020 17:16

Snowflake Royal
NewCorkSeth
Snowflake Royal Sorry Seth, but you're bang wrong and making yourself look stupid. Just go watch the highlights again, Hull have some extended ones up. It's really obvious.

Ok, sorry Seth, I like you, but you've just lost all credibility as far as I'm concerned. If you can't see the shape change you're a lost cause, I'm out.

https://imgur.com/a/cDnwnIp
Even if we all insist I am incorrect suggesting it is clear cut is wrong. You might say that it is due to Blacketts poor positioning but that's not relevant really, there are times it looks like a 4-4-2 and there are times it looks like 3 at the back. I saw more of the latter.

bcubed
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by bcubed » 09 Feb 2020 17:17

Pepe the Horseman
Westwood52
NewCorkSeth Shite. Thought almost everyone was shite. Even Pele. Baldock put himself about though.

Edit: thought Araruna looked decent!

Yes agreed,he looks good on the ball and can see a pass.However no way is he an orthodox right back or defensive midfielder.Just seems totally not what we need,given we have Swift and Ejaria.Was he bought for next season ,with Swift going end of season ?Or was it just a bit of fantasy football played by our Director of Football ?The Kenyans on FB swear by Timbe,let’s wait and see.I fear he maybe another Royston or Mass Saar.

He made two very good crunching tackles, and some decent interceptions. Combined with being comfortable on the ball and being able to pick a pass, he looks every bit a right back or defensive midfielder. His size obviously could be an issue in CM, but slotted in at RB nicely.

From his broken English interview after the game he said he has played in several positions including right back. I thought he looked comfortable there and as I said on the match thread

Like the look of Araruna a lot
Great skill and getting stuck in with some good tackles 
But most of all great awareness of the game and what is happening around him and where he should be.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 09 Feb 2020 17:29

URZZZZ
NewCorkSeth Not gonna bother with a full report. Big question for me is "Why Aluko?" What does he bring in that scenario? Take off a hard working, industrious striker and replace him with Aluko?

Dont get me wrong Swift and Ejaria do their fair share in helping defensively but neither threaten in the air or are particularly strong in the tackle. A midfield with Swift, Ejaria and Aluko??? I'm surprised they didnt walk through the middle.

I am sure there will be some Aluko apologists responding to this saying "what about his pass in blah blah blah". We dont need a weak, lazy AMC coming on when we are winning. Awful choice, awful player.

Aluko isn't lazy. He used to look lazy with Stam but that was more down to him not understanding his role rather than his attitude. It's a common misconception that Aluko is a lazy player

And he certainly isn't an awful player. He was no worse than Swift or Ejaria out there today and yet once again, after a poor 90 minutes, people are blaming a player who featured for 20 minutes of it

There's always got to be a scapegoat doesn't there? Why can't people accept this squad is massively overrated?

Totally agree with your fair and unblinkered assessment of Aluko. Far too many from the Dellor school of witch hunts on here. Dellor has now got a similar approach to the 'I'm not a racist but.............' qualifier. It is 'I'm not picking on Aluko but........'

And no, I'm definitely not implying Dellor is a racist.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 09 Feb 2020 17:40

SCIAG I think that one moment where Swift gave the ball away in his own half is clouding people's judgement. He was excellent, certainly a long way from "3/10" or "as bad as Aluko". The pass for the goal was exquisite, it was the best I've seen him dribble for a very long time, he moved the ball around extremely well and was a real thorn in Hull's side. Three key passes, two big clearances, and an important block. He's not really fast enough to play on the wing but he still managed to cause them trouble.

Overall ratings:

Rafael 7/10 - solid, couldn't get to the goal but can't really blame him for it.
Gunter 6/10 - was looking reasonably good until he came off.
Morrison 5/10 - poor, got caught out several times, positioning all over the place, played a nightmare backpass to Rafael.
Moore 6/10 - fine, nothing special.
Blackett 6/10 - some good tackles.
Obita 7/10 - took his goal well and put in one good cross.
Pele 6/10 - doesn't really offer anything defensively, didn't win the ball a single time all match. Moves the ball quite well, but despite a deeper role he misses more passes than Swift and Ejaria. He looks good, but is he a luxury player?

Really?! Whilst I can't state the details, I seem to remember him winning it on quite a few occasions. Also, he reads the game really well, which enables him to intercept passes to break up attacks, thus saving him the trouble of having to win the ball back in a challenge. Once again he would've been my MOM. Definitely need to sign him permanently.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 09 Feb 2020 18:30

RoyalBlue
SCIAG I think that one moment where Swift gave the ball away in his own half is clouding people's judgement. He was excellent, certainly a long way from "3/10" or "as bad as Aluko". The pass for the goal was exquisite, it was the best I've seen him dribble for a very long time, he moved the ball around extremely well and was a real thorn in Hull's side. Three key passes, two big clearances, and an important block. He's not really fast enough to play on the wing but he still managed to cause them trouble.

Overall ratings:

Rafael 7/10 - solid, couldn't get to the goal but can't really blame him for it.
Morrison 5/10 - poor, got caught out several times, positioning all over the place, played a nightmare backpass to Rafael.
Pele 6/10 - doesn't really offer anything defensively, didn't win the ball a single time all match. Moves the ball quite well, but despite a deeper role he misses more passes than Swift and Ejaria. He looks good, but is he a luxury player?

