BFI Follow Huddersfield

131 posts
muirinho
Hob Nob Regular

Re: BFI Follow Huddersfield

by muirinho » 08 Jul 2020 16:57

South Coast Royal As Andrew posted, you know that the game wasn't up to much when posters go on more about the I-follow commentary (or on other occasions the ref) than the match itself.
My mate Roger (rare poster called Tazewell Royal has always had a thing about scoring too many goals in one game and inevitably in the next we don't score any.

I am not sure whether there are any stats to back this view up but WE knew that last night Reading wouldn't score.
For that reason I am not too displeased that Virgin were doing work all day and night in our road which meant that I couldn't get the I-follow broadcast.

Was Ejaria injured?
I do hope that next season we start with Swift and Ejaria whenever possible-these two are really our only two creative players (Olise as yet doesn't offer enough but we hope he contributes more as he matures) and are a must if we want to make any impression on the higher reaches of this division.

Good to see Osho and McIntyre looking comfortable at this level even if the opposition for these two latest games hasn't been that great.

Was in a call today with a Huddersfield-supporting colleague. We nattered about the match while we waited for latecomers.
He actually enjoyed the game! What have their other games been like?
He also singled out Osho for praise, and was imperssed when I said he'd come through the academy.

Ejaria was injured. I know we are in an unusual situation regards the number of games in a short period of time, but one thing that worries me in terms of leaving a lot of experience go, is quite often older players are more robust. Whether that's because, when they get a knock in the game, they have a better understanding of what they can run off, and what they need to get assistance for, I don't know.
Of course you can go too far the other way as well, and have players right at the end of their career that are very fragile.

But I'd hope we can get a resonable mix of young players, players in their prime, and old hands, without breaking the bank too much. I wouldn't mind, say, McCleary, staying if he's happy to sign up for a year on much-reduced wages. You'd imagine he'd do better financially elsewhere though.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 08 Jul 2020 17:08

NewCorkSeth
Snowflake Royal I could be completely wrong on this, but I could swear his shirt used to say Pele.

Might look it up on some highlights, because I feel like I'm losing it.

For us? I thought he was told he couldn't?

I was losing it. Definitely Gomes.

10539.4 Miles Away
Hob Nob Regular

by 10539.4 Miles Away » 09 Jul 2020 09:54

Snowflake Royal Nice to see more people finally seeing what an absolute shambles he is.

Hopefully this period will be the end of his job commentating on us.

Literally the best thing to come out of the Covids, some other people now know what we have had to endure for so long.

And trust me, he can be a LOT worse than this.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 09 Jul 2020 11:32

10539.4 Miles Away
Snowflake Royal Nice to see more people finally seeing what an absolute shambles he is.

Hopefully this period will be the end of his job commentating on us.

Literally the best thing to come out of the Covids, some other people now know what we have had to endure for so long.

And trust me, he can be a LOT worse than this.

Oh I know.

I went through years of listening to him for most away games and some home games. Plus he's often the commentary on pirate streams.

On the precursor to iFollow I'd often switch to the Oppo commentary, it was usually a lot better, but the bias was difficult to take.

Westwood52
Hob Nob Regular

by Westwood52 » 09 Jul 2020 11:48

muirinho
South Coast Royal As Andrew posted, you know that the game wasn't up to much when posters go on more about the I-follow commentary (or on other occasions the ref) than the match itself.
My mate Roger (rare poster called Tazewell Royal has always had a thing about scoring too many goals in one game and inevitably in the next we don't score any.

I am not sure whether there are any stats to back this view up but WE knew that last night Reading wouldn't score.
For that reason I am not too displeased that Virgin were doing work all day and night in our road which meant that I couldn't get the I-follow broadcast.

Was Ejaria injured?
I do hope that next season we start with Swift and Ejaria whenever possible-these two are really our only two creative players (Olise as yet doesn't offer enough but we hope he contributes more as he matures) and are a must if we want to make any impression on the higher reaches of this division.

Good to see Osho and McIntyre looking comfortable at this level even if the opposition for these two latest games hasn't been that great.

Was in a call today with a Huddersfield-supporting colleague. We nattered about the match while we waited for latecomers.
He actually enjoyed the game! What have their other games been like?
He also singled out Osho for praise, and was imperssed when I said he'd come through the academy.

Ejaria was injured. I know we are in an unusual situation regards the number of games in a short period of time, but one thing that worries me in terms of leaving a lot of experience go, is quite often older players are more robust. Whether that's because, when they get a knock in the game, they have a better understanding of what they can run off, and what they need to get assistance for, I don't know.
Of course you can go too far the other way as well, and have players right at the end of their career that are very fragile.

