Championship to return

235 posts
AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

Re: Championship to return

by AthleticoSpizz » 07 Jun 2020 19:56

Yeah but, yeah but LI only had the one stand open on those 2k days

Surely social spacing will dictate that we have all stands open (with the expense of the electric, cleaning, marshalling, etc etc), if it’s for 6k upwards, then maybe it will pay, under that figure will trim the margins very leanly, and would it be worth the bother?

Would you have drinks and burgers etc available?

bcubed
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by bcubed » 07 Jun 2020 20:27

Mentioned this on corona thread but interested to know if anyone has heard anything.

Aussie Rugby league seems to be using added crowd noise on their tv coverage. I thought it helped and worked quite well. Certainly better than Bundesliga which sounds like a training game. Wonder if the Prem or EFL are considering?

Aussies also had cardboard cutouts in the stand!

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 07 Jun 2020 21:07

bcubed Mentioned this on corona thread but interested to know if anyone has heard anything.

Aussie Rugby league seems to be using added crowd noise on their tv coverage. I thought it helped and worked quite well. Certainly better than Bundesliga which sounds like a training game. Wonder if the Prem or EFL are considering?

Aussies will have actual crowds from this week in NSW at least.

Hospitality boxes are allowed to reopen as part of the wider opening of pubs and restaurants. So people will be allowed to attend games in them. Strict numbers per box based on space of course. Would expect that would be the first way of returning people to stadiums in Europe too.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 07 Jun 2020 21:10

AthleticoSpizz Yeah but, yeah but LI only had the one stand open on those 2k days

Surely social spacing will dictate that we have all stands open (with the expense of the electric, cleaning, marshalling, etc etc), if it’s for 6k upwards, then maybe it will pay, under that figure will trim the margins very leanly, and would it be worth the bother?

Cost of floodlights have to be factored too, must cost a fair bit to run those for a few hours. If games are played without fans in autumn or winter then may start to see early afternoon kick offs on a midweek at lower levels at least.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 07 Jun 2020 21:17

AthleticoSpizz Yeah but, yeah but LI only had the one stand open on those 2k days

The economics were a bit different for Irish as they got charged for each stand that was open so,there was a premium added to the actual costs.
Obviously someone would need to do the sums but if 2000 people paid £15 each you’ve got £30,000 coming in (obviously some of that goes to the government.). You would probably need a 15-20 stewards, very little cleaning. Many of the expenses of opening the stadium would be incurred anyway (you’d need the floodlights even without a crowd !)

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 07 Jun 2020 22:16

AthleticoSpizz Yeah but...yeah but,

I’m losing this aren’t I

Haven't read it all, but I was on your side with the x000 fans isn't worth the effort.

Deciding who they are
Stewarding
Catering
Entrance and exit management
Toilet management
Managing travel

Lots of complexities, loads of room for complaint, needs FA / FL / Gov permission, no real benefit to the club beyond the existing situation of making viewing available online

JR

by JR » 07 Jun 2020 23:33

bcubed Mentioned this on corona thread but interested to know if anyone has heard anything.

This weekend they moved to a fake crowd on BT for the Bundesliga.

I was sceptical beforehand but it made a massive positive differences to the viewer experience. So would hope Sky do the same.

elrey

by elrey » 08 Jun 2020 03:05

The South Koreans used sex dolls. Until some prat found out they were sex dolls and got all uppity about it so they fined the club that did it.

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 08 Jun 2020 06:31

AGF in Denmark set up large video screens pitchside and invited fans to a Zoom video conference for a game.

https://youtu.be/i_h0pC140d4

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 08 Jun 2020 07:40

Snowflake Royal

I’m losing this aren’t I

Haven't read it all, but I was on your side with the x000 fans isn't worth the effort.

Deciding who they are
Stewarding
Catering
Toilet management
Managing travel

Lots of complexities, loads of room for complaint, needs FA / FL / Gov permission, no real benefit to the club beyond the existing situation of making viewing available online

1. Answered, use well established existing process
2. Limited numbers needed, what’s the issue ?
3. None needed, non issue
4. Self managed
5. Self managed
6. Existing process for managing car parking, no need to provide buses

What complexities ?
When was ‘room for complaint’ a reason not to do something worthwhile ?
Of course it needs permission, you’d do it if restrictions allow some access but not full reopening
Benefit to club - £35 grand, goodwill from fans, dry run for wider reopening, employment for staff, step towards normality, fulfilling the basic reason the club exists

Viewing online is the worst option after not viewing on line. For many people viewing on line simply doesn’t come close to attendinga game.
Really can’t understand how anyone who has any kind of feel for the game thinks sitting at home watching on a screen in any way replaces being in the ground. But then again.....

