MATCHWATCH : Charlton Athletic (a) sponsored by Deniss Rakels

211 posts
Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

Re: MATCHWATCH : Charlton Athletic (a) sponsored by Deniss Rakels

by Snowball » 11 Jul 2020 16:41

Zip
Stranded
Zip If the League table was based on home performances alone we would be third from bottom.If based on away games only we would be sixth.

So being 13th is about right then.

Yes and it seems about right.

13th including the Gomes management, but much better since

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 11 Jul 2020 16:42

Snowball
Zip
Stranded

I know Snowball you donut.

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 11 Jul 2020 17:07

Zip
Snowball
Zip

I know Snowball you donut.

I does

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 11 Jul 2020 17:25

Snowball
Zip
Stranded

Well yes, that is why we are 13th and also why we have Bowen in charge, so cannot be discounted.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 11 Jul 2020 17:39

Hound
Snowflake Royal
Zip
Said the very same thing on the back from the game thread. His positioning was excellent when he came on.

If he was paid £10k - £15k a week less, then yeah, but I don't think 1 backs to the wall performance for 20 odd minutes makes him a midfielder. We had none of the ball and he's looked extremely limited there previously.

So it's a no from me.

I think he’s only ever played there one other time (Bristol away) and was apparently good then as well

Don't think that's how I saw it at the time.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 11 Jul 2020 17:41

Zip
Snowflake Royal
Zip
Said the very same thing on the back from the game thread. His positioning was excellent when he came on.

If he was paid £10k - £15k a week less, then yeah, but I don't think 1 backs to the wall performance for 20 odd minutes makes him a midfielder. We had none of the ball and he's looked extremely limited there previously.

So it's a no from me.

It’s on the basis of if we can’t sell him and Pele doesn’t return. In that scenario he is worth a shout at CDM as McIntyre deserves a run at centre back.

I think you know my view on players out of position. :x :P

He can sit on the bench and we can play an actual midfielder.

Notts Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Notts Royal » 13 Jul 2020 08:40

Snowball
Notts Royal Well Bowen nearly threw that away but fair play to the 30 defenders for keeping them at bay...and a serious lack of quality from the opposition.

Impressive first 30 min...what happened after that?!

We won.

We did win...I was just trying to work out what happened for the rest of the game. Appreciate games ebb & flow, and also I understand bringing Moore & Gunter on right towards the end. What I didn’t understand was the halftime sub bringing Obita on for Pele and going defensive too early on in the game. It completely messed up the balance we had in midfield - we bossed it with Rino & Swift in the 1st half. All it needed was a reset at the break.

I’m not a Bowen Out fan. I think he’s done a great job overall. I was just questioning the decision

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 13 Jul 2020 08:46

Notts Royal
Snowball
Notts Royal Well Bowen nearly threw that away but fair play to the 30 defenders for keeping them at bay...and a serious lack of quality from the opposition.

Impressive first 30 min...what happened after that?!

We won.

We did win...I was just trying to work out what happened for the rest of the game. Appreciate games ebb & flow, and also I understand bringing Moore & Gunter on right towards the end. What I didn’t understand was the halftime sub bringing Obita on for Pele and going defensive too early on in the game. It completely messed up the balance we had in midfield - we bossed it with Rino & Swift in the 1st half. All it needed was a reset at the break.

I’m not a Bowen Out fan. I think he’s done a great job overall. I was just questioning the decision

Dunno (I think Pele is one of our most important players).

Maybe he had a knock, maybe Bowen knows he has to let pele go and is trying things out.

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

by SCIAG » 13 Jul 2020 09:32

Bringing Obita on for Pele was arguably an attacking move. It was Richards coming on for Olise that was the big signal of a switch in our intent.

Notts Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Notts Royal » 13 Jul 2020 10:14

SCIAG Bringing Obita on for Pele was arguably an attacking move. It was Richards coming on for Olise that was the big signal of a switch in our intent.

I agree in the sense that Obita is a more attacking player than Pele. But it meant Rino had to sit & Swift got deeper, nullifying the effect of the substitution.

Agree regarding Richards on for Olise. Richards is clearly a LB and should stay there ideally

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 13 Jul 2020 10:19

Notts Royal
SCIAG Bringing Obita on for Pele was arguably an attacking move. It was Richards coming on for Olise that was the big signal of a switch in our intent.

I agree in the sense that Obita is a more attacking player than Pele. But it meant Rino had to sit & Swift got deeper, nullifying the effect of the substitution.

Agree regarding Richards on for Olise. Richards is clearly a LB and should stay there ideally

Looked pretty good when he's played LM.

211 posts