Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

Re: BFTG Barnsley

by RoyalBlue » 02 Mar 2020 09:58

Snowball
tidus_mi2
Snowball
Thanks

Thought so. Thought cock-up at the time but couldn't remember who/what when posting here.

Did Barnsley open us up at all through good play (rather than an RFC blunder)?

There was a moment and I can't remember what the build up for it was but in the second half Rafael had to make a save that must have been on the line because for a moment people weren't sure if it had gone in or not.

Goal-mouth scramble, yes, but I can't remember the move that created it.

(EDIT) From a corner, so not really open play move

It came extremely close to crossing the line. The club tweeted a picture from the goal line technology system which showed a good proportion, but not all, of the ball had crossed the line before Rafael clawed it back. Also, as the corner came over Yiadom jumped with his right arm stretched high in the air and from the video it looks as though the ball came very close to touching it (it may have even done so) before it dropped onto their striker's head.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 02 Mar 2020 11:40

RoyalBlue
Zammo Much better. Puscas & Swift were ace throughout. LOL at Barnsley continually shooting from 25+ yards BUT why oh why, at 2up, do we defend so deep ?

Oh, liked the new tricky winger.

Timbe looked an exciting prospect with the ball at his feet but I was also very impressed by the way he undertook his defensive duties, tracking back, picking up on free opponents, ensuring that he handed them off to a team mate where appropriate - a good and confident communicator.

His arrival has boosted the attendance figures as well.
The ED was packed with visiting Kenyans including a group in full Masai regalia.

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

by SCIAG » 02 Mar 2020 12:41

RoyalBlue
Zammo Much better. Puscas & Swift were ace throughout. LOL at Barnsley continually shooting from 25+ yards BUT why oh why, at 2up, do we defend so deep ?

Oh, liked the new tricky winger.

Timbe looked an exciting prospect with the ball at his feet but I was also very impressed by the way he undertook his defensive duties, tracking back, picking up on free opponents, ensuring that he handed them off to a team mate where appropriate - a good and confident communicator.

Agree on Timbe. Early days obviously but there was something of Kebe about him - hard working and skilful.

On defending deep - I think that suits Morrison (who is much better with his back to goal) and Pele (who relies more on his positioning and anticipation than on pressing and harrying). It also invites the opposition into our half, opening them up to the counter attack.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 02 Mar 2020 17:36

Hendo Enjoyed that on Saturday, thought we did pretty well for the most part and was a great response after the shambles on Wednesday night.

Thought Puscas was excellent, took his goal exceptionally well, seen a few comments on BBCRB that it was an 'inadvertent' flick? No chance, 100% intentional and really pleased he took the shot early, giving the 'keeper no real chance to close the angle down, shows that his confidence is growing, which can only be a good thing. Held the ball up well for the most part as well and looked fired up. Double figures for the season, great for him. If he gets another 3-5 goals in the remaining games, it has been a successful season for him and I would hope he can then push on next season, any talk of him being sold or cutting our losses, should be firmly put to bed now.

Good double save from Rafael right on half time, if one of those goes in, its a totally different game.

Wan't too worried by the amount of shots Barnsley were having as most of them posed no trouble whatsoever.

Miazga was great, think he needs to start on Tuesday, even if Moore is feeling better. I'd also have Moore and Miazga as my CBs for the remaining league games, think Morrison can be a bit of a liability and just doesn't feel me with confidence, almost like Alex Pearce used to.

Thought the ref was ok, gave some really, really odd decisions but was generally ok.

My uncle, who I usually go with, couldn't make it on Saturday so I thought I would be going by myself, so it was a nice surprise when my old man turned up at 2:30 to join me :)

Puscas has form for that sort of flick doesn't he? Did he do something like that against Wigan for his hattrick... much smaller space and rhs around the edge of the box maybe?

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 02 Mar 2020 17:46

Snowflake Royal
Hendo Enjoyed that on Saturday, thought we did pretty well for the most part and was a great response after the shambles on Wednesday night.

Thought Puscas was excellent, took his goal exceptionally well, seen a few comments on BBCRB that it was an 'inadvertent' flick? No chance, 100% intentional and really pleased he took the shot early, giving the 'keeper no real chance to close the angle down, shows that his confidence is growing, which can only be a good thing. Held the ball up well for the most part as well and looked fired up. Double figures for the season, great for him. If he gets another 3-5 goals in the remaining games, it has been a successful season for him and I would hope he can then push on next season, any talk of him being sold or cutting our losses, should be firmly put to bed now.

Good double save from Rafael right on half time, if one of those goes in, its a totally different game.

Wan't too worried by the amount of shots Barnsley were having as most of them posed no trouble whatsoever.

Miazga was great, think he needs to start on Tuesday, even if Moore is feeling better. I'd also have Moore and Miazga as my CBs for the remaining league games, think Morrison can be a bit of a liability and just doesn't feel me with confidence, almost like Alex Pearce used to.

Thought the ref was ok, gave some really, really odd decisions but was generally ok.

My uncle, who I usually go with, couldn't make it on Saturday so I thought I would be going by myself, so it was a nice surprise when my old man turned up at 2:30 to join me :)

Puscas has form for that sort of flick doesn't he? Did he do something like that against Wigan for his hattrick... much smaller space and rhs around the edge of the box maybe?

I can’t remember which goal it was against Wigan but yes, he did do something similar.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 02 Mar 2020 17:50

Hendo
Snowflake Royal

I can’t remember which goal it was against Wigan but yes, he did do something similar.

Not bad for someone who knows nothing about football and never sees us play. 8) :roll:

:wink: