Squad for 2020/21

1016 posts
South Coast Royal
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Squad for 2020/21

by South Coast Royal » 17 Aug 2020 12:06

linkenholtroyal
morganb I know it's from Twitter but ...

https://mobile.twitter.com/JBlackJourno ... 3670745088

Reading are keen on crewe defender Harry Pickering.

Wikipedia says he is a 21 year old left back.

(Didn't think it was worth a rumour thread yet)

I don’t know much about the Crewe team but they seem to have some young talent on there books. Apparently other championship clubs are looking at Wintle, Pickering, Ng etc. I have heard gd things about Wintle aswell especially maybe we should be looking at the pair.

Crewe have always had good young players, often cast-offs from the two Manchester clubs and, at least under Gradi ,have tended to be players who are comfortable on the ball.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 17 Aug 2020 12:12

South Coast Royal
linkenholtroyal
morganb I know it's from Twitter but ...

https://mobile.twitter.com/JBlackJourno ... 3670745088

Reading are keen on crewe defender Harry Pickering.

Wikipedia says he is a 21 year old left back.

(Didn't think it was worth a rumour thread yet)

I don’t know much about the Crewe team but they seem to have some young talent on there books. Apparently other championship clubs are looking at Wintle, Pickering, Ng etc. I have heard gd things about Wintle aswell especially maybe we should be looking at the pair.

Crewe have always had good young players, often cast-offs from the two Manchester clubs and, at least under Gradi ,have tended to be players who are comfortable on the ball.

The same Dario Gradi who enabled his youth coaches to molest young boys?

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 17 Aug 2020 12:55

No idea whether he knew about it, but the same guy.

In the 90s and 00s Crewe had a fantastic reputation and success rate got developing young players. Their entire approach was based on snaffling up promising youngsters who hadn't quite made it at the top youth teams, developing them into first team players and selling for a big profit.

Dean Ashton springs to mind as one... not 100% I got his surname right.

South Coast Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by South Coast Royal » 17 Aug 2020 13:06

Snowflake Royal No idea whether he knew about it, but the same guy.

In the 90s and 00s Crewe had a fantastic reputation and success rate got developing young players. Their entire approach was based on snaffling up promising youngsters who hadn't quite made it at the top youth teams, developing them into first team players and selling for a big profit.

Robbie Savage
Danny Murphy
etc., etc

South Coast Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by South Coast Royal » 17 Aug 2020 13:08

Old Man Andrews
South Coast Royal
linkenholtroyal I don’t know much about the Crewe team but they seem to have some young talent on there books. Apparently other championship clubs are looking at Wintle, Pickering, Ng etc. I have heard gd things about Wintle aswell especially maybe we should be looking at the pair.

The same Dario Gradi who enabled his youth coaches to molest young boys?

The irony is that Saints, also renowned for very successful football development of young players, had a wrong 'un as well.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 17 Aug 2020 13:17

South Coast Royal

Robbie Savage
Danny Murphy
etc., etc

Neil Lennon.

South Coast Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by South Coast Royal » 17 Aug 2020 13:28

Pepe the Horseman
South Coast Royal

Robbie Savage
Danny Murphy
etc., etc

Neil Lennon.

Who we were desperate to sign but Gradi thought he could move to somebody better than us. :cry: :cry:

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 17 Aug 2020 13:48

South Coast Royal

Robbie Savage
Danny Murphy
etc., etc

David Platt
Rob Jones

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 18 Aug 2020 09:49

Is the obsession about which players are/are not in the clubs "back to training" videos a typical football supporter thing or is it that Reading FC have a particularly high amount of autists amongst them? Our supporters during preseason are normally unbearable but it seems worse than ever right now. We really do have the worst supporters when it comes to social media.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 18 Aug 2020 09:51

Old Man Andrews Is the obsession about which players are/are not in the clubs "back to training" videos a typical football supporter thing or is it that Reading FC have a particularly high amount of autists amongst them? Our supporters during preseason are normally unbearable but it seems worse than ever right now. We really do have the worst supporters when it comes to social media.

Football twitter is just one massive joke, tbf.

Look at some of the comments on any news article or post from any big club and it is just a mess of absolute nonsense.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 18 Aug 2020 09:58

Hendo
Old Man Andrews Is the obsession about which players are/are not in the clubs "back to training" videos a typical football supporter thing or is it that Reading FC have a particularly high amount of autists amongst them? Our supporters during preseason are normally unbearable but it seems worse than ever right now. We really do have the worst supporters when it comes to social media.

