BFT well I don’t know what to call it without resorting to a lot of naughty words

152 posts
Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

Re: BFT well I don’t know what to call it without resorting to a lot of naughty words

by Silver Fox » 27 Feb 2020 08:52

Absolutely awful game. Oh well

Norfolk Royal
Hob Nob Regular

Re: BFT well I don’t know what to call it without resorting to a lot of naughty words

by Norfolk Royal » 27 Feb 2020 09:11

Old Man Andrews
Norfolk Royal Re the criticism of our players for the third goal. Wasn’t it clear that the reason they were jogging back rather than sprinting that they were tracking the possibility of runners coming in behind them to receive a ball cut back from the touchline. It was a percentage decision taken on the premise that the Wigan player would be too far up the pitch to cut back in. By the time they realised the danger and Moore made a token attempt to speed up, it was too late. They made the wrong decision as it turned out but to put that down to laziness or not caring is incorrect imho.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Are you a parody account or do you actually believe the garbage you have just written?

In fact, an account called 'Old Man' Andrews is the very definition of a parody account.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 27 Feb 2020 09:14

genome Bowen throwing the players under the bus in the interview here... perhaps rightly so, but he's not accepted responsibility

Read his comments. Right to criticise the players but he was talking utter bollocks about the formation and tactics. As if it was the oxf*rd players fault for not buying into your tactics Mark. Stop chopping and changing every oxf*rd week. He found a oxf*rd plan A then abandoned it! Utter shite.

Zammo
Hob Nob Addict

by Zammo » 27 Feb 2020 09:28

JR Form dipped ever since we started making 11 changes for FA Cup games.

We were building some great momentum and have blown it. Gentle tinkering was all that was required.

Good point that.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 27 Feb 2020 09:31

Zammo

We were building some great momentum and have blown it. Gentle tinkering was all that was required.

Good point that.

Great point. It was all going well until that stupid competition started.

#AbolishTheFACup

Zammo
Hob Nob Addict

by Zammo » 27 Feb 2020 09:33

sandman
Zammo

Good point that.

Great point. It was all going well until that stupid competition started.

#AbolishTheFACup

That's not the point he was making, m8.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 27 Feb 2020 09:36

Zammo

Good point that.

No it isnt. Only Wolves had played more games than us at that point in the season, in the top 2 leagues. We needed changes and out of those changes Olise has emerged. The highlight of our poor period. Rinomhota and Richards too came back due to those changes. The slump is down to tactical tweaks. Bowen is having problems right now that he doesnt have the experience to deal with. I'm not in any sort of Bowen out camp but he needs to show why he can be our manager going forward now. This is his big test.

The Real Sandhurst Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by The Real Sandhurst Royal » 27 Feb 2020 09:37

The performance last night ranks up there with one of the worst.

Bought back memories of the Crystal Palace and Wimbeldon 3-0 home defeats back in the 2003 / 2004 season.

Coppells Lost Coat
Hob Nob Regular

by Coppells Lost Coat » 27 Feb 2020 09:42

If there ever was a an advert for how not to win a game of football, last night was it. And it lands on Bowen.
Change formation
Change game plan
Change personnel
Put a player on the bench you have no intention of playing.

Moore should be ashamed to be called captain after last night, he HAS to lead by example. I saw no character from him last night, no back bone. I cant think of a worse captains performance from any player in any team
We needed energy and bite to come on, so Adam comes in? A bit of a head scratcher - I would be fuming if i was Rino. And i hope the Puscas bashing stops now as Baldock had just put in quite possibly the most abject display from a striker this season.

Zammo
Hob Nob Addict

by Zammo » 27 Feb 2020 09:44

How many Reading managers has Moore played under now ?

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 27 Feb 2020 09:45

Coppells Lost Coat If there ever was a an advert for how not to win a game of football, last night was it. And it lands on Bowen.
Change formation
Change game plan
Change personnel
Put a player on the bench you have no intention of playing.

