Squad for 2020/21

1016 posts
Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

Re: Squad for 2020/21

by Snowflake Royal » 06 Jul 2020 12:36

Wondering if we could see something like this for the last couple of games maybe...

.........................Cabral
Araruna, Morrison, Osho, Richards
................Rinomhota, East
Nevers, ............Olise,........ Baldock
..........................Meite

Subs: CBC, McIntyre, Gunter, Swift, Ejaria, Puscas, Masika

See Osho at CB and we know Meite wants to play 9 so give it another go. Bit more of a look at Araruna. Experience in Baldock and Morro. See how Olise does as the main creative outlet and have a second look at East. Not sure about Nevers - don't know where he prefers to play and if sub appearances might be more appropriate.

By that time we should be well safe and McIntyre will hopefully have had a solid run of a few games. Can't see us being in with a shout of the POs still. So perfect opportunity to say go and prove your worth, convince me you can play a full part and stop me needing to make a few signings.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 06 Jul 2020 12:39

Is Cabral a new keeper?

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 06 Jul 2020 12:52

Run out of material and had to go back to that already OMA? Tsk tsk tsk.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 06 Jul 2020 12:52

Snowflake Royal
Nameless
Snowflake Royal I know. And I didn't say we should give everyone 20 games. I said if we can give Loader 20 odd, we can give others more (than Nova or Stacey got for example).

Nova got loads of first team games, 2 full seasons in Holland.
Stacey was offered new deal and opted not to take it, at that point he wasn’t ready to play firstteam football especially as he was still learning the ropes as a full back.

I'm very clearly talking about appearances for Reading.

I know.

Do you not take the point though ?

There are more ways to give players a ‘chance’ than taking a risk with your own results.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 06 Jul 2020 12:56

Snowflake Royal Run out of material and had to go back to that already OMA? Tsk tsk tsk.

Especially given how much material there is in your team selection !

Why play a right back at centre back instead of a centre back who everyone agrees is the future ? Drop McIntyre after a couple of games rather than doing (as you preach elsewhere) giving him a proper run.
The Meite then 9 thing seems to have been pretty much put to bed by Bowen. It’s not where he is effective.
And if you are going to introduce some new players why not give Southwood the games in goal ? That would genuinely be a useful exercise.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 06 Jul 2020 12:58

Snowflake Royal Wondering if we could see something like this for the last couple of games maybe...

See Osho at CB and we know Meite wants to play 9 so give it another go. Bit more of a look at Araruna. Experience in Baldock and Morro. See how Olise does as the main creative outlet and have a second look at East. Not sure about Nevers - don't know where he prefers to play and if sub appearances might be more appropriate.

By that time we should be well safe and McIntyre will hopefully have had a solid run of a few games. Can't see us being in with a shout of the POs still. So perfect opportunity to say go and prove your worth, convince me you can play a full part and stop me needing to make a few signings.

East won’t make it here IMO, reminds me of a Jake Taylor type of player, league 2 level

Shift Araruna into CM, Osho to RB and McIntyre into CB. Or use a back three with Osho, McIntyre and Morrison instead

Also add a couple more onto the bench, 9 players there instead of 7

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 06 Jul 2020 13:00

Nameless
Snowflake Royal Run out of material and had to go back to that already OMA? Tsk tsk tsk.

Why play a right back at centre back instead of a centre back who everyone agrees is the future ? Drop McIntyre after a couple of games rather than doing (as you preach elsewhere) giving him a proper run.
The Meite then 9 thing seems to have been pretty much put to bed by Bowen. It’s not where he is effective.
And if you are going to introduce some new players why not give Southwood the games in goal ? That would genuinely be a useful exercise.

When he can't get the name of our goalkeeper correct then the rest of the post becomes null and void. Clueless.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 06 Jul 2020 13:11

Old Man Andrews
Nameless

When he can't get the name of our goalkeeper correct then the rest of the post becomes null and void. Clueless.

He has got the keeper’s name correct though.
Horse Dead Flogging mean anything to you ?

morganb
Hob Nob Regular

by morganb » 06 Jul 2020 13:12

You would imagine (hope) that once we are mathematically safe then Bowen would start to plan ahead by dropping any loan, out of contract or earmarked for sale players who won't be at the club next season. This might include adding youth players to the matchday squad if he thinks they show promise or reintegrating Blackett if it looks like he might stay. Doubt he would mix it up too much, like dropping Rafael Cabral Barbosa, (known as Rafael Cabral or simply Rafael) for Southwood or playing too many inexperienced players at once.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 06 Jul 2020 13:13

Nameless
Old Man Andrews
Nameless

What name has our goalkeeper used his entire career? It is called respect.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 06 Jul 2020 13:16

morganb You would imagine (hope) that once we are mathematically safe then Bowen would start to plan ahead by dropping any loan, out of contract or earmarked for sale players who won't be at the club next season. This might include adding youth players to the matchday squad if he thinks they show promise or reintegrating Blackett if it looks like he might stay. Doubt he would mix it up too much, like dropping Rafael Cabral Barbosa, (known as Rafael Cabral or simply Rafael) for Southwood or playing too many inexperienced players at once.

Agreed that if I were manager I’d be treating remain8ng games as an extended preseason. Trouble with that is we can’t use any players we might have lined up to join us.
Of the loan players I’d still play Pele as we don’t have any replacement at the club, I’d also want him to be pressing to get a move here.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 06 Jul 2020 13:18

Old Man Andrews
Nameless
Old Man Andrews When he can't get the name of our goalkeeper correct then the rest of the post becomes null and void. Clueless.

No it’s not. It’s called you being a dick. He’s been Rafael since he was born. Do you object to Rino not being called By his proper name ? Have you written to Pele to tell him to sort his names out as he has Gomes on his shirt ?
Last edited by Nameless on 06 Jul 2020 13:27, edited 1 time in total.

morganb
Hob Nob Regular

by morganb » 06 Jul 2020 13:21

Nameless
Old Man Andrews
Nameless

No it’s not. It’s called you being adick. He’s been Rafael since he was born. Do you object to Rino not being called By his proper name ? Have you written to Pele to tell him to sort his names out as he has Gomes on his shirt ?

Mick and Tim are professionals and they get names wrong all the time! And they never refer to Pele as anything other than Gomes.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 06 Jul 2020 13:26

morganb
Nameless
Old Man Andrews What name has our goalkeeper used his entire career? It is called respect.

No it’s not. It’s called you being adick. He’s been Rafael since he was born. Do you object to Rino not being called By his proper name ? Have you written to Pele to tell him to sort his names out as he has Gomes on his shirt ?

Mick and Tim are professionals and they get names wrong all the time! And they never refer to Pele as anything other than Gomes.

I rarely pronounce (or probably spell) Rinomhota or the way their mother’s intended. Don’t even mention Eziatolohai
It’s because I don’t respect them.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 06 Jul 2020 13:29

Nameless
morganb
Nameless

I rarely pronounce (or probably spell) Rinomhota or the way their mother’s intended. Don’t even mention Eziatolohai
It’s because I don’t respect them.

There is quite a large difference between pronouncing a name incorrectly and calling a player a completely different name.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 06 Jul 2020 13:33

Don’t think Bowen fancies Araruna. I think he’ll be moved on if possible

McIntyre should be get the rest of the season at CB

Is southwood eligible? If so, I’d like to see him play a couple. Otherwise I’d leave things much as they are tbh, finish as high up as we can

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 06 Jul 2020 13:41

Snowflake Royal Wondering if we could see something like this for the last couple of games maybe...

Ooohhh not sure.. is it not time to reward McIntyre? Would much rather see Olise in the Swift role in preparation for his departure. Nevers is, i believe, left footed so I would be happy to see him there but only if someone behind him could actually cross.

Having said that would rather stick with Meite wide right and Puscas should certainly be rewarded for his impact on Saturday.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 06 Jul 2020 13:42

Hound Don’t think Bowen fancies Araruna. I think he’ll be moved on if possible

Is southwood eligible? If so, I’d like to see him play a couple. Otherwise I’d leave things much as they are tbh, finish as high up as we can

He is i think. As long as he was registered? He's 23 right?

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 06 Jul 2020 14:14

NewCorkSeth
Hound Don’t think Bowen fancies Araruna. I think he’ll be moved on if possible

He is i think. As long as he was registered? He's 23 right?

just in the terms of how the loans work. I know he wasn't eligible up to 30th June, dunno if thats changed now

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 06 Jul 2020 16:12

URZZZZ

East won’t make it here IMO, reminds me of a Jake Taylor type of player, league 2 level

Shift Araruna into CM, Osho to RB and McIntyre into CB. Or use a back three with Osho, McIntyre and Morrison instead

Also add a couple more onto the bench, 9 players there instead of 7

That does seem likely with East, but I don't think we lose anything having a look in a couple of nothing games.

Having seen Araruna at CM and RB, there's no way I'd play him in midfield.

Osho doesn't look anything like a RB to me from his last start either and he's traditionally been a CB from what I've seen. I'd be more I interested in him as 4thor 5th choice CB, but haven't really rated him anywhere.

As for McIntyre, to respond to Nameless's comment, I fully expect him to have proved his worth over the next couple of appearances and earlier in the season to already firmly be in the first team plans as a first or second choice CB, so no need to experiment with him.

1016 posts