MATCHWATCH : Barnsley (h) sponsored by hopeless at home

212 posts
URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

Re: MATCHWATCH : Barnsley (h) sponsored by hopeless at home

by URZZZZ » 29 Feb 2020 03:27

Jonathan Low’s article “players that could come in for Barnsley” and then lists Ryan East. He doesn’t help himself at times :lol:

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 29 Feb 2020 04:14

URZZZZ Jonathan Low’s article “players that could come in for Barnsley” and then lists Ryan East. He doesn’t help himself at times :lol:

He's horrendous, not sure how he gets away with it.

Simmops
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Simmops » 29 Feb 2020 08:07

URZZZZ Jonathan Low’s article “players that could come in for Barnsley” and then lists Ryan East. He doesn’t help himself at times :lol:

What's wrong with it

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 29 Feb 2020 09:58

That's a big ooooff right there.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 29 Feb 2020 10:06

So what we saying for the team? Formation is probably the most important thing for me. We cannot keep jumping between formations to counter "threats" Bowen has dreamt up. We really should be looking to force our game on other teams. I am not confident for this one.

Think we all know Rafael, Yiadom, Morrison, Moore and Richards will play. Anybody got a preference for the midfield 3? Pele stunk the lace out last game but that was his only really bad performance this season. Do Swift and Ejaria need a rest? Could Rinomhota and Olise fill the creative vacuum?

I'm tempted to go:

------------------------Rafael
Yiadom---Morrison---Moore---Richards
---------------------Pele---Rino
Meite----------------Olise----------------Obita?
-----------------------Baldock

Is Obita back? Also I assume Puscas has a knock still si should be tested.

Anyone got any word on McCleary?

And, last question, has Loader played his last game for us?

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 29 Feb 2020 10:22

NewCorkSeth So what we saying for the team? Formation is probably the most important thing for me. We cannot keep jumping between formations to counter "threats" Bowen has dreamt up. We really should be looking to force our game on other teams. I am not confident for this one.

Think we all know Rafael, Yiadom, Morrison, Moore and Richards will play. Anybody got a preference for the midfield 3? Pele stunk the lace out last game but that was his only really bad performance this season. Do Swift and Ejaria need a rest? Could Rinomhota and Olise fill the creative vacuum?

I'm tempted to go:

If we’re playing a 4-2-3-1, Pele doesn’t fit in (IMO). He’s either got to be in the centre defensive role like in the 4-4-1-4-1 or on the bench. I think, in general, since evolving to the 4-2-3-1 formation, we’ve played a lot better without him, hence the Cardiff (A) cup result scenario and Wednesday away. So I think Swift would be better there

McCleary is fit reading between the lines of what Bowen said on Wednesday so wouldn’t be surprised to see him around the squad today. Think Timbe will get a run out today too, whether that’s from the start I’m not sure

Obita was back for Leeds but no where to be seen on Wednesday night, regrettably I wouldn’t be surprised whatsoever to see him back in. And I doubt Loader will play for us again, especially in the latter stages when Joao is back, but knowing Bowen, he may well have a surprise up his sleeve, especially if Puscas still isn’t ready

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 29 Feb 2020 10:37

URZZZZ
NewCorkSeth So what we saying for the team? Formation is probably the most important thing for me. We cannot keep jumping between formations to counter "threats" Bowen has dreamt up. We really should be looking to force our game on other teams. I am not confident for this one.

I'm tempted to go:

If we’re playing a 4-2-3-1, Pele doesn’t fit in (IMO). He’s either got to be in the centre defensive role like in the 4-4-1-4-1 or on the bench. I think, in general, since evolving to the 4-2-3-1 formation, we’ve played a lot better without him, hence the Cardiff (A) cup result scenario and Wednesday away. So I think Swift would be better there

McCleary is fit reading between the lines of what Bowen said on Wednesday so wouldn’t be surprised to see him around the squad today. Think Timbe will get a run out today too, whether that’s from the start I’m not sure

Obita was back for Leeds but no where to be seen on Wednesday night, regrettably I wouldn’t be surprised whatsoever to see him back in. And I doubt Loader will play for us again, especially in the latter stages when Joao is back, but knowing Bowen, he may well have a surprise up his sleeve, especially if Puscas still isn’t ready

My idea with Pele and Rinomhota as a central pairing is that both have good engines. Pele will sit back in possession and Rinomhota will shuttle the ball forward. In effect our midfield 3 would look more like:

-----Pele
Rino---Olise

When in possession. Out of possession it is essential that Rinomhota sits back with Pele. Rinomhota is a true box to box player. If his passing was a little smarter he would be excellent but he is what he is. Imo, the most common problem we have had in Joaos absence is our ability to link up with our forwards. Rinomhota being a direct runner capable of getting back to defend when ball is lost is the only solution I can think of. Leave Pele as an anchor man to assist the CBs, Rinomhota as a water carrier and let Olise be a roaming playmaker.