But I'd hope we can get a resonable mix of young players, players in their prime, and old hands, without breaking the bank too much. I wouldn't mind, say, McCleary, staying if he's happy to sign up for a year on much-reduced wages. You'd imagine he'd do better financially elsewhere though.

Not sure he would do better financially elsewhere.This is the new reality.£5k a week might do the trick as he could be looking at dropping down a division.His form since the return has been patchy;albeit only as a sub.At his best however he still has a lot to offer.

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 09 Jul 2020 13:54

Just catching up on this thread - I will ignore the game and will focus on posters comments around Tim Dellor. FFS get a grip.

Changing his name to something else is so cringeworthy and pathetic. He is providing a radio commentary. Its that commentary which is sitting over the I-follow broadcast. He is not watching via I-follow as I understand it. His commentary is shaped to suit all types of the BBC Radio followers. Its clearly not suited for members of the HNA fraternity by the shambles of this thread. This seems to be following the bullying traits certain forum members aimed at Jonathon Low which again was just vile.

Sort yourselves out.

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 09 Jul 2020 14:02

paultheroyal Just catching up on this thread - I will ignore the game and will focus on posters comments around Tim Dellor. FFS get a grip.

Changing his name to something else is so cringeworthy and pathetic.

I know, if he wants to be called Pele then Dellor should do just that

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 09 Jul 2020 14:04

JLow is ok. He does what he can with a very limited budget.
Dellor is another matter. He constantly confuses players on the pitch which is unfathomable. It’s his job for which he is doubtless well paid.
He also holds a grudge against certain players....he even managed at dig at Vydra the other day.

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 09 Jul 2020 14:07

Zip JLow is ok. He does what he can with a very limited budget.
Dellor is another matter. He constantly confuses players on the pitch which is unfathomable. It’s his job for which he is doubtless well paid.
He also holds a grudge against certain players....he even managed at dig at Vydra the other day.

Grudge or having an opinion?

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 09 Jul 2020 14:10

paultheroyal

When he is criticising a player constantly, often for no reason, then it becomes a grudge.
I could accept that if he knew what he was doing but when he constantly mixes up players on the pitch then you have to question why he’s in the job. He watches these players week in and week out and still repeatedly calls it wrong.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 09 Jul 2020 14:13

Zip
paultheroyal

When he is criticising a player constantly, often for no reason, then it becomes a grudge.
I could accept that if he knew what he was doing but when he constantly mixes up players on the pitch then you have to question why he’s in the job. He watches these players week in and week out and still repeatedly calls it wrong.

For a while I thought it was race based, I have even posted about it here before, but the other day he got Swift and Morrison mixed up. Now, I am not saying I would do any better, I have terrible eyesight, but its not my job so...

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 09 Jul 2020 14:16

NewCorkSeth
Zip
paultheroyal

For a while I thought it was race based, I have even posted about it here before, but the other day he got Swift and Morrison mixed up. Now, I am not saying I would do any better, I have terrible eyesight, but its not my job so...

I think it was Gunter he confused with Rinomhota the other day. That takes some doing.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 09 Jul 2020 14:19

Zip
NewCorkSeth
Zip

I think it was Gunter he confused with Rinomhota the other day. That takes some doing.

They were wearing the same outfit so its understandable really.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 09 Jul 2020 16:54

NewCorkSeth
Zip
NewCorkSeth For a while I thought it was race based, I have even posted about it here before, but the other day he got Swift and Morrison mixed up. Now, I am not saying I would do any better, I have terrible eyesight, but its not my job so...

It's as impressive as calling out two different names for the same player without the ball changing possession as if a pass had been made.

He did that with Meite in the same game he mixed up Rino and Gunter.

He should probably get his own running and travel podcast just for the weirdos who like his bullshit, but there's no reason it should be during match commentary.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 09 Jul 2020 18:23

Snowflake Royal
NewCorkSeth
Zip

It's as impressive as calling out two different names for the same player without the ball changing possession as if a pass had been made.

He did that with Meite in the same game he mixed up Rino and Gunter.

He should probably get his own running and travel podcast just for the weirdos who like his bullshit, but there's no reason it should be during match commentary.

"Funruns, Fowls and Foreign travel with Dim Tellor"

10539.4 Miles Away
Hob Nob Regular

by 10539.4 Miles Away » 10 Jul 2020 04:17

paultheroyal Just catching up on this thread - I will ignore the game and will focus on posters comments around Tim Dellor. FFS get a grip.

Changing his name to something else is so cringeworthy and pathetic