Back from I Follow Luton

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Back from I Follow Luton

by NewCorkSeth » 05 Jul 2020 09:35

Just want to pop in an day I'm really happy for Meite. Good for him.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 05 Jul 2020 09:55

Love that in the post match interview Bowen is talking about how Meite's asking to be No 9 and Bowen tells him he'll get just as many chances coming in off the right... he then scores 4 goals. Bowen, "I think I've won that one for a while."

:lol:

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 05 Jul 2020 10:00

From Despair To Where? On thing I would say about Moore is he is no longer absolutely crucial to how we play. If Moore (or Swift for that matter) leaving meant that we were in with a shout of signing Pele, I'd see that as a fair trade.

Can't disagree with that statement.

Notts Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Notts Royal » 05 Jul 2020 10:10

WestYorksRoyal
Stranded No problem with Moore but feels like the right time for player and club to move on whilst we can still probably command a decent fee for him.

He seems to be getting stale here and his career needs a new push and we need to freshen up the defence. Next season is Morrison and McIntyre to start for me with an emphasis on the latter being who we build our defence around and look at how to replace Morrison when his deal ends next summer.

Let's not also forget that Moore is basically on PL wages after the Brighton bid; it would make good sense financially if we could get a fee with him.

I tend to agree with the overall sentiment, but he's been a great servant for the club over the past 4 years. He engages with the fans, is a good role model and captain and he cares for the club. I'm pretty sure we'd have gone down without him in 17/18.

Not to say you're wrong, but I'd be a bit sad to see him go.

Yea I completely agree. It’s more sad than anything as he’s a great role model and cares deeply for the club, as his podcast interviews shows. But moving on could be best for both parties. And I’m excited about another academy prospect coming through. Richards has excited this season.

It shows there is an issue with the recruitment of the senior players (we knew that anyway) when our more consistent performers have come from the academy...Rino, Richards, Olise, McIntyre (in his few games).

It reminds me a bit of when Pearce, Jem & Siggy broke through. Let’s hope we build our future on these guys instead of signings loads of players on inflated wages. Any involvement in Kia J though and we’re in trouble again!

Vision
Hob Nob Addict

by Vision » 05 Jul 2020 11:06

Snowflake Royal Love that in the post match interview Bowen is talking about how Meite's asking to be No 9 and Bowen tells him he'll get just as many chances coming in off the right... he then scores 4 goals. Bowen, "I think I've won that one for a while."

I think the significant thing was how much closer Meite and Puscas played to each other in general. Puscas didn't seem to be as isolated as he usually does when nominally playing as the lone striker.

Vision
Hob Nob Addict

by Vision » 05 Jul 2020 11:13

Zip
3points Enjoyed that and glad I paid my £10, though it was touch and go whether I did or not. Plenty t be positive about, while Luton looked poor. As said before pleased for MacIntyre and Osho. Osho looked like he was unfamiliar as a right back, but grew into the game. Lots of potential. Interesting that Bowen even considered playing him there. Must surely be looking at whether he can provide a low cost option as back up right back (and possibly 4th or 5th choice centre back).

The midfield looked more balanced too, as noted. Shows me that Rinomhota has to be allowed a more free role, going box to box, rather than be pigeoned holed into a holding midfielder role. He’s got a bit of Danny Williams in him. We’ll definitely need a replacement for Pele assuming he goes back to his parent club.

Ejaria had his best game since the restart of the season too. Still not sure we need to take the option to buy though with Olise coming through strongly.

Nothing more to be said about Yaks. Pleased for him.

Rinomhota can have that freedom if Pele is playing.

I've not seen it mentioned anywhere but one of the things that stood out to me was that clearly Rinomhota was given a man to man job to do on Izzy Brown. He followed him all over the pitch when Luton has possession yet still found time to contribute when we had the ball.

Brown was removed at half time so great job Rinomhota and Bowen

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 05 Jul 2020 11:14

Vision
Snowflake Royal Love that in the post match interview Bowen is talking about how Meite's asking to be No 9 and Bowen tells him he'll get just as many chances coming in off the right... he then scores 4 goals. Bowen, "I think I've won that one for a while."

I think the significant thing was how much closer Meite and Puscas played to each other in general. Puscas didn't seem to be as isolated as he usually does when nominally playing as the lone striker.

Said on another thread they have a much better chemistry. They are team-mates now and not rivals.
Working together they are a handful.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 05 Jul 2020 11:15

Vision
Zip
3points Enjoyed that and glad I paid my £10, though it was touch and go whether I did or not. Plenty t be positive about, while Luton looked poor. As said before pleased for MacIntyre and Osho. Osho looked like he was unfamiliar as a right back, but grew into the game. Lots of potential. Interesting that Bowen even considered playing him there. Must surely be looking at whether he can provide a low cost option as back up right back (and possibly 4th or 5th choice centre back).

The midfield looked more balanced too, as noted. Shows me that Rinomhota has to be allowed a more free role, going box to box, rather than be pigeoned holed into a holding midfielder role. He’s got a bit of Danny Williams in him. We’ll definitely need a replacement for Pele assuming he goes back to his parent club.

Ejaria had his best game since the restart of the season too. Still not sure we need to take the option to buy though with Olise coming through strongly.

