MATCHWATCH : Barnsley (h) sponsored by hopeless at home

212 posts
Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

Re: MATCHWATCH : Barnsley (h) sponsored by hopeless at home

by Hendo » 02 Mar 2020 10:41

WestYorksRoyal Moore looked great when he joined, but he hasn't really kicked on at an age (23 - 26) you'd expect him to. He's a good Championship defender, but not PL level. Certainly worth less than he would have been a couple of years ago.

Edit: I'd still say he's our best post-Madejski signing given the low fee and his contribution to club to date. I'm sure plenty will agree with me.

Agreed, getting him for a million was a really good bit of business and has certainly been worth it.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 02 Mar 2020 11:16

Old Man Andrews
NewCorkSeth
Old Man Andrews Think you might get £10m including add ons if he went to a promotion chasing Championship team. Would agree £5m would be about right for a straight transfer deal.

Struggle to see potential suitors at the moment. On paper this team looked good and you can be damn sure other managers/scouts have noticed his drop off. He has had bright patches and on the whole our defending has been fine but cant see any championship side paying 5 million for him.

Could easily see him at any of the current top 6. I think he would look great in a confident side surrounded by decent players. Not sure he can handle the responsibility of captaining a struggling side and feeling all the weight on his shoulders.

I wasnt trying to shit on him or anything. Hes been fantastic for us. I think the fact we know how good he can be has made the disappointing performances stick to my mind. I would prefer he stays here and plays as well as he has at times obviously but I think he has definitely dropped in value. We were turning down 10 million for him and now I cant see anyone offering that much.

I'm still not sure if I would sell him to get Miazga. Miazga is top quality at this level but it would still be a gamble. An expensive one at that. I would love to have both of them here but Morrison is decent and McIntyre is solid if inexperienced. Is it our priority? It just seems like trading one decent option for another decent option. Unless the finances are incredible keeping Moore is the more worthwhile option. I think.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 02 Mar 2020 12:01

Dave the rave The moment you've all been waiting for has arrived and this week's i winner is Hound (second time?) with this gem....

Hound Bowen has to make changes for this. I’m really starting to dislike the Moore/Morrison pairing and surprised more people haven’t mentioned it. Cannot keep a clean sheet and constantly out battled. Would be much happier with Miazga

Do you have a crystal ball?

Thought I'd put up the whole page today so we can see a snapshot of other team forums.

https://imgur.com/CJcEB58

nice. Well it was a decent point to be fair, and for once I called something correctly. Glad it was captured by national media

Dave the rave

by Dave the rave » 02 Mar 2020 12:12

Hound
Dave the rave The moment you've all been waiting for has arrived and this week's i winner is Hound (second time?) with this gem....

Hound Bowen has to make changes for this. I’m really starting to dislike the Moore/Morrison pairing and surprised more people haven’t mentioned it. Cannot keep a clean sheet and constantly out battled. Would be much happier with Miazga

Thought I'd put up the whole page today so we can see a snapshot of other team forums.

nice. Well it was a decent point to be fair, and for once I called something correctly. Glad it was captured by national media

Don't let the fame go to your head, mate. :wink:

I'm a big fan of the Bristol City quote. Relatable.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 02 Mar 2020 12:13

The QPR comment is quite special.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 02 Mar 2020 13:04

Dave the rave
Hound

it is. Slightly bizarre being as they are 7th though

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 02 Mar 2020 13:59

Hound
Dave the rave
Hound

it is. Slightly bizarre being as they are 7th though

Won't ever go up under Johnson IMO and the consensus is that even on their win streak, they were getting extreme levels of luck

Actually rumoured that he was under a bit of pressure after their loss to Huddersfield in midweek but they picked up a decent point at Millwall on Saturday

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 02 Mar 2020 14:12

NewCorkSeth
Old Man Andrews
NewCorkSeth Struggle to see potential suitors at the moment. On paper this team looked good and you can be damn sure other managers/scouts have noticed his drop off. He has had bright patches and on the whole our defending has been fine but cant see any championship side paying 5 million for him.

