MATCHWATCH : Huddersfield Town (h) sponsored by Craig Maskell

184 posts
karbota
Hob Nob Regular

Re: MATCHWATCH : Huddersfield Town (h) sponsored by Craig Maskell

by karbota » 07 Jul 2020 20:11

Omg, Puskas fails again, major clearout needed, lets stick with more proven home grown players.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 07 Jul 2020 20:14

karbota Omg, Puskas fails again, major clearout needed, lets stick with more proven home grown players.

Osho and Olise have done well don't you agree karboot?

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 07 Jul 2020 20:16

Awful game. Swift not at his best but head and shoulders above the rest in creativity. We don’t have any decent wingers.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 07 Jul 2020 20:17

I don't think the owners should back up the manager if he starts wanting to look at young boys, Ady.

Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Regular

by Royal_jimmy » 07 Jul 2020 20:21

Ascotexgunner
windermereROYAL I`ve had more pleasurable headaches than that, now 4 dead rubbers and we can put this season to bed.

I get the feeling, judging by the tactics in the last few games, that we may see a lot more of this next season.....and Luton won't be in the Championship.

Completely agree, home form needs to be a priority issue and I can't see anything to suggest Bowen will change that.

Might sound unfair as he's done an ok job, especially with our away form but I'd give him the chop if we a decent manager can come in and we have the finances to do so. Our home form has been unacceptable this year and if it doesn't improve next season we could well go down next year in my view.

He's not tried addressing it positively by changing things up. Sticks with tactics which are great for an away team but not when we need to try break teams down.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 07 Jul 2020 20:25

Royal_jimmy
Ascotexgunner
windermereROYAL I`ve had more pleasurable headaches than that, now 4 dead rubbers and we can put this season to bed.

I get the feeling, judging by the tactics in the last few games, that we may see a lot more of this next season.....and Luton won't be in the Championship.

Completely agree, home form needs to be a priority issue and I can't see anything to suggest Bowen will change that.

Might sound unfair as he's done an ok job, especially with our away form but I'd give him the chop if we a decent manager can come in and we have the finances to do so. Our home form has been unacceptable this year and if it doesn't improve next season we could well go down next year in my view.

So yet another change of manager. Whose to say the next guy will be up to it? We have to give Bowen a chance. He’s done ok and certainly better than Stam second season, Clement and Gomes who all struggled to achieve more than a point per game. We are probably top half of the table since Bowen has been in charge although admittedly it’s not been great since he signed his contract.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 07 Jul 2020 20:26

Love the BBC Radio Berks post match interviews....

Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Regular

by Royal_jimmy » 07 Jul 2020 20:28

Zip
Royal_jimmy
Ascotexgunner
admittedly it’s not been great since he signed his contract.

Exactly!

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

by SCIAG » 07 Jul 2020 20:30

Zip Awful game. Swift not at his best but head and shoulders above the rest in creativity. We don’t have any decent wingers.

In our last match one of our wingers scored four goals.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 07 Jul 2020 20:39

SCIAG
Zip Awful game. Swift not at his best but head and shoulders above the rest in creativity. We don’t have any decent wingers.

I like Yaks but he isn’t going to create goals. We don’t have a winger who has the pace to get to the byline and cut it back. Yak’s goals were also not scored from being out on the wing.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 07 Jul 2020 20:47

Objectively he has done a very solid job. We were well in the way to relegation with Gomes and likely all sorts of financial meltdown

He has come in with a huge bloated squad, made no signings of his own and made us comfortably safe and in a position where we aren’t relying on high earners into next season

Saying we had a decent squad doesn’t really cut it either. So have Stoke, Huddersfield and Boro on paper and they could all still go

I can forgive a couple of horrendously dull performances this season tbh. He 100% deserves a good shot at it next season

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 07 Jul 2020 20:55

Hound Objectively he has done a very solid job. We were well in the way to relegation with Gomes and likely all sorts of financial meltdown

He has come in with a huge bloated squad, made no signings of his own and made us comfortably safe and in a position where we aren’t relying on high earners into next season

Saying we had a decent squad doesn’t really cut it either. So have Stoke, Huddersfield and Boro on paper and they could all still go

I can forgive a couple of horrendously dull performances this season tbh. He 100% deserves a good shot at it next season

Yeah agree, would give him til Christmas and then assess.