Really?! Whilst I can't state the details, I seem to remember him winning it on quite a few occasions. Also, he reads the game really well, which enables him to intercept passes to break up attacks, thus saving him the trouble of having to win the ball back in a challenge. Once again he would've been my MOM. Definitely need to sign him permanently.

That's English football for you. If you aren't flying in for tackles all the time then you "don't offer anything defensively".

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

by SCIAG » 09 Feb 2020 20:22

RoyalBlue

Overall ratings:

When I said "he didn't win the ball a single time", I was including interceptions. He didn't make a single interception. He didn't make a single tackle. He didn't make a single block. To be fair he did make three clearances and I suppose some of those could count as "winning the ball".

In general he makes more tackles than Swift and Ejaria, but fewer interceptions - pretty usual for a defensive midfielder who doesn't run much compared to two attacking midfielders who do.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 09 Feb 2020 21:37

2 world wars, 1 world cup Ejaria is a player who can and does make something happen out of nothing.

Eg the time he had literally FIVE players on him just inside the penalty area. FIVE. He managed to keep the ball dribble through them. Fell over. Managed to bounce back up. Still hold the ball, glide past them and put a blistering shot just to the wrong side of the post.

If that'd gone in we'd have been hailing him as a an absolute legend like we have several times before when his skill has paid off.

How many times have we seen him terrorise defenders in the penalty box keep the ball and somehow get a shot or an assist off.

The guy is something special. That's not to say he is perfect, which is why he is starting for Reading and not for Liverpool. But to liken him to a dog is quite frankly embarrassing.

It’s all well and good pointing to little dribbles he can do, but the question some are asking is where is the end product?

People building his ego up doesn’t help. Kelly for example, his ego was built up too quickly and that didn’t end well

It’s the same people constantly comparing Eze and Ejaria. One has 10 goals and 6 assists, one has 3 goals and 3 assist. Spot the difference

SouthDownsRoyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SouthDownsRoyal » 09 Feb 2020 22:15

Crowbar6753 We really need to up our game for Wednesday night, otherwise i fear a right drubbing by WBA, however we do tend to play better against the top teams.
We really need to get three points out of the next three games, otherwise we could be looking over our shoulders again, yes its a ten point gap, however if we lose all three which is possible on our current form and Wigan take four points, then its back to a six point gap! and, after these next 3 games we play Wigan at the Mad Stad which could suddenly become an important game!! lots of ifs and buts though.

Hello Mr Positive :lol:

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 09 Feb 2020 23:12

URZZZZ

It’s all well and good pointing to little dribbles he can do, but the question some are asking is where is the end product?

People building his ego up doesn’t help. Kelly for example, his ego was built up too quickly and that didn’t end well

It’s the same people constantly comparing Eze and Ejaria. One has 10 goals and 6 assists, one has 3 goals and 3 assist. Spot the difference

One doesn't take his clubs penalties?

People aren't building his ego up. They love to watch him and they do this thing called supporting him and appreciating his talent. I know that's a bit of an alien concept to you and old Radio Gaga who has stuck his beak in yet again.

His coaches will help him develop and iron out any weaknesses he may or may not have in end product.
Last edited by sandman on 09 Feb 2020 23:32, edited 2 times in total.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 09 Feb 2020 23:15

Excellent way to boost your assists are penalties.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 09 Feb 2020 23:50

sandman
URZZZZ

One doesn't take his clubs penalties?

People aren't building his ego up. They love to watch him and they do this thing called supporting him and appreciating his talent. I know that's a bit of an alien concept to you and old Radio Gaga who has stuck his beak in yet again.

His coaches will help him develop and iron out any weaknesses he may or may not have in end product.

Right. But he's been here over a year and he's still spending the entire game pirouetting. People want to see progression within a player, but apart from one purple patch at the start of this season, he's playing the exact same as 12 months ago

And yes, people are building his ego up. There's one thing appreciating someone's talent and there's another over hyping one's talent. I appreciate he's one of the best dribblers of the ball we've had in years. But most people can't accept that if you look at the hard boiled facts, 3 goals and 3 assists when he's pretty much started every single game isn't a great record

It doesn't help mind, that Bowen doesn't play him in his proper position. He looked a real handful at Fulham and Preston on the left side of midfield. So Bowen moves in him infield where he's too often crowded out. Traditionally, good dribblers of the ball play out wide. His mazy run in the first half yesterday occurred where he shifted over to the left side

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 09 Feb 2020 23:51

Hound
NewCorkSeth If we had switched to a back 4 and packed the midfield we would not only have kept a clean sheet, but looked far more likely to score a second.

Based on what? We might have done but we didn’t look like conceding in the slightest before we did. That may have happened with a packed midfield just the same.

They were playing one up front and pushing on from midfield so yes we should have gone 4 at the back.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 10 Feb 2020 00:07

NewCorkSeth
Snowflake Royal
NewCorkSeth I dont have to watch the highlights I have the full game. There are many times in the second half when we are clearly still playing with a back 3.

https://imgur.com/a/cDnwnIp
Even if we all insist I am incorrect suggesting it is clear cut is wrong. You might say that it is due to Blacketts poor positioning but that's not relevant really, there are times it looks like a 4-4-2 and there are times it looks like 3 at the back. I saw more of the latter.

You may have seen 3-5-2/5-3-2 but I can assure you it was a 4-4-2 the entire of the second half/4-4-1-1 when Aluko came o

Look at our goal and the positioning Obita is in. Is that really the positioning you would expect a LWB to be in?

131 posts