The next 5 games - a key point in our season

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

Re: The next 5 games - a key point in our season

by windermereROYAL » 03 Jul 2020 00:23

SouthDownsRoyal
windermereROYAL With the last relegation spot sitting on 43 points with 6 to play I would say teams need more than 50 to stay up this season.

100pc. God knows how it will end but I’d suspect 53+ish to stay up, of course that is based on the teams below keeping up their good recent form, which they may not.

Also I have no idea who has to play who, if those below us have games against each other then clearly that means points needed may be lower.

Charlton 46pts Millwall H . Brentford A. Reading H. Birmingham A. Wigan H Leeds A

Hull city 45pts. WBA A. Bristol city A. Millwall H. Wigan A Luton H Cardiff A

Huddersfield 45pts Preston H. Reading A. Luton H Sheffield wednesday A. WBA H. Millwall A.

Middlesbrough 44pts. QPR H. Millwall A. Bristol city H. Reading A. Cardiff H. Sheffield wednesday A.

Stoke city 43pts Barnsley H Leeds A. Birmingham H. Bristol city A. Brentford H. Nottm forest A.

Barnsley 41 pts. Stoke A Luton A Wigan H Leeds A. Nottm forest H. Brentford H.

Luton 40pts. Reading H. Barnsley H Huddersfield A QPR H Hull A Blackburn H.

Wigan 38pts (pending points deduction) Brentford A QPR H Barnsley A Hull H Charlton A Fulham H.

SouthDownsRoyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SouthDownsRoyal » 03 Jul 2020 08:12

windermereROYAL
SouthDownsRoyal
windermereROYAL With the last relegation spot sitting on 43 points with 6 to play I would say teams need more than 50 to stay up this season.

100pc. God knows how it will end but I’d suspect 53+ish to stay up, of course that is based on the teams below keeping up their good recent form, which they may not.

Also I have no idea who has to play who, if those below us have games against each other then clearly that means points needed may be lower.

Charlton 46pts Millwall H . Brentford A. Reading H. Birmingham A. Wigan H Leeds A

Huddersfield 45pts Preston H. Reading A. Luton H Sheffield wednesday A. WBA H. Millwall A.

Middlesbrough 44pts. QPR H. Millwall A. Bristol city H. Reading A. Cardiff H. Sheffield wednesday A.

Stoke city 43pts Barnsley H Leeds A. Birmingham H. Bristol city A. Brentford H. Nottm forest A.

Wigan 38pts (pending points deduction) Brentford A QPR H Barnsley A Hull H Charlton A Fulham H.

Thank you. Most at the bottom have pretty difficult run ins which is good but also means less chance of taking points off each other

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 03 Jul 2020 09:15

SouthDownsRoyal
windermereROYAL
SouthDownsRoyal

Thank you. Most at the bottom have pretty difficult run ins which is good but also means less chance of taking points off each other

I would be concerned if I was a Stoke city fan.

Westwood52
Hob Nob Regular

by Westwood52 » 03 Jul 2020 09:37

Have Berkshire Live taken down their season predictor,if so why.Went through it a few weeks ago and we came in at 14th,which is respectable.Since the re start we have fallen off a cliff,and 14th looks very unlikely now.

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 03 Jul 2020 09:42

Westwood52 Have Berkshire Live taken down their season predictor,if so why.Went through it a few weeks ago and we came in at 14th,which is respectable.Since the re start we have fallen off a cliff,and 14th looks very unlikely now.

Respectfully, Derby and Brentford are good teams, we only lost to Derby due to a disastrous few minutes in an otherwise even contest that we probably shaded, Brentford was a disaster all-round but they are 3rd for a reason.

In my eyes, the worst result was ironically the only one we didn't lose, poor marking at the end costing us what should have been 3pts. Now if we balls it up against Luton tomorrow I might start to worry.

Wycombe Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by Wycombe Royal » 03 Jul 2020 09:42

The Stoke run-in does not look good....but many of the teams down the bottom have to play each other. Wouldn't like to predict what will happen and it is all bunching up at the moment.....

I also don't think Wigan will get a points deduction. There is too much controversy over this administration and whether it is was actually needed or not...

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 03 Jul 2020 09:49

Wycombe Royal
I also don't think Wigan will get a points deduction. There is too much controversy over this administration and whether it is was actually needed or not...

Well if that is the case then a decision needs to be taken within the next week because teams down the bottom are basing their survival fight around it.

Wycombe Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by Wycombe Royal » 03 Jul 2020 10:07

windermereROYAL
Wycombe Royal

Well if that is the case then a decision needs to be taken within the next week because teams down the bottom are basing their survival fight around it.

Absolute rubbish, teams should be going out to win as many points as possible and not be relying on other teams getting deductions. If they are basing their survival fight around this then that is their problem.

SouthDownsRoyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SouthDownsRoyal » 03 Jul 2020 10:38

windermereROYAL
Wycombe Royal

Can’t imagine any team has a different strategy on surviving relegation based upon a potential points deduction for another team?

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 03 Jul 2020 10:38

Wycombe Royal The Stoke run-in does not look good....but many of the teams down the bottom have to play each other. Wouldn't like to predict what will happen and it is all bunching up at the moment.....

They are in admin though are they not?

Wycombe Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by Wycombe Royal » 03 Jul 2020 10:49

Stranded
Wycombe Royal The Stoke run-in does not look good....but many of the teams down the bottom have to play each other. Wouldn't like to predict what will happen and it is all bunching up at the moment.....

Yes they are, but an investigation will be held into why they were placed in administration when they had no immediate financial problems. Even the administrators are confused as to why this has occurred and they have said that Wigan is a well run football club.

SouthDownsRoyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SouthDownsRoyal » 03 Jul 2020 12:48

Wycombe Royal
Stranded

Yes they are, but an investigation will be held into why they were placed in administration when they had no immediate financial problems. Even the administrators are confused as to why this has occurred and they have said that Wigan is a well run football club.

When you read into what’s gone on at Wigan it’s really quite amazing/sad

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 03 Jul 2020 13:44

Wycombe Royal
Stranded

Ok but unless a criminal investigation shows foul play then the points must be deducted by EFL rules. If not and they finish within 12 points of the drop there will be court cases.

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 03 Jul 2020 13:50

Stranded
Wycombe Royal
Stranded

Ok but unless a criminal investigation shows foul play then the points must be deducted by EFL rules. If not and they finish within 12 points of the drop there will be court cases.

Interesting Scenario if that happens, because a fraud case and trial would take a LONG time
and in the interim the EFL would have no option other than to relegate Wigan

The 12-Point thing is wrong anyway. It should be automatic relegation
if the club ends up outside the bottom three. If they would have been
relegated, they should start with at least a 12-Point deficit

Mid Sussex Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Mid Sussex Royal » 03 Jul 2020 14:00

windermereROYAL
SouthDownsRoyal
windermereROYAL

I would be concerned if I was a Stoke city fan.

Yep - if Stoke don't win tomorrow they're gone

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 11 Jul 2020 17:46

Snowflake Royal As always, I'd really like to finish the season on a decent run to take some confidence and excitement into preseason rather than just another tired whimper of an exhalation, relieved that another shit season is over.

We can pick up a good 9 or 10 points from those remaining fixtures.

Well that's 7 out of 9 from three so far. Well on track.