16%

Total votes: 68
Old Man Andrews

Re: The football is returning excitement-ometer

by Old Man Andrews » 10 Jun 2020 09:13

genome
Old Man Andrews
Nameless

While Adams Park (or whatever it is now called) is undoubtably nicer than the Kassam you are working off a pretty low start point.
It’s like saying jay Tabb is a taller footballer than Liam Kelly (or the other way round....)

No I am looking at it from the perspective of going there as an away supporter................ I have no other interest in Wycombe other than how easy it is to get there and the matchday experience when I am there. Oxford is a shithole.

You just wanna sit near the dugout and admire Gareth Ainsworth

He is a dreamboat, there is no denying this. Went to a Wycombe game last season and stood near the dugout, saw the great man work up close.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 10 Jun 2020 13:30

I'm genuinely #buzzing to watch Reading again. I'm sure after we play out a soul-destroying 0-0 with Stoke I'll change my mind, but at the moment I'm super excited.

Westwood52
Hob Nob Regular

by Westwood52 » 14 Jun 2020 12:30

Looking forward to it big time,however with reservations.With the Bunde being live I thought I could get into it;but I usually switch off after 5 minutes bored witless.I couldn’t get into Euro 96 rerun;although it seemed funny watching games from 24 years ago;where I was somewhere in the stands.Ditto the Big Match rewind.
A lot of people have now turned off football.If I cannot enjoy Reading live,then that might be the end for me also.Heres hoping nothing goes wrong.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 14 Jun 2020 13:34

Westwood52 Looking forward to it big time,however with reservations.With the Bunde being live I thought I could get into it;but I usually switch off after 5 minutes bored witless.I couldn’t get into Euro 96 rerun;although it seemed funny watching games from 24 years ago;where I was somewhere in the stands.Ditto the Big Match rewind.
A lot of people have now turned off football.If I cannot enjoy Reading live,then that might be the end for me also.Heres hoping nothing goes wrong.

Doesn't help that most of the what remains for most clubs is a dead rubber with nothing to play for.

When the new season rolls around I think some of that excitement will return when there's something genuine to play for for most teams again. Crowds returning at some point will also help. It's hard to get the tribal thrill without them there, even the lesser thrill from watching on screen/

Mid Sussex Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Mid Sussex Royal » 14 Jun 2020 17:38

Cannot get in to it at all. I cannot go in to my office, pubs are closed, wimbledon is off, the open golf is off, so how can football, a contact sport, be safe even with regular testing?

If covid had come along at Christmas the season would have been canned at all levels and no one would have moaned.

This is about one thing - money.

andrew1957
Hob Nob Regular

by andrew1957 » 17 Jun 2020 18:16

It all depends on how we start. Win against Stoke and suddenly the play offs will begin to look like a very distant very slim outside possibility - especially if the gap closes from 8 to 5-6 points.

Personally I have really missed the football and so am somewhere between "in" and "jizzing in my pants"

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 17 Jun 2020 18:25

I was excited but watching villa v Steff Utd is soul destroying and depressing. Just like watching a friendly, even the commentators can’t get excited by decent chances.

Yawn.

bcubed
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by bcubed » 17 Jun 2020 18:58

CountryRoyal I was excited but watching villa v Steff Utd is soul destroying and depressing. Just like watching a friendly, even the commentators can’t get excited by decent chances.

Yawn.

Are you watching the channel with added crowd sound? Much better imo

Also a disallowed goal where the ball clearly crosses the line. Technology didn't help the ref for some reason

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 17 Jun 2020 19:02

bcubed
CountryRoyal I was excited but watching villa v Steff Utd is soul destroying and depressing. Just like watching a friendly, even the commentators can’t get excited by decent chances.

Yawn.

Also a disallowed goal where the ball clearly crosses the line. Technology didn't help the ref for some reason

Dunno I just have sky sports through talk talk. Shite.

bcubed
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by bcubed » 17 Jun 2020 19:04

CountryRoyal
bcubed

Yawn.

Sky sports main event has the added crowd noise. Sky sports Prem doesn't

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 17 Jun 2020 19:07

bcubed
CountryRoyal
bcubed

Sky sports main event has the added crowd noise. Sky sports Prem doesn't

Yeah giving it a go now, does seem better tbf.

bcubed
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by bcubed » 17 Jun 2020 20:10

Thought there was a noticeable lack of chants in the added in crowd noise! No sign of "there's oxf*rd all wrong with him!" Etc