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 08 Jun 2020 08:03

Nameless
Snowflake Royal

I’m losing this aren’t I

Deciding who they are
Stewarding
Catering
Toilet management
Managing travel

4. Self managed
5. Self managed

What complexities ?
Of course it needs permission, you’d do it if restrictions allow some access but not full reopening
Benefit to club - £35 grand, goodwill from fans, dry run for wider reopening, employment for staff, step towards normality, fulfilling the basic reason the club exists

Viewing online is the worst option after not viewing on line. For many people viewing on line simply doesn’t come close to attendinga game.
Really can’t understand how anyone who has any kind of feel for the game thinks sitting at home watching on a screen in any way replaces being in the ground. But then again.....

Yeah, I know you dismissed it and don't agree. I think you're talking rubbish, but each to their own.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 08 Jun 2020 08:20

I believe they are talking about doing something for the fa cup final - ie limited tickets

catering you could do easily - take away places and markets are allowed as of now

its do-able and I dont even think it would difficult to set up particularly. Just whether its cost effective. Which is very debatable

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 08 Jun 2020 08:26

Snowflake Royal
Nameless
Snowflake Royal Haven't read it all, but I was on your side with the x000 fans isn't worth the effort.

Deciding who they are
Stewarding
Catering
Toilet management
Managing travel

4. Self managed
5. Self managed

What complexities ?

Yeah, I know you dismissed it and don't agree. I think you're talking rubbish, but each to their own.

Dismissed it ? I suggested it ! What did I dismiss ? Seems you are the one who just decided to throw an arguement up without actually thinking about it....

I’ve actually put some logic behind my thoughts rather than just being lazy and saying ‘it would be a bit difficult’ because you had to post.

If you can think of genuine reasons it wouldn’t be possible then let’s hear them, but spare us the post ramping laziy non post.

It probably wouldn’t happen, but no harm pondering....

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 08 Jun 2020 08:46

Nameless
Snowflake Royal
Nameless
4. Self managed
5. Self managed

What complexities ?

Dismissed it ? I suggested it ! What did I dismiss ? Seems you are the one who just decided to throw an arguement up without actually thinking about it....

I’ve actually put some logic behind my thoughts rather than just being lazy and saying ‘it would be a bit difficult’ because you had to post.

If you can think of genuine reasons it wouldn’t be possible then let’s hear them, but spare us the post ramping laziy non post.

Alright, no need to have a meltdown because someone disagrees with you.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 08 Jun 2020 10:07

Snowflake Royal
Nameless
Snowflake Royal Yeah, I know you dismissed it and don't agree. I think you're talking rubbish, but each to their own.

Alright, no need to have a meltdown because someone disagrees with you.

I’m not sure carefully considered posts with some logic in them count as a meltdown.
I can handle disagreement, it’s the Idiot who proudly says they’ve not read the preceding posts then makes meaningless comments just because they have to ensure they are posting on everything that rankles slightly.
If you have nothing to contribute then just don’t post.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 08 Jun 2020 10:46

You used to be a good poster Nameless, but you've got a real arse on problem in recent months.

I'll leave you to your attempts to engineer beef.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 08 Jun 2020 10:49

Snowflake Royal You used to be a good poster Nameless, but you've got a real arse on problem in recent months.

I'll leave you to your attempts to engineer beef.

You are the one making dumb comments !
If you had either STFU or made an effort to contribute you woukdn’t have ‘engineered’ the situation.
Thanks for your ‘compliment’, try rereading and realise what an arrogant twerp you sound like.
No one needs your judgement....

bcubed
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by bcubed » 08 Jun 2020 11:05

JR

This weekend they moved to a fake crowd on BT for the Bundesliga.

I was sceptical beforehand but it made a massive positive differences to the viewer experience. So would hope Sky do the same.

Yep definitely better with added crowd noise. Will we learn from best practice in other countries?!
Money's on No

bcubed
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by bcubed » 08 Jun 2020 11:08

elrey

The South Koreans used sex dolls. Until some prat found out they were sex dolls and got all uppity about it so they fined the club that did it.

I really don't think adding a fake crowd works, whatever you use! Unless you're going to fill a whole stand.

The stadiums with random different coloured seats look ok though

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 08 Jun 2020 11:11

Hoping the crowd noise includes the empty seats song.

235 posts