I'd like to see us playing moderately exciting football with some young former academy players in our matchday squads, not a big ask. Will happily settle for upper midtable so long as we are building an identity and playing attractive football.

Ascotexgunner
Hob Nob Addict

by Ascotexgunner » 07 Jul 2020 21:37

Old Man Andrews
Hound Objectively he has done a very solid job. We were well in the way to relegation with Gomes and likely all sorts of financial meltdown

Yeah agree, would give him til Christmas and then assess.

I'd like to see us playing moderately exciting football with some young former academy players in our matchday squads, not a big ask. Will happily settle for upper midtable so long as we are building an identity and playing attractive football.

I'd like to think he now knows who he wants to get rid of and who's going to stay.
He has free hits now til the end of the season.....it would be nice to see a change in tactics and him playing those that will be here, or youngsters he thinks are good enough to break into the team. I would rather we lose and have looked good and created chances than watching more of the dirge we witnessed this evening.

If we see more of this he won't last til Christmas.
Last edited by Ascotexgunner on 07 Jul 2020 21:38, edited 1 time in total.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 07 Jul 2020 21:38

SCIAG

A player asked to play wide scored four goals. Oh for a Jimmy Kebe.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 07 Jul 2020 21:39

As Technical Director he had no input in all the signings made during his time in that position? :shock:

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 07 Jul 2020 23:39

Zip
Royal_jimmy
Ascotexgunner

So yet another change of manager. Whose to say the next guy will be up to it? We have to give Bowen a chance. He’s done ok and certainly better than Stam second season, Clement and Gomes who all struggled to achieve more than a point per game. We are probably top half of the table since Bowen has been in charge although admittedly it’s not been great since he signed his contract.

It's not like home form being shit is new to Bowen either. It was oxf*rd terrible under Gomes, Clement and Stam season 2, plus Clarke, Adkins and PL McDermott.

Bowen hasn't even had a summer transfer window as manager yet, and anyone we have will still need to deal with the same unbalanced squad and the same transfer restrictions.

Changing manager every 9 - 24 months does not work.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 07 Jul 2020 23:42

Notts Royal Twitter bed-wetters at it again. It would save them all a lot of stress if they didn’t get so excited when we win, and so dramatic when we lose. Ah I’m getting old!

Interested to know why we are giving game time to Blackett when he’s leaving? He’s been decent for us when he’s played but if he’s not staying, what’s the point?

I think the idea of Blackett playing against Luton was just to secure that extra win, and neither Obita or Richards had really cemented that spot themselves. And then today you’re not exactly going to drop him after scoring 5 goals, of which he was involved in two. Not sure he should be playing again though, although he is part of two clean sheets

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 07 Jul 2020 23:44

RoyalBlue

As Technical Director he had no input in all the signings made during his time in that position? :shock:

That's not what Hound said is it.

And we don't know what his role was as Technical Director really do we. Could have been get deals through that Gomes wanted. Or the owners wanted. Not necessarily what he thought was needed.

He wasn't in charge of the squad and from pre-season Gomes asked him to stay away from the training ground effectively... so he can't have directed transfer policy if he couldn't see what we needed.

Totally different roles and responsibilities.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 07 Jul 2020 23:57

I think the problem is that it’s a lot more than a couple of games. Can think of around 10 flat stale performances since he’s joined which isn’t good enough

Especially with the pressure off, we should be looking to take the initiative, go two up top etc. We spent most the second half with Meite up top, Olise out wide right and Obita out wide left. Can’t think of a more toothless trio, not a single one of them playing in their strongest position

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 08 Jul 2020 06:13

Anyone wanting Bowen out for not yet improving home form when it is clearly a long term deep rooted mental issue at the club is a bit foolish esp. given that in his 31 games he has turned us from a team heading for a relegation battle at best to one challenging the top half.

If nothing has changed by the end of next season then it may be worth a conversation but not yet.

184 posts