MATCHWATCH : Derby County (a) sponsored by no fans allowed

265 posts
bloody Volvo driver

Re: MATCHWATCH : Derby County (a) sponsored by no fans allowed

by bloody Volvo driver » 27 Jun 2020 15:51

windermereROYAL
WestYorksRoyal
windermereROYAL And Hull city take the lead.

Good Luton win. Charlton win again. Boro appoint Warnock. Wigan in form. Agree it's unlikely, but not impossible.

We will verly likely finish 55 plus points, but its natural for Reading fans to get nervous, i remember Blackburn going down on 54 points, but can`t remeber any more than that in the last 10-15 years.

In the last 10 seasons, 50 points has meant relegation twice.

2016-17 Blackburn went down on 51
2012-13 Peterborough went down on 54

Reckon this year’s figure will be around the 50 point mark, so another 3-4 points needed to be on the safe side.

Simmops
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Simmops » 27 Jun 2020 15:56

bloody Volvo driver
windermereROYAL
WestYorksRoyal Good Luton win. Charlton win again. Boro appoint Warnock. Wigan in form. Agree it's unlikely, but not impossible.

We will verly likely finish 55 plus points, but its natural for Reading fans to get nervous, i remember Blackburn going down on 54 points, but can`t remeber any more than that in the last 10-15 years.

In the last 10 seasons, 50 points has meant relegation twice.

2016-17 Blackburn went down on 51
2012-13 Peterborough went down on 54

Reckon this year’s figure will be around the 50 point mark, so another 3-4 points needed to be on the safe side.

54 I believe is the record high for any team to go down aswell

I liked that boro team alot aswell. Tomlin, boyd, McCann, gayle and before was Aaron McLean and mackail - Smith.

Scored a shit load and let a shit load in.

South Coast Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by South Coast Royal » 27 Jun 2020 16:06

As Zip and one or two others have posted, we play generally ok but once again lack of concentration and a lack of bite costs us at least a point.

This group will probably not be together next season but whoever plays I hope they are better focused than we have been on so many occasions this season-my memory of the season as a whole will very much include those occasions when we (the fans) have looked at each other and asked "How did they score?" as our players look around at each other to see who else (not themselves) was responsible for yet another simple opposition goal.

SouthDownsRoyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SouthDownsRoyal » 27 Jun 2020 16:15

Sell puscas. Use the money to buy a striker who gives more than one good performance a month

One Beer is never enough.

by One Beer is never enough. » 27 Jun 2020 16:42

SouthDownsRoyal Sell puscas. Use the money to buy a striker who gives more than one good performance a month

Or play him as part of a front two. He's not a lone striker in any way shape or form.

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 27 Jun 2020 17:02

One Beer is never enough.
SouthDownsRoyal Sell puscas. Use the money to buy a striker who gives more than one good performance a month

Or play him as part of a front two. He's not a lone striker in any way shape or form.

The 5 or so games before the break he was really growing into the lone striker role. He just has clear issues with confidence and form.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 27 Jun 2020 17:07

Great bit of skill by Puscas to make space for himself tbf, pity the finish was awful.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 27 Jun 2020 17:32

windermereROYAL Great bit of skill by Puscas to make space for himself tbf, pity the finish was awful.

That’s part of what is so frustrating. So often he gets himself in the right position only to make a total disaster out of his shot. While I don’t expect him to get a coconut every time I expect better consistency given his pedigree. At the moment it’s 1 game where he can’t be touched by anyone, then another where he puts it a great shift then about 5 games where you wonder why he’s there (though I accept that some of the problem is MB not playing to Puscas’ strengths).

royalp-we
Hob Nob Regular

by royalp-we » 27 Jun 2020 17:39

All style and no substance. It’s been our problem for a number of years. Teams like Derby and Stoke didnt play particularly well - did what they had to do to get the points.

Oh what I’d give to grind out wins like how Brian McDermott used to have his squads playing.
Last edited by royalp-we on 27 Jun 2020 17:46, edited 1 time in total.

Ascotexgunner
Hob Nob Addict

by Ascotexgunner » 27 Jun 2020 17:40

I'm getting a bit concerned about Bowens record since signing that contract. 13 points from 36 does not look impressive. I'd like to see a change in one or two backroom staff when this season ends...particularly o Shea. I think our defending has not improved as it should have done. Miazga and Morrison are really good defenders but something isn't right as shown in the Stoke game. And the shambles in the last 5 minutes of the first half.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 27 Jun 2020 17:54

Zip Dellor was inferring a point could be important today. Are the EFL going to be making any decision on FFP any time soon?
Just as well we won four out of four over the festive period. Without that little run we would be in dire straits.

There will be no point deductions this season, even without Corona it is now too close to the end of the season for deductions to be applied I believe.

Could be wrong mind but will be surprised.

Anyway one win from the Luton, Charlton, Boro and Huddersfield games and we can all forget about this mini season and look forward to next season or a second wave, whatever comes first.

If we lose all 4 of those then we deserve whatever shit befalls us.

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 27 Jun 2020 18:08

Ascotexgunner I'm getting a bit concerned about Bowens record since signing that contract. 13 points from 36 does not look impressive. I'd like to see a change in one or two backroom staff when this season ends...particularly o Shea. I think our defending has not improved as it should have done. Miazga and Morrison are really good defenders but something isn't right as shown in the Stoke game. And the shambles in the last 5 minutes of the first half.

Not Bowen's team yet. However you perm the players available doesn't click. Recruitment seems more of style over substance.

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 27 Jun 2020 18:27

royalp-we All style and no substance. It’s been our problem for a number of years. Teams like Derby and Stoke didnt play particularly well - did what they had to do to get the points.

Oh what I’d give to grind out wins like how Brian McDermott used to have his squads playing.

When Bowen was appointed he spoke about being nasty, and for a while it worked. But it seems like we're a nice team to play against again. Let us have the ball and await for our concentration to drop. Easy 3 points

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 27 Jun 2020 18:51

It's like the players get energised and enthused by a new manager and after 3 months just stop listening again.

Uke
Hob Nob Legend

by Uke » 27 Jun 2020 19:55

Old Man Andrews
URZZZZ Puscas was looking much better before the break, had began to adjust to English football, think he can be a success here. Think he works better in a duo but Bowen seems reluctant to do that from the start

If you think he will be he next season you are off your rocker.

Hark at @glinner over there

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 27 Jun 2020 20:14

Uke
Old Man Andrews
URZZZZ Puscas was looking much better before the break, had began to adjust to English football, think he can be a success here. Think he works better in a duo but Bowen seems reluctant to do that from the start

If you think he will be he next season you are off your rocker.

Hark at @glinner over there

:D

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 27 Jun 2020 23:12

WestYorksRoyal
royalp-we All style and no substance. It’s been our problem for a number of years. Teams like Derby and Stoke didnt play particularly well - did what they had to do to get the points.

When Bowen was appointed he spoke about being nasty, and for a while it worked. But it seems like we're a nice team to play against again. Let us have the ball and await for our concentration to drop. Easy 3 points

Starting 11's appear to be the basis of next seasons team. Just needs a couple of new additions. There's a fair number that could/will leave that won't be missed. While some of the current team are only going to get better. In far better shape than previous seasons.

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 28 Jun 2020 10:35

windermereROYAL
WestYorksRoyal
windermereROYAL
Greed just love the meltdown, middle table is progress, anybody who thinks different is disillusioned.

Tbf, a few more bad results at Charlton and Luton and we could get dragged back in.

Don`t panic, we have 49 points, not many teams go down on 50 points let alone 55.

Barnsley, currently BOTTOM are on target for 45+

IMO, it's quite likely that 3rd bottom will have 50+ points

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 28 Jun 2020 11:02

Snowball
windermereROYAL
WestYorksRoyal Tbf, a few more bad results at Charlton and Luton and we could get dragged back in.

Don`t panic, we have 49 points, not many teams go down on 50 points let alone 55.

If Barnsley finish on 45+ they won't be bottom. The bottom side hasn't finished on more than 42 points since at least 1993.

3rd bottom has finished on more than 51 twice in that time. For 3rd bottom to finish on 50 plus both Huddersfield need a point a game and Hull need more than that.

If we can't get 3 points from the next 7 games we should be relegated regardless of whether it means we finish in the bottom three it'd be that poor.

Mid Sussex Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Mid Sussex Royal » 28 Jun 2020 11:16

Snowball
windermereROYAL
WestYorksRoyal Tbf, a few more bad results at Charlton and Luton and we could get dragged back in.

We are still 14th, we could end up around 20th if things go badly (which would feel like no progress again) but at least one side below us will go bad.

That result yesterday for Hull could finish them off, lose at Boro next up and they won't catch us with their run in.

265 posts