No votes
IAAAAANNNNNNN oxf*rd ROOOOYAAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLL
16%

Total votes: 68
Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: The football is returning excitement-ometer

by Sutekh » 09 Jun 2020 13:29

Old Man Andrews Couldn't give a toss. Championship should have just finished as it is, nobody is going to touch the top 2. If anything just have a relegation playoff for the bottom 3 of the Championship and the top 3 in League 1.

But just for the slim chance of Leeds fouling up it has to be worth it.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 09 Jun 2020 15:06

League 2 have just confirmed the season is over. All final League placing stands. Expect League 1 to follow.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 09 Jun 2020 15:12

Old Man Andrews League 2 have just confirmed the season is over. All final League placing stands. Expect League 1 to follow.

What's happening to games in hand? Wycombe must be fuming

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 09 Jun 2020 15:15

genome
Old Man Andrews League 2 have just confirmed the season is over. All final League placing stands. Expect League 1 to follow.

oxf*rd knows to be honest, I think they are just making things up as they go along. If it is done on a PPG deal then I think they will get a playoff place as far as I can tell. I think games in hand count as a win because Swindon who are technically 2nd in League 2 are the Champions. I have no idea to be honest, very confused.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 09 Jun 2020 15:17

Also a severe risk of Oxford coming up.

Rotherham are up in 2nd place, they should be banned from playing Championship Football.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 09 Jun 2020 16:45

Old Man Andrews
genome

oxf*rd knows to be honest, I think they are just making things up as they go along. If it is done on a PPG deal then I think they will get a playoff place as far as I can tell. I think games in hand count as a win because Swindon who are technically 2nd in League 2 are the Champions. I have no idea to be honest, very confused.

How can games in hand count as a win ? You could have a team 1 point from safety due to play a team 1 point of autos and both get a win and stay up/ go up. You’ve invented 3 points that don’t Actually exist....
I know the concept of the ‘integrity of the competition’ is bullsh@t anyway but if they are awarding more points than actually exist then it really is barmy.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 09 Jun 2020 16:48

Old Man Andrews Also a severe risk of Oxford coming up.

Rotherham are up in 2nd place, they should be banned from playing Championship Football.

Might be an unpopular opinion. But I wouldn't mind Oxford coming up. It'd be nice to play one of our "rivals" for once, we haven't for nearly 20 years, due to our comparative success :shock:

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 09 Jun 2020 16:51

genome

Might be an unpopular opinion. But I wouldn't mind Oxford coming up. It'd be nice to play one of our "rivals" for once, we haven't for nearly 20 years, due to our comparative success :shock:

How many ex Royals do they have currently ? Half their team seemed to be players we didn’t want at one point.

Simmops
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Simmops » 09 Jun 2020 17:00

I would love a game vs Oxford

The Royal Forester
Hob Nob Regular

by The Royal Forester » 09 Jun 2020 19:52

Wycombe V Oxf*rd could be the League One Play Off final. if that happened who would you be cheering on in that final? For me, although I wouldn't be cheering them on, only hoping they would win would be Wycombe. I shall never forget that as soon as the Oxf*rd got promoted to the League, the Tappins coaches stopped coming to Elm Park, reducing our fan base at a stroke, as the "supporters" from that area changed allegiance to a team who were voted into Division 4, not on merit as they didn't finish top of their League. There has never been the same rivalry between Wycombe and that other team, or so it seems to me, perhaps because Wanderers got promoted on merit.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 09 Jun 2020 20:35

Wycombe everytime....nicer kit

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 10 Jun 2020 07:52

Nicer ground, nicer people, excellent manager.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 10 Jun 2020 08:24

Old Man Andrews Nicer ground, nicer people, excellent manager.

While Adams Park (or whatever it is now called) is undoubtably nicer than the Kassam you are working off a pretty low start point.
It’s like saying jay Tabb is a taller footballer than Liam Kelly (or the other way round....)

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 10 Jun 2020 08:26

Nameless

While Adams Park (or whatever it is now called) is undoubtably nicer than the Kassam you are working off a pretty low start point.
It’s like saying jay Tabb is a taller footballer than Liam Kelly (or the other way round....)

No I am looking at it from the perspective of going there as an away supporter................ I have no other interest in Wycombe other than how easy it is to get there and the matchday experience when I am there. Oxford is a shithole.

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 10 Jun 2020 08:54

I genuinely can't believe what I'm reading from you lot. From having football ripped away from us for three months, to now having it back, in whatever capacity, we should be grateful for. I can barely contain my excitement and will be glued to the television for all games.

Some of you just on here for a laugh and are clearly not supporters.

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 10 Jun 2020 08:54

Absolutely fantastic manager.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 10 Jun 2020 08:55

Old Man Andrews
Nameless

No I am looking at it from the perspective of going there as an away supporter................ I have no other interest in Wycombe other than how easy it is to get there and the matchday experience when I am there. Oxford is a shithole.

Damn easier to get to on public transport than Wycombe though!

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 10 Jun 2020 08:59

Hendo
Old Man Andrews
Nameless

Damn easier to get to on public transport than Wycombe though!

True if you're taking public transport. Always drive to Wycombe though, nice and easy to get in and out of and ample parking, one of the all around best away days out there.

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 10 Jun 2020 09:11

What about that bus that goes to Wycombe? The 800 and something? Could just get on the back row with a hip flask?

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 10 Jun 2020 09:12

Old Man Andrews
Nameless

You just wanna sit near the dugout and admire Gareth Ainsworth