Could easily see him at any of the current top 6. I think he would look great in a confident side surrounded by decent players. Not sure he can handle the responsibility of captaining a struggling side and feeling all the weight on his shoulders.

I wasnt trying to shit on him or anything. Hes been fantastic for us. I think the fact we know how good he can be has made the disappointing performances stick to my mind. I would prefer he stays here and plays as well as he has at times obviously but I think he has definitely dropped in value. We were turning down 10 million for him and now I cant see anyone offering that much.

I'm still not sure if I would sell him to get Miazga. Miazga is top quality at this level but it would still be a gamble. An expensive one at that. I would love to have both of them here but Morrison is decent and McIntyre is solid if inexperienced. Is it our priority? It just seems like trading one decent option for another decent option. Unless the finances are incredible keeping Moore is the more worthwhile option. I think.

In Moore's defence he's been playing with a pretty major injury for a long time. I can imagine it must take it's toll physically and mentally.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 02 Mar 2020 14:25

Nameless
NewCorkSeth
Old Man Andrews Could easily see him at any of the current top 6. I think he would look great in a confident side surrounded by decent players. Not sure he can handle the responsibility of captaining a struggling side and feeling all the weight on his shoulders.

In Moore's defence he's been playing with a pretty major injury for a long time. I can imagine it must take it's toll physically and mentally.

Hopefully he will have surgery on it over the summer. When we're safe, I would be more than happy for him to sit out the rest of the games to get it done as soon as possible and play with Morrison, McIntyre and Miazga.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 02 Mar 2020 14:43

Nameless
NewCorkSeth
Old Man Andrews Could easily see him at any of the current top 6. I think he would look great in a confident side surrounded by decent players. Not sure he can handle the responsibility of captaining a struggling side and feeling all the weight on his shoulders.

Yeah that's fair.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 02 Mar 2020 17:41

WestYorksRoyal
URZZZZ
WestYorksRoyal Morrison is a leader at the back though. We don't have many of them. Moore is not as good at organizing the defence

I like Moore but I think this summer might be a good time for us to part ways providing we can get a decent ish fee for him

Reckon McIntyre can be a real no nonsense solid CB and reckon he’ll be more than a 4th choice next season. As an added bonus, I always like a right footed left footed partnership at the back, helps to move the ball on a bit quicker when playing from the back

I've also wondered this. At the same time, if we're trying to move away from constant turnover to stability, selling a big player and key personality from the last few years doesn't make sense. It's games like Wigan that make me wonder. We've seen those sort of poor performances under Stam, Clement, Gomes and Bowen; makes you question the key players who have been involved throughout

If selling Moore got us Miazga then I think that's net gain. Although losing Blackett too that's down to 3 senior CBs, one pretty inexperienced.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 02 Mar 2020 21:52

Snowflake Royal
WestYorksRoyal
URZZZZ
I like Moore but I think this summer might be a good time for us to part ways providing we can get a decent ish fee for him

Reckon McIntyre can be a real no nonsense solid CB and reckon he’ll be more than a 4th choice next season. As an added bonus, I always like a right footed left footed partnership at the back, helps to move the ball on a bit quicker when playing from the back

I've also wondered this. At the same time, if we're trying to move away from constant turnover to stability, selling a big player and key personality from the last few years doesn't make sense. It's games like Wigan that make me wonder. We've seen those sort of poor performances under Stam, Clement, Gomes and Bowen; makes you question the key players who have been involved throughout

If selling Moore got us Miazga then I think that's net gain. Although losing Blackett too that's down to 3 senior CBs, one pretty inexperienced.

Would rather a small squad than a large squad. In recent years, our squad has been too large which creates disharmony around the squad. Can't imagine the likes of McCleary, Boye, Loader, Adam etc are particularly happy at the moment and we saw that cryptic message from Rino after being dropped midweek

As long as we have options for each position and a good balance. So you're not left with 6 people that can play attacking midfield but no-one out wide etc

212 posts