Although Olise certainly is capable of being a Swift style deep lying playmaker. Despite the relegation battle I have decided getting Olise as many minutes as possible is the smart thing to do. He has looked the most confident player we have on the ball in recent weeks. Let's see if he can start to impact games rather than just look capable of doing so.

McCleary might be smart to use. Meite might be worth a shout up front instead of Baldock.

Loader really has vanished. Such a shame. At least Olise looks cracking. Hope CBC can live up to the hype. Maybe that Nevers lad too.

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 29 Feb 2020 10:59

Silver Fox I trust everyone who thinks we're going down is all over the 80/1 on offer for that to happen? Free money surely?

when I looked, best offer was 18/1

Judas bet or not, 80/1 is very good odds.

Should the bottom 3 win today (and RFC lose, obvs) I'd expect them to be 7/8/9-1 at best

Plus £50 at 80-1 = £4,050 returned, compensation for relegation.

Go on holiday and do a tour of League 1 clubs...

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 29 Feb 2020 11:01

URZZZZ

I'm tempted to go:

Great tactic. Surely with 14 players we'll pick up enough points?

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 29 Feb 2020 11:03

I'm tempted to go:

Rino has to start.
Araruna should not be playing midfield.
We should probably play 2 up

How about:
........................Cabral
Yiadom, Morrison, Moore, Richards
.....Olise, Rinomhota, Swift, Masika
...................Meite, Baldock

Or if you want to stay same sort of shape

..........................Cabral
..................Rinomhota, Pele
.....Meite, ..........Swift........, Baldock
.........................Puscas

If Obita is fit, I'd certainly play him before Richards

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

by SCIAG » 29 Feb 2020 11:23

Snowball
URZZZZ

I'm tempted to go:

Great tactic. Surely with 14 players we'll pick up enough points?

That’s 15 players.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 29 Feb 2020 11:28

Snowflake Royal

I'm tempted to go:

Rino has to start.

How about:

I think Rinomhota should be starting too. I like the second line up but is Puscas fit? We play an unfit Puscas and he wont play well then we have to deal with a few more weeks of "he is shit".

Swift is almost certainly better in a deeper role. Do you not think he could do with a little break? I worry about his knees.

4-3-3 could be the answer. Same team but Swift sitting deep, Rinomhota to play slightly more advanced. Would love to see us line up with a front 3 of Meite, Puscas and Baldock.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 29 Feb 2020 12:13

NewCorkSeth
Snowflake Royal

I'm tempted to go:

Rino has to start.

How about:

I think Rinomhota should be starting too. I like the second line up but is Puscas fit? We play an unfit Puscas and he wont play well then we have to deal with a few more weeks of "he is shit".

Swift is almost certainly better in a deeper role. Do you not think he could do with a little break? I worry about his knees.

4-3-3 could be the answer. Same team but Swift sitting deep, Rinomhota to play slightly more advanced. Would love to see us line up with a front 3 of Meite, Puscas and Baldock.

Puscas was on the bench on midweek, it can only have been precautionary to avoid making a tweak worse, with Bowen still prepared to use him in some circumstances. So I'm going to assume he could play after a recovery period.

Swift is our main source of goals, so daft to play him deep IMO. Get him working the through balls and chances. He can always drop a bit deeper to pick up the ball sometimes.

TBH there's not a lot of difference between 4-3-3 and 4-2-3-1.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 29 Feb 2020 12:23

If we lose today is it definitely "Bowen Out" time?

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 29 Feb 2020 12:32

Old Man Andrews If we lose today is it definitely "Bowen Out" time?

Nah. Not imo at least. It's not about him needing time, or him being unlucky with injuries but we just cant grow with constant change. Its every season.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 29 Feb 2020 13:15

We shouldn't go down regardless, so give him until November minimum IMO.

Give him a chance to have a proper transfer window. Learn lessons. Build something.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 29 Feb 2020 13:30

Snowflake Royal We shouldn't go down regardless, so give him until November minimum IMO.

Give him a chance to have a proper transfer window. Learn lessons. Build something.

He has until the end of the season for me, I want to see some sort of progression from the team.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 29 Feb 2020 13:39

Old Man Andrews
Snowflake Royal We shouldn't go down regardless, so give him until November minimum IMO.

He has until the end of the season for me, I want to see some sort of progression from the team.

I think part of the problem is the team had progressed for a little bit and has now started to regress again. Need to somehow find some consistent progression, even if the progression isn’t as large scale. Would happily take little steps than keep taking big steps forward and big steps backwards again.

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 29 Feb 2020 13:53

Not expecting widespread, knee jerk changes today. Let those responsible for that wretched performance on Wednesday put it right today. I'd play Rino and Puscas for Araruna and Baldock. That is all. Be poor again and we should be ruthless next week

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 29 Feb 2020 14:02

Moore misses out with an “injury” today

212 posts