Coronavirus outbreak

1127 posts
Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

Re: Coronavirus outbreak

by Snowball » 13 Mar 2020 09:00

windermereROYAL It`s being reported the EFL will suspend the league today.

Yeah, I rang them, said I was in isolation, so they said, “Fair’s fair....”

Simmops
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Simmops » 13 Mar 2020 09:01

Snowball
Nameless
Snowflake Royal Anyone else wondering about Moore's illness now?

We've had a few off sick in the last month or two haven't we?

Pretty certain there’s been a massive cover up by the club. Explains the Wigan performance. Players seem to have recovered by the time we payed Wednesday luckily.

NO! (categorically)

If the average person gets flu they are sick for 1-2 weeks then below par for maybe 2 weeks more

But ATHLETES can feel the effects of having had flu for 6-12 months and even more

Way back when I was running seriously I felt this effect

When I was “better” I could go jogging and feel more or less the same, but the moment I tried to PUSH I was sick as a dog

I couldn’t race for way past six months

I forget the medical term but there is a known “post-viral syndrome” for athletes and they can damage their careers, even finish them if they comeback too soon

The effects of Coronavirus NOW will still be “in” many players NEXT season

SECOND THOUGHT

Athletes get what has been termed “Diseases of Excellence”

Basically very hard training LOWERS the body’s immune system.

Some top pros may never be as good as they are now

it hurts my eyes to read that

Norfolk Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Norfolk Royal » 13 Mar 2020 09:38

Lower West Peak is forecast to be in 3-9 weeks time in the UK.

While it might be amusing to travel around and care very little. If you've an older/elderly relative. Give a thought to the fact that there's insufficent capacity in ICU to cope with a major epidemic. People will either recovery from the virus naturally or die. A complete lottery.

They actually said 10-14 weeks at the press conference yesterday.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 13 Mar 2020 09:40

windermereROYAL It`s being reported the EFL will suspend the league today.

Seems to be, they will if the PL does but won't make the call themselves. Although there are a number of people at clubs stating they are unhappy at the prospect of playing. Peterborough chairman saying they do not want to go to Bolton tomorrow.

Accrington have announced their game at Pompey is off as they played Arsenal recently but Pompey refusing to confirm.

There is no need to play tomorrow - the league is going to be suspended anyway at some point so might as well do it tomorrow until after the scheduled international break initially.

Every chance UEFA will postpone the Euros shortly so will be able to extend the league into June if needed (and the virus makes it possible)

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 13 Mar 2020 10:03

i think the logical thing to do would be postpone the leagues, then play the remaining games late May and June because I think Euro 2020 will be put off till next year.
Start next season in September and cancel the cup comps.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 13 Mar 2020 10:04

windermereROYAL i think the logical thing to do would be postpone the leagues, then play the remaining games late May and June because I think Euro 2020 will be put off till next year.

Why would you need to cancel the cups??

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 13 Mar 2020 10:08

Old Man Andrews
windermereROYAL i think the logical thing to do would be postpone the leagues, then play the remaining games late May and June because I think Euro 2020 will be put off till next year.

Why would you need to cancel the cups??

Well starting a month later and Euro 2021 next summer . the season would need to finish at the same time.

Ascotexgunner
Hob Nob Addict

by Ascotexgunner » 13 Mar 2020 10:09

Seriously, the EFL and the PL are useless.....They have had ages to call these matches off or make a decision. So what do they do? They decide one day before a full fixture weekend where fans/clubs etc are planning for tomorrow and now wil most likely frantically have to run around cancelling tomorrow (police/travelling fans/staff etc). Utterly hopeless.....They will cancel tomorrow no doubt and "wing it" with no actual answer as to whats to happen with regards the league.

Norfolk Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Norfolk Royal » 13 Mar 2020 10:23

Ascotexgunner Seriously, the EFL and the PL are useless.....They have had ages to call these matches off or make a decision. So what do they do? They decide one day before a full fixture weekend where fans/clubs etc are planning for tomorrow and now wil most likely frantically have to run around cancelling tomorrow (police/travelling fans/staff etc). Utterly hopeless.....They will cancel tomorrow no doubt and "wing it" with no actual answer as to whats to happen with regards the league.

I don't see any reason to call off home games as we have so many spare seats it would be no problem to socially distance yourself from other supporters.

Norfolk Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Norfolk Royal » 13 Mar 2020 10:24

Play the remaining games when the virus is expected to be at its peak. Good idea.

Ascotexgunner
Hob Nob Addict

by Ascotexgunner » 13 Mar 2020 10:24

Norfolk Royal
Ascotexgunner Seriously, the EFL and the PL are useless.....They have had ages to call these matches off or make a decision. So what do they do? They decide one day before a full fixture weekend where fans/clubs etc are planning for tomorrow and now wil most likely frantically have to run around cancelling tomorrow (police/travelling fans/staff etc). Utterly hopeless.....They will cancel tomorrow no doubt and "wing it" with no actual answer as to whats to happen with regards the league.

I don't see any reason to call off home games as we have so many spare seats it would be no problem to socially distance yourself from other supporters.

I think youll find that comment a few pages back Norfolk...

Bonzodog

by Bonzodog » 13 Mar 2020 10:29

Early reports suggest EFL suspended until 4th April via @danroan

Norfolk Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Norfolk Royal » 13 Mar 2020 10:29

Ascotexgunner
Norfolk Royal

I think youll find that comment a few pages back Norfolk...

Oh well.

Norfolk Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Norfolk Royal » 13 Mar 2020 10:30

Bonzodog Early reports suggest EFL suspended until 4th April via @danroan

Pointless on the scientific and medical advice but heyho.

Bonzodog

by Bonzodog » 13 Mar 2020 10:37

Norfolk Royal

If the medical advice is correct and the peak is 10-14 weeks away. That could mean 3 months before it resumes.

Ascotexgunner
Hob Nob Addict

by Ascotexgunner » 13 Mar 2020 10:38

Norfolk Royal

Especially as the PL's "scientific advisor" has stated on the radio that it will take between 10-14 weeks before we may even get a sniff of normality again.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 13 Mar 2020 10:38

Its going to be very strange stopping the season for 2 months and restarting it isn't it? Agreed it might be the only option - but aren't they suggesting May is when it will peak here? Are we just giving up on trying to contain it at that stage?

Going to be strange with player contracts as well - I suppose do-able if we finish in June

Going to completely mess with my year's routines this virus :(

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 13 Mar 2020 10:41

Amongst all the uncertainty, wouldn't it be absolutely hilarious if Liverpool and Leeds were denied the PL title and promotion, respectively. Probably unlikely, but they will probably be denied their celebrations and quite possibly be awarded it on some default basis when we can't complete the season, leading to a permanent asterisk against their respective achievements.

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 13 Mar 2020 10:45

Hound

Its going to be very strange stopping the season for 2 months and restarting it isn't it? Agreed it might be the only option - but aren't they suggesting May is when it will peak here? Are we just giving up on trying to contain it at that stage?

Going to be strange with player contracts as well - I suppose do-able if we finish in June

Going to completely mess with my year's routines this virus :(

We're told to expect peak in 10-14 weeks, which is May/June. We may not be restarting until July. With over a month of fixtures remaining, we'd have to delay the start of next season, with a tiny pre season and transfer window. Add in the chaos of contracts expiring in June, and it's perfectly feasible that the EFL, PL and UEFA will have to find a way of setting this season without fixtures fulfilled.

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 13 Mar 2020 10:46

Just been announced all games will be settled on Playstation

1127 posts