165 posts
Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

Re: BFTG - Baggies

by Snowball » 14 Feb 2020 20:40

Lower West
Snowball I don't rate Meite as a number 9

For me he doesn't have the nous to be a good hold-up man

I think he's best as wide right, as RW or wide of 3 strikers.

For a big bloke he doesn't really rough up defenders, he doesn't win enough headers,
and I can't think of any/many great header-downs, or flicks that have fed team-mates.

He's about power, hard running, especially on the right wing.

Thought that was his natural position, i.e. on the wing.

I know, so why are we talking about him as CF?

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 14 Feb 2020 22:04

He plays striker and RF / RW.

He's put in good performances in both. The idea he doesn't rough up defenders is crazy. He does it all the time. Fairs less well at it with big CBs, but that's unsurprising.

He's perfectly capable of playing striker, he's not best suited to playing there alone because he doesn't have the hold up play down. But then neither does Puscas. And he works harder than Puscas for the team.

Ascotexgunner
Hob Nob Addict

by Ascotexgunner » 15 Feb 2020 12:00

Stats are complete b*llocks.
No two teams are the same, Puscas may have had more minutes against rubbish teams.
Same as that stupid "assist" stat. Unless you've got a decent finisher on the end of the pass it's pointless. You could play the greatest pass in the history of the game but if you've got Patrick Bamford on the end of it you know it could end up in row Z. Leeds would probably be in Liverpool's position and breaking all sorts of "assist" records if they had a finisher.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 15 Feb 2020 14:50

Ascotexgunner Stats are complete b*llocks.
No two teams are the same, Puscas may have had more minutes against rubbish teams.
Same as that stupid "assist" stat. Unless you've got a decent finisher on the end of the pass it's pointless. You could play the greatest pass in the history of the game but if you've got Patrick Bamford on the end of it you know it could end up in row Z. Leeds would probably be in Liverpool's position and breaking all sorts of "assist" records if they had a finisher.

Doubt it. They’re not that great.

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 15 Feb 2020 18:24

Ascotexgunner

That is a silly argument. Puscas and Meite have 27/28 appearances in the league
out of a total of 33 games. So Puscas has played in 82% of games, Meite 85%

Clearly they will have played, on average the same number of top, middling and poor teams

Ascotexgunner
Same as that stupid "assist" stat. Unless you've got a decent finisher on the end of the pass it's pointless. You could play the greatest pass in the history of the game but if you've got Patrick Bamford on the end of it you know it could end up in row Z.

Again, a poor argument (especially as between the three players they've only one assist this season!)

On average, key passes, or passes that create chances, will average out in terms
of finding a man in form or a man who couldn't his a barn door with a banjo

165 posts