Impact on players form

9 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Bigtimmeh

Impact on players form

by Bigtimmeh » 19 Mar 2020 11:50

As I have little else to do, I thought I might spend some time reflecting on what impact this break might have on some of the individual players.

Puscas : just finding form before the suspension, he was on a good run of goals, the break probably came at a bad time for him

Ejaria : was looking tired, struggling to have the impact he used to, a break may be just what he needs

Swift: was trying to fit into that new deep role , the break could give him a bit more time on the training pitch, as he didn't look that comfortable playing deep at times

João : could mean there's a chance he will play again this season? Subject to EFL decisions

Moore: after that Wigan game struggled to make the team, break came at a good time for him, gives him a chance to impress in training and consider his future...

Miazga : just broken back into the first team after that injury and a (minor) mistake and then a goal in the last game. Looked like he was just hitting form. Break came at a bad time for him, let's hope we see him again.

Olise : just broken into first team , a few great performances. Suspension could stop him getting burnt out, let's hope he can carry on where he left off.

Meite: his form had been improving , hard to know how the break will affect him. He loves the attention and match day hype, hopefully he will be even more up for it after a bit of time away from that..

The suspension I imagine is good for the new signings, gives them a bit longer to get their fitness up and to show Bowen what they can do. Hard to say how it will affect the loanees and whether we can keep them..

Interested to hear what other people think.

Westwood52
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Impact on players form

by Westwood52 » 19 Mar 2020 20:15

I just think the season will not restart until June at the earliest.The Champions League and F A Cup will be cancelled.That will then leave June and July to finish the season.Nine games no problem.Then August straight into the new season.No pre season.
If the players have been cheating on their training;there will be a fair few injuries.

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 19 Mar 2020 20:21

Westwood52 I just think the season will not restart until June at the earliest.The Champions League and F A Cup will be cancelled.That will then leave June and July to finish the season.Nine games no problem.Then August straight into the new season.No pre season.
If the players have been cheating on their training;there will be a fair few injuries.

Personally I think it will be miraculous if the season
re-starts in June

GovSpeak Today: Sounded like IF everything goes to plan we might see the near-peak in 12 weeks (12 June)
MIGHT
But the curve's tail will probably be much longer after that date, the fall in cases slower than the rise
because we have loads of restrictions now (and more to come) trying to slow the spread, but
after the peak, as restrictions are eased... if the tail is twice as long (best guess) then that takes us towards Xmas.

We might get games in late summer but whether we'd be allowed to watch from the stands? Who knows?

Bigtimmeh

by Bigtimmeh » 19 Mar 2020 21:58

So how do you think that would impact our form? Or are you saying it is impossible to answer as we don't know when the season will continue ?

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 19 Mar 2020 22:01

Bowen has his wish of working on the training pitch with the players.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 20 Mar 2020 13:12

Wouldn't worry about players form for this season as it won't get finished.

Doubt next season will start either. Can see them having to wait until the next World Cup year for any domestic football.

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

by SCIAG » 20 Mar 2020 15:06

sandman Wouldn't worry about players form for this season as it won't get finished.

Doubt next season will start either. Can see them having to wait until the next World Cup year for any domestic football.

If they wait that long then there is a risk there won’t be any more football as clubs collapse under the weight of their wage bills.

Suspect a weight like that would mean some extreme measure like mass cancellation of contracts and then a mad scramble to reassemble squads.

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 23 Mar 2020 12:09

Interesting thread, I was going to start something similar myself or pop it in the coronavirus thread.

My Q wasn't so much specific player form - I think we'll have to assume everyone will be starting from scratch. Tired players like Ejaria will likely shine, I think that's all I'd be willing to bet.

But my Q was going to be the general impact on the game and players in general. Sure they can try and keep fit by going on runs/ training hard on their own etc, but we all know nothing makes up for actual competitive match time.

Form tables will be all over the place if the season gets going again.

72 bus
Hob Nob Regular

by 72 bus » 23 Mar 2020 12:50

Form has improved, we will probably go the rest of the season unbeaten.

9 posts   •   Page 1 of 1