ifollow

251 posts
3points
Hob Nob Regular

Re: ifollow

by 3points » 15 Jun 2020 22:14

Ascotexgunner Can you use a casting app to get in on the big screen or is it restricted like Sky?

Also interested in the answer to this before I pay my £10 for Saturday

CrowthorneRoyal

by CrowthorneRoyal » 16 Jun 2020 08:55

I tried casting from the app on my iphone to my tv and it didnt work. Worked before and after the app was open but not when the app is open.

CrowthorneRoyal

by CrowthorneRoyal » 16 Jun 2020 11:46

paddy20
Hob Nob Regular

by paddy20 » 16 Jun 2020 12:34

UpThePrem
paddy20 Pleased to say I have now managed to log in. For any others having a problem I logged in with a temporary password provided by ifollow using Chrome. You then click on your name (top right) to get 'my account' and edit the first set of details where you can change your password. The ifollow instructions were a bit vague but use the above and hopefully you should be ok.

How long did it take for you to get a reply from iFollow? I've got the same problem. Messaged them last night and no reply today.

Messaged them on Friday, reply Monday morning

Ascotexgunner
Hob Nob Addict

by Ascotexgunner » 16 Jun 2020 12:35

CrowthorneRoyal I tried casting from the app on my iphone to my tv and it didnt work. Worked before and after the app was open but not when the app is open.

Hmmm interesting.....Im using an NVIDIA Shield Tablet and NVIDIA Shield 4k Box on the telly.....They were fantastic for casting til BT and Sky changed their App.
Might try a bit of experimenting.....It can stream games in Web browsers perfectly.

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 17 Jun 2020 11:43

Ascotexgunner
CrowthorneRoyal I tried casting from the app on my iphone to my tv and it didnt work. Worked before and after the app was open but not when the app is open.

Hmmm interesting.....Im using an NVIDIA Shield Tablet and NVIDIA Shield 4k Box on the telly.....They were fantastic for casting til BT and Sky changed their App.
Might try a bit of experimenting.....It can stream games in Web browsers perfectly.

NVidia Shield, good man!

I jsut got a 2019 Pro for 4K and HDR. Kodi is so much better on this than on the Xbox.

paddy20
Hob Nob Regular

by paddy20 » 17 Jun 2020 12:14

paddy20
UpThePrem
paddy20 Pleased to say I have now managed to log in. For any others having a problem I logged in with a temporary password provided by ifollow using Chrome. You then click on your name (top right) to get 'my account' and edit the first set of details where you can change your password. The ifollow instructions were a bit vague but use the above and hopefully you should be ok.

How long did it take for you to get a reply from iFollow? I've got the same problem. Messaged them last night and no reply today.

Did you get on Ok. I see there are new instructions for safari users which works

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 17 Jun 2020 12:20

paddy20 Hi All

anyone having problems signing in? Firstly it says I have entered the wrong password which I know is correct and I know I have the right email address. Secondly if i ask to change password nothing happens!

I have tried to re-register but it says my email is already being used. Any advice would be welcome

Didn't work on chrome or edge for me on PC despite passwrod changes etc.

But works on chrome on phone (!?) and firefox.

Thanks to suggestions above.

Linden Jones' Tash

by Linden Jones' Tash » 17 Jun 2020 13:17

any idea when the free promo codes are being sent?

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 17 Jun 2020 13:27

Linden Jones' Tash any idea when the free promo codes are being sent?

I imagine ifollow have to issue them to each club so it’s quite probably not something that is entirely in Reading’s control so all they said was this week, therefore it wouldn’t surprise me to not see anything until Friday.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 17 Jun 2020 14:34

2 world wars, 1 world cup
paddy20 Hi All

anyone having problems signing in? Firstly it says I have entered the wrong password which I know is correct and I know I have the right email address. Secondly if i ask to change password nothing happens!

I have tried to re-register but it says my email is already being used. Any advice would be welcome

Won't work on PC with Chrome for me but will work with Edge on the same PC. Seems iFollow is still pretty much as Mickey Mouse or Donald Ducked as it was reported to be when it first started. Fear all sorts of problems when coverage starts.

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 17 Jun 2020 14:41

RoyalBlue
2 world wars, 1 world cup
paddy20 Hi All

Won't work on PC with Chrome for me but will work with Edge on the same PC. Seems iFollow is still pretty much as Mickey Mouse or Donald Ducked as it was reported to be when it first started. Fear all sorts of problems when coverage starts.

Hmm yeah. A perfect example of #thatswhyIpirate if so

I hate to say this, especially if RFC end up taking a hit, but I'd almost actively encourage people use streams instead of ifollow if there will end up being an issue with bandwidth/access

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 17 Jun 2020 19:30

Set up an account but no code to access this. Are codes sent out in the next couple of days or do you automatically receive one once registered?
EDIT just realised we are supposed to receive codes this week

Notts Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Notts Royal » 17 Jun 2020 22:04

I tried a similar thing, trying to screen mirror from iPad to Apple TV but didn’t work. There’s no iFollow app on Apple TV either. The iPad is fine but bigger screen is obviously better

UpThePrem

by UpThePrem » 17 Jun 2020 23:37

paddy20
paddy20
UpThePrem

Did you get on Ok. I see there are new instructions for safari users which works

Yes. Got it sorted. Exactly as you said. They sent a temporary password and hey presto.

Mine now works on Chrome , firefox, Edge (on PC) and Safari (on iphone)

paddy20
Hob Nob Regular

by paddy20 » 18 Jun 2020 08:38

UpThePrem
paddy20
paddy20

Yes. Got it sorted. Exactly as you said. They sent a temporary password and hey presto.

If you remove cross site tracking under preferences for Safari it should work ok on Safari. Its better for me on a bigger Mac screen

paddy20
Hob Nob Regular

by paddy20 » 18 Jun 2020 09:06

paddy20
UpThePrem
paddy20

If you remove cross site tracking under preferences for Safari it should work ok on Safari. Its better for me on a bigger Mac screen

Correct all that. I now can't get on at all with either Chrome or Safari!!!!. This is a crap system and we are the club in the centre of our 'Silicone Valley'

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Forbury Lion » 18 Jun 2020 09:21

The Royal Forester
Hound can you view your ifollow account on multiple devices?

Trying to work out whether I need to register my kids with ifollow as well (they have season tickets)

It is only allowed on one device, in "normal" times, so you will have to register separately if the rules are the still the same. Unless, of course you can all watch one screen.
Having multiple devices streaming in one house on one broadband connection may cause slowdown,
Maybe do a test run streaming something else?

Personally, I wonder if ifollow will cope at their end with the sudden increase in users during lockdown

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: How many Spaniards does it take to change a bulb? Just Juan.

by winchester_royal » 18 Jun 2020 09:28

Forbury Lion Personally, I wonder if ifollow will cope at their end with the sudden increase in users during lockdown

Yep. They'll need to have invested significantly in additional servers etc to be able to cope with the increased traffic otherwise it's going to be a bit of a shambles.

Zammo
Hob Nob Addict

by Zammo » 18 Jun 2020 10:04

winchester_royal
Forbury Lion Personally, I wonder if ifollow will cope at their end with the sudden increase in users during lockdown

Yep. They'll need to have invested significantly in additional servers etc to be able to cope with the increased traffic otherwise it's going to be a bit of a shambles.

Oh man. I'm gonna be sat there with face paint, replica kit, RFC scarf and cap. I'll look like a right d!ck if the stream goes down.

251 posts