I've not seen it mentioned anywhere but one of the things that stood out to me was that clearly Rinomhota was given a man to man job to do on Izzy Brown. He followed him all over the pitch when Luton has possession yet still found time to contribute when we had the ball.

Good spot vision, thanks for highlighting it.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 05 Jul 2020 11:16

Vision
Zip

I thought he was great yesterday. Covered a huge amount of ground. I also consider in Tim McIntyre we have a future captain of our club. He strikes me as a young man really enjoying being part of the first team squad and has a great commitment.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 05 Jul 2020 11:19

Notts Royal
WestYorksRoyal
Stranded No problem with Moore but feels like the right time for player and club to move on whilst we can still probably command a decent fee for him.

He seems to be getting stale here and his career needs a new push and we need to freshen up the defence. Next season is Morrison and McIntyre to start for me with an emphasis on the latter being who we build our defence around and look at how to replace Morrison when his deal ends next summer.

Let's not also forget that Moore is basically on PL wages after the Brighton bid; it would make good sense financially if we could get a fee with him.

I tend to agree with the overall sentiment, but he's been a great servant for the club over the past 4 years. He engages with the fans, is a good role model and captain and he cares for the club. I'm pretty sure we'd have gone down without him in 17/18.

Not to say you're wrong, but I'd be a bit sad to see him go.

Yea I completely agree. It’s more sad than anything as he’s a great role model and cares deeply for the club, as his podcast interviews shows. But moving on could be best for both parties. And I’m excited about another academy prospect coming through. Richards has excited this season.

It shows there is an issue with the recruitment of the senior players (we knew that anyway) when our more consistent performers have come from the academy...Rino, Richards, Olise, McIntyre (in his few games).

It reminds me a bit of when Pearce, Jem & Siggy broke through. Let’s hope we build our future on these guys instead of signings loads of players on inflated wages. Any involvement in Kia J though and we’re in trouble again!

Moore has been one of a small number of excellent signings over the past decade. He is though on very high wages. If we were to sell one of our more valuable players he would be my preferred choice.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 05 Jul 2020 11:21

Zip
Vision
Zip

I thought he was great yesterday. Covered a huge amount of ground. I also consider in Tim McIntyre we have a future captain of our club. He strikes me as a young man really enjoying being part of the first team squad and has a great commitment.

The club are obviously working on McIntyre as captain - seems to feature in many more interviews and features than you would expect for a lad with a handful of games. He’s ideal, plays in the right position, local lad, genuine fan, looks like a nailed down starting place for a long time.
I reckon he will get a full cap in the next 12 months as well.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 05 Jul 2020 11:58

Nameless
Zip
Vision

The club are obviously working on McIntyre as captain - seems to feature in many more interviews and features than you would expect for a lad with a handful of games. He’s ideal, plays in the right position, local lad, genuine fan, looks like a nailed down starting place for a long time.

He strikes me as a bright lad. Really looking forward to seeing him develop. With him, Rino, Olise and Richards we have four young guns that have a very bright future. I hope we give Southwood the chance to become our number two as well. Holsgrove and Nevers the next two to come through?

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 05 Jul 2020 12:03

Zip
Nameless
Zip

He strikes me as a bright lad. Really looking forward to seeing him develop. With him, Rino, Olise and Richards we have four young guns that have a very bright future. I hope we give Southwood the chance to become our number two as well. Holsgrove and Nevers the next two to come through?

CBC, CBC, CBC!

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 05 Jul 2020 12:06

NewCorkSeth
Zip
Nameless

CBC, CBC, CBC!

Few years for him yet I'd say. Just in time to take over after we sell Southwood to a PL team for millions at the end of 22/23

Was it Dim and Mick saying McIntyre sits in the stands when he's not in the squad?
Last edited by Snowflake Royal on 05 Jul 2020 12:07, edited 1 time in total.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 05 Jul 2020 12:07

Snowflake Royal
NewCorkSeth
Zip

CBC, CBC, CBC!

Few years for him yet I'd say. Just in time to take over after we sell Southwood to a PL team for millions at the end of 22/23

fingers crossed!

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 05 Jul 2020 12:11

NewCorkSeth
Zip
Nameless

CBC, CBC, CBC!

Oh yeah. Very high hopes there and he has just signed a new deal but he’s still very young.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 05 Jul 2020 12:13

Zip
NewCorkSeth
Zip

CBC, CBC, CBC!

Oh yeah. Very high hopes there and he has just signed a new deal but he’s still very young.

but to be genuine, it would be nice to see Nevers come through next season. You never(pun) know when someone is going to be ready and maybe he's a bit young but its certainly a useful position for us right now.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 05 Jul 2020 15:11

Zip
Vision
Zip

Tom

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 05 Jul 2020 15:23

Sutekh
Zip
Vision

Tom

Not sure why I typed Tim!

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 05 Jul 2020 16:14

Snowflake Royal
NewCorkSeth
Zip

CBC, CBC, CBC!

Was it Dim and Mick saying McIntyre sits in the stands when he's not in the squad?

All the non playing squad members tend to sit in the stands, not sure it’s anything unusual.
McIntyre certainly has been known to travel to away games when not playing and just sit in the away end, which I would suspect is less common.