BFI Follow Huddersfield

131 posts
Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: BFI Follow Huddersfield

by Millsy » 08 Jul 2020 09:01

Snowflake Royal Have to say, I've been a critic of Ejaria's but my God we look devoid of creativity and ideas without him. He doesn't deliver many goals, but we create more and are more interesting to watch with him in.

Yeah, cool. To be fair though you are right in that a lot of the stuff he does, doesn't actually result in goals. It's a tough one, but yeah someone like him, even if 9/10 his trickery leads to nothing it much makes the game more fun as he can make something out of nothing, and at worst ties down half the opposition to keeping an eye on him.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 08 Jul 2020 09:11

Was pretty boring. Pele looked good but then got a bit scrappy in yhe second half. McIntyre was my MOTM. Looked completely ready to start 46 games next season.

Zammo
Hob Nob Addict

by Zammo » 08 Jul 2020 09:26

Thought Huddersfield made it hard for us to build any form of constant attack. They though, never looked like scoring either. If only we had some electric pace in the team to stretch a game the longer it goes on.

Seems that the Cowley Bros were very vocal throughout and a handful of referee decisions seem to be influenced by them.

Westwood52
Hob Nob Regular

by Westwood52 » 08 Jul 2020 09:35

traff "Dim Teller excruciating commentary"
I think you are being too kind. Has only one agenda which is his own inane opinion.
Was cautioned several times last night for my language and 90% aimed at him.

With the odd exception I have never previously listened to Dim commenting on a televised match.He is with I Follow being found out big time.To be kind is it because he is giving a radio commentary?Dont know really but it is bad.He is prattling on about hedgehogs (last night ) or his morning runs,when key moments in the game are enfolding in front of him.Very strange.I have always been very happy with Mick on the radio,but even some of his commentary is out of place ,when watching the game on I Follow.Pre the restart ,do they use the radio commentary on I Follow?

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 08 Jul 2020 09:45

I believe they've always used the Dim commentary on iFollow. When I've listened to BBCRB games in the past it's just sounded like he doesn't really know what he's talking about, when you can see the action with your own eyes it just proves that point. And as for his insistence on not calling Pele Pele, well that's just pathetic

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 08 Jul 2020 09:48

Nice to see more people finally seeing what an absolute shambles he is.

Hopefully this period will be the end of his job commentating on us.

Zammo
Hob Nob Addict

by Zammo » 08 Jul 2020 09:55

He's a top man, and I won't have a bad word said about him.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 08 Jul 2020 09:58

The first seaaon of Ifollow you could not listen to commentary and watch at the same time. Ever since the second season of Ifollow that has been an option. One of my biggest takeaways is the disservice radio listeners are being done.

Tim frequently say "player X couldn't get on the end of it" which is too open to interpretation. He says it when a pass goes behind a player, he says it when and opposition defender does a good job blocking the player, he says it too often basically and, to me, it has a negative insinuation to the player who didnt get on the end of it even when it isnt their fault.

The talking about sparrow hawks or whatever when we are about to take a corner is fairly normal from him.

SpaghettiHoop

by SpaghettiHoop » 08 Jul 2020 10:03

Zammo He's a top man, and I won't have a bad word said about him.

He is a Reading legend and a national treasure.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 08 Jul 2020 10:08

oxf*rd off Tim.

The word legend has now been devalued beyond all meaning.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 08 Jul 2020 10:15

He’s never been a proper football commentator in my eyes. He would be better off as a cricket commentator. Gooding is average. Whilst Ady Williams name dropping and Partridge radio style presentation is irritating he does know his stuff and says stuff about the team that makes sense.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 08 Jul 2020 10:20

Zip He’s never been a proper football commentator in my eyes. He would be better off as a cricket commentator. Gooding is average. Whilst Ady Williams name dropping and Partridge radio style presentation is irritating he does know his stuff and says stuff about the team that makes sense.

Ady would be fine if he wasn't more interested in Newbury races and intent on shit stirring the whole time. A man who understand his gammon social media audience though.

Dellor just doesn't have a clue.

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 08 Jul 2020 10:23

Dellor

For anyone except Puscas the cross is too high or whatever. But in Puscas’’ case it’ always Puscas failed to Jump or Puscas could’ve done better (etc)

Problem with bias like that is it gets multiplied by the Twitterati and a player becomes a scapegoat

Dellor undermines players, makes their resale value less etc

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 08 Jul 2020 10:26

Snowball Dellor

For anyone except Puscas the cross is too high or whatever. But in Puscas’’ case it’ always Puscas failed to Jump or Puscas could’ve done better (etc)

Problem with bias like that is it gets multiplied by the Twitterati and a player becomes a scapegoat

Agreed. Jnr said exactly this in his commentary of Puscas last night.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 08 Jul 2020 10:27

Snowball Dellor

And certain players he likes can do no wrong. Good cross from Gunter there, but no one was on the end of it. Er... he overhit it by about 20 yards Dim.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 08 Jul 2020 10:31

Snowball Dellor

Yeah, mentioned his agenda against and for certain players in another thread. Radio listeners are listening to a completely different game.

I said player X above but 100% was thinking of Puscas. He can do no right in the eyes of Tim.

Last night a square pass from Obita? went behind Puscas and Tim said he couldn't get on the end of it. Later a cross from Obita that was well over his head ilicited "but Puscas didn't jump for it".

Tiresome.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 08 Jul 2020 10:35

NewCorkSeth
Snowball Dellor

Yeah, mentioned his agenda against and for certain players in another thread. Radio listeners are listening to a completely different game.

I said player X above but 100% was thinking of Puscas. He can do no right in the eyes of Tim.

Last night a square pass from Obita? went behind Puscas and Tim said he couldn't get on the end of it. Later a cross from Obita that was well over his head ilicited "but Puscas didn't jump for it".

Tiresome.

Yep, very noticeable and annoying.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 08 Jul 2020 10:35

Leave Britney, sorry Tim, alone.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 08 Jul 2020 10:41

My favourite bit last night was when he suggested he did 10k in 46 minutes yesterday morning without having a drink.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 08 Jul 2020 10:48

Old Man Andrews My favourite bit last night was when he suggested he did 10k in 46 minutes yesterday morning without having a drink.

yep. it was, until it quickly became my least favourite bit when he started wittering on for 10 mins about running to the Thames barrier after the Charlton game. Then i wanted to throw something at the screen

131 posts