ifollow

251 posts
paddy20
Hob Nob Regular

Re: ifollow

by paddy20 » 03 Sep 2020 10:18

You have to pay for I Follow??? I thought it came free on RFC website although I see they are now saying £10 per game whereas season ticket holders got if free. Why don't they get season ticket holders to re-new, get free I follow and refund an amount for any game they are not allowed to attend. Apparently this is what some other clubs are doing.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 03 Sep 2020 10:19

Stranded
NewCorkSeth ifollow has a new app, unsure yet as to whether my automatic renewal will be continued on to the new format or not. Seems like the price has gone up?

Mine renewed yesterday, mildly annoyed as all the blurb said it had gone up to €140 from €130, which was fine but the bill yesterday shows it is actually €166 due to some random tax that was never included before. Still not a bad price but really badly rolled out.

Ah just seen mine has not been renewed. Ended up in my junk folder. Will go figure that out now.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 03 Sep 2020 10:20

leon
NewCorkSeth ifollow has a new app, unsure yet as to whether my automatic renewal will be continued on to the new format or not. Seems like the price has gone up?

so what is the deal with ifollow - what do you actually get?

as a fan in another country I get to watch every league match that is not scheduled for European TV (excluding UK and Ireland) for a set fee of, now £166 a year. With commentary. But that should knock value off tbh...

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 03 Sep 2020 10:21

paddy20 You have to pay for I Follow??? I thought it came free on RFC website although I see they are now saying £10 per game whereas season ticket holders got if free. Why don't they get season ticket holders to re-new, get free I follow and refund an amount for any game they are not allowed to attend. Apparently this is what some other clubs are doing.

I have always paid for it as I live in France. Not the same for those in the UK I presume.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 03 Sep 2020 10:28

NewCorkSeth
paddy20 You have to pay for I Follow??? I thought it came free on RFC website although I see they are now saying £10 per game whereas season ticket holders got if free. Why don't they get season ticket holders to re-new, get free I follow and refund an amount for any game they are not allowed to attend. Apparently this is what some other clubs are doing.

I have always paid for it as I live in France. Not the same for those in the UK I presume.

No, I don't think you can get it in the UK, normally, not without using a VPN anyway.

Season ticket holders only got it free last year as we had already paid for the season and then couldn't go to the games.

I think that is what some clubs are doing, however I for one, am glad the club haven't decided to do this, take all of our money with no guarantee of returning and sitting on the interest while they refund one game at a time.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 03 Sep 2020 10:29

Hendo
NewCorkSeth

No, I don't think you can get it in the UK, normally, not without using a VPN anyway.

Season ticket holders only got it free last year as we had already paid for the season and then couldn't go to the games.

I think that is what some clubs are doing, however I for one, am glad the club haven't decided to do this, take all of our money with no guarantee of returning and sitting on the interest while they refund one game at a time.

Ah sorry, I thought the club were giving STHs game passes for free.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 03 Sep 2020 10:31

NewCorkSeth
Hendo
NewCorkSeth I have always paid for it as I live in France. Not the same for those in the UK I presume.

Nah, we can watch them at £10 a game if we want for now, I think that'll change if/when the restrictions are relaxed.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 03 Sep 2020 10:33

Hendo
NewCorkSeth
Hendo

Nah, we can watch them at £10 a game if we want for now, I think that'll change if/when the restrictions are relaxed.

Fair enough. I hope this new app has improved the streaming quality or reliability.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 03 Sep 2020 10:40

Hendo
NewCorkSeth
Hendo

Tenner a game is ridiculous to be honest - can only assume Sky are setting that price to a degree - I think the club do get 70% of that though, so if 10k watch a game via the Reading app, then thats 70k in the coffers. Clearly less than for a normal home game but a lot more for an away game.

€166 was a surprise for me but that still works out as €3/€4 per game, which is pretty good value, depending on how many games get picked for international live coverage.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 03 Sep 2020 12:09

Hendo
NewCorkSeth
Hendo

So while we can't get into the stadium/renew STs we can see live matches at £10 a game?

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 03 Sep 2020 12:14

leon
Hendo
NewCorkSeth Ah sorry, I thought the club were giving STHs game passes for free.

So while we can't get into the stadium/renew STs we can see live matches at £10 a game?

Yes, I believe that is correct.

https://www.readingfc.co.uk/news/2020/september/-ifollow-passes-available-now-for-curtain-raiser-against-colchester/

Westwood52
Hob Nob Regular

by Westwood52 » 03 Sep 2020 12:23

Yeah the email from RFC regarding I Follow for the new season was badly written.I had to read it twice ,as it sort of gave the impression that Season Ticket holders were getting a special deal.Ideally RFC would offer Season Ticket holders(after payment) free I Follow until we could get to games.Being a tight bastard I am not prepared to pay £10 a game;maybe I would cough up for £3 or £4 a game.Sorry being lazy again;but can overseas fans (only)get all all games for £166 ?Thats a pretty reasonable deal.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 03 Sep 2020 12:38

Westwood52 Yeah the email from RFC regarding I Follow for the new season was badly written.I had to read it twice ,as it sort of gave the impression that Season Ticket holders were getting a special deal.Ideally RFC would offer Season Ticket holders(after payment) free I Follow until we could get to games.Being a tight bastard I am not prepared to pay £10 a game;maybe I would cough up for £3 or £4 a game.Sorry being lazy again;but can overseas fans (only)get all all games for £166 ?Thats a pretty reasonable deal.

Its a very reasonable deal but to be clear we don't get cup ganes and on average 5 games get televised somewhere in Europe each season. Which is fine because they then become streamable with better commentary.

paddy20
Hob Nob Regular

by paddy20 » 03 Sep 2020 13:06

NewCorkSeth

Ah make sense. Love France!

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 03 Sep 2020 13:43

paddy20
NewCorkSeth

Ah make sense. Love France!

You are Spacey AICMFP

kwik-silva
Hob Nob Regular

by kwik-silva » 03 Sep 2020 13:49

It was £10 for midweek games pre-coronavirus too, only difference is that now all games will be on there. And this will continue for as long as grounds are below 50% capacity.

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 03 Sep 2020 14:34

kwik-silva It was £10 for midweek games pre-coronavirus too, only difference is that now all games will be on there. And this will continue for as long as grounds are below 50% capacity.

So basically it's a permanent thing for Reading.

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 03 Sep 2020 16:52

Anybody subscribing?

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 03 Sep 2020 17:13

Nope. Will await to hear what the club have to say about ST renewals. Not interested in watching on iFollow. Just isn’t the same.

Elm Park Kid
Hob Nob Regular

by Elm Park Kid » 03 Sep 2020 17:31

Bit surprised they haven't offered a package, say £40 for the next 5 home games.

251 posts