Look at some of the comments on any news article or post from any big club and it is just a mess of absolute nonsense.

Oh I get that, the silliness is across the board. I am talking about people who are obsessing about which youth team player they have spotted in a 15 second video clip or what club a released youth player has joined. It is just odd that anyone would have the time to care about it. It isn't something I have seen elsewhere.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 18 Aug 2020 10:28

Old Man Andrews
Hendo

Oh I get that, the silliness is across the board. I am talking about people who are obsessing about which youth team player they have spotted in a 15 second video clip or what club a released youth player has joined. It is just odd that anyone would have the time to care about it. It isn't something I have seen elsewhere.

Possibly, I don't know to be honest, I've not really seen it, but that doesn't mean it doesn't go on. I expect it does to some degree at all clubs though.

The biggest bugbear I have with it all though is the ones who post "Announce X", just what's the oxf*rd point.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 18 Aug 2020 10:31

Hendo
Old Man Andrews
Hendo

Possibly, I don't know to be honest, I've not really seen it, but that doesn't mean it doesn't go on. I expect it does to some degree at all clubs though.

The biggest bugbear I have with it all though is the ones who post "Announce X", just what's the oxf*rd point.

Yep that is oxf*rd irritating, we have a high concentration of that for sure. It is constant at the moment with Ejaria.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 18 Aug 2020 10:34

Hendo
Old Man Andrews
Hendo

Aye. And the ones who tweet JLow, "Any news on Ovie?" as if he's gonna turn around and say "Ah fcuk, yeh, he's signing today just forgot to mention it."
Last edited by Pepe the Horseman on 18 Aug 2020 10:36, edited 1 time in total.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 18 Aug 2020 10:36

Pepe the Horseman
Hendo
Old Man Andrews Oh I get that, the silliness is across the board. I am talking about people who are obsessing about which youth team player they have spotted in a 15 second video clip or what club a released youth player has joined. It is just odd that anyone would have the time to care about it. It isn't something I have seen elsewhere.

Aye. And the one's who tweet JLow, "Any news on Ovie?" as if he's gonna turn around and say "Ah fcuk, yeh, he's signing today just forgot to mention it."

I enjoy the ones who ask that Courtney bloke for information, hasn't been a journo for 2 years. Hasn't got a single clue about anything.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 18 Aug 2020 10:39

Old Man Andrews
Pepe the Horseman
Hendo

Aye. And the one's who tweet JLow, "Any news on Ovie?" as if he's gonna turn around and say "Ah fcuk, yeh, he's signing today just forgot to mention it."

I enjoy the ones who ask that Courtney bloke for information, hasn't been a journo for 2 years. Hasn't got a single clue about anything.

Bet he loves that tbf.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 18 Aug 2020 10:41

Pepe the Horseman
Old Man Andrews
Pepe the Horseman Aye. And the one's who tweet JLow, "Any news on Ovie?" as if he's gonna turn around and say "Ah fcuk, yeh, he's signing today just forgot to mention it."

Bet he loves that tbf.

He does, he just spouts a load of bullshit and laps up the responses from our less intelligent supporters.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 18 Aug 2020 10:45

amusing that someone who complains that our fans are about stuff on social media then admits that he keeps tabs on what is going on on all their OTHER. Clubs social media !
It’s one thing to be a bit weird about your own club but to extend that to clubs have have no connection with just seems off the scale....
Even ‘worrying’ about whether some of our fans spend too much time on Twitter suggests a need to get a life....

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

by SCIAG » 18 Aug 2020 10:50

Sutekh
South Coast Royal

Robbie Savage
Danny Murphy
etc., etc

David Platt
Rob Jones

Savage and Platt were Man United graduates who signed for Crewe as senior players, likewise Lennon for Man City. Like calling Yakou Meite a Reading academy player.

South Coast Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by South Coast Royal » 18 Aug 2020 11:04

SCIAG
Sutekh
South Coast Royal
Robbie Savage
Danny Murphy
etc., etc

David Platt
Rob Jones

Savage and Platt were Man United graduates who signed for Crewe as senior players, likewise Lennon for Man City. Like calling Yakou Meite a Reading academy player.

Savage was 17 years old.
The overall point surely is that Crewe has a reputation for bringing on young players of their own or doing the same with cast-offs from top clubs.
You expect any Crewe player to be able to control and to pass a ball, something that doesn't always apply at every club.

1016 posts