Moore should be ashamed to be called captain after last night, he HAS to lead by example. I saw no character from him last night, no back bone. I cant think of a worse captains performance from any player in any team
We needed energy and bite to come on, so Adam comes in? A bit of a head scratcher - I would be fuming if i was Rino. And i hope the Puscas bashing stops now as Baldock had just put in quite possibly the most abject display from a striker this season.

I strongly agree with you on all of this.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 27 Feb 2020 09:45

was a little surprised to see we actually had a respectable 10 shots (4 on target) in the 2nd half.

I think we did improve after the subs, obvs from a very very low base. That first half was as bad as I've ever seen without a doubt

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 27 Feb 2020 09:47

Hoping people can see why I am so in favour of Liam Moore being sold this summer. He has come to the end of his time with us now. It is best for both parties he moves on.

Maneki Neko
Hob Nob Legend

by Maneki Neko » 27 Feb 2020 09:50

bowen tried to adjust formation/tactics to bring more attacking players into play to try and win the game/change things up. that totally unbalanced the side and meant we went back to being utterly fragile and shit.
players not suited to it and utterly failed to put in the effort required.

our downturn has coincided with injuries and swift and ejaria losing their decent form(as well as chopping and changing the team constantly). & we still dont really have the strikers we need to get results with this set up.

wigan played very well and are on a great run of form.

we arent going to turn this shit around in a season. most of the players are still the same from when we were a relegation threatened shitshow. we did well for a patch after bowen sorted the defence out and brought in joao and then adam with swift and ejaria in sublime form. with joao out and the midfield form dipping, weve lost our way completely, but have managed to hold off complete disaster through some mental strength, in order to get a load of draws in games that we would have lost before, and then last night we just fell apart.

needs to be a massive reaction next game, and we really need to sort out the home form. last night cant happen again or bowen (and the club) are in real trouble

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 27 Feb 2020 09:50

Hound was a little surprised to see we actually had a respectable 10 shots (4 on target) in the 2nd half.

I think we did improve after the subs, obvs from a very very low base. That first half was as bad as I've ever seen without a doubt

3 of those on target shots were in the same 6 seconds of the game.

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 27 Feb 2020 09:51

Old Man Andrews Hoping people can see why I am so in favour of Liam Moore being sold this summer. He has come to the end of his time with us now. It is best for both parties he moves on.

I'm glad you've come to this viewpoint OMA. I have never believed in Moore. I have, in fact, always thought of him as a fraud: all the badge kissing, Tweeting Club1871 is all well and good when we're riding high but if ever there was a moment to be found out it was a cold night at home to Wigan. Give me Keiffer Moore over Liam Moore any day.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 27 Feb 2020 09:54

I'm hoping that last night will be something of a watershed moment, but I thought that about the 0-4 Ipswich defeat, and here we are

A big part of me worries that we're going to be stuck in this cycle until we eventually get relegated

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 27 Feb 2020 09:54

Zammo How many Reading managers has Moore played under now ?

On number 4 now not including caretakers. His tweet stating how they have let down the manager is nearly as eagerly awaited as Xmas.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 27 Feb 2020 09:56

genome I'm hoping that last night will be something of a watershed moment, but I thought that about the 0-4 Ipswich defeat, and here we are

A big part of me worries that we're going to be stuck in this cycle until we eventually get relegated

Obviously financially it would destroy us so I am not suggesting I want relegation to happen but in a scenario where it wouldn't financially impact us I would take it. We really do need to hit the reset button and start all over again and relegation would do that.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 27 Feb 2020 09:57

Stranded
Zammo How many Reading managers has Moore played under now ?

On number 4 now not including caretakers. His tweet stating how they have let down the manager is nearly as eagerly awaited as Xmas.

What's funnier is, if we do sack Bowen and appoint a new permanent manager, George Puscas will be on manager no. 3 :lol:

152 posts