Modou Barrow

Notts Royal
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Modou Barrow

by Notts Royal » 05 Jun 2020 15:50

I’m not even convinced he’d make the starting line up at the moment so would be a potentially expensive wage to be sat on the bench

An attacking 3 of Meite Ejaria & Olise behind either Joao or Puscas would be a good option

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 06 Jun 2020 13:52

morganb Latest on Mo:

https://the72.co.uk/170806/reading-look ... ing-block/

JLow says on Twitter

A quick update on #readingfc winger Mo Barrow. Royals are looking to sell this summer but stumbling block to any exit seems to be transfer fee. Club want £2m and turned down £500,000 from a side in Asia earlier this year. Has a year left on Royals contract & Turkish loan is over

If his loan is over can he play for us again this season? Same goes for the other returning loan players

Be good if returned loan players could be eligible as Mo does give a different option. However I don’t think they will be eligible for some reason - anyone confirm?

Presuming too much has happened between Mo and the club despite the new management. Therefore would be good to be able to sell him in the close season or at least get him out on loan. Tricky one for the club though, while they obviously want to recoup some value it may not be possible given the mess everything’s in.

I see it being a slow moving buyer’s transfer market with lower fees and possibly more loans as clubs will not have the money to spend so players should be going for less than expected. Might be £500k turns out to be a good deal! Also I believe clubs want the transfer window not to close to allow flexibility in being able to move players throughout the season given the financial position (so just like the good old days when the only time it shut was the end of March).

3points
Hob Nob Regular

by 3points » 07 Jun 2020 22:23

Think a lot of clubs will struggle to shift underperforming higher paid players this summer. We could have another frustrating summer transfer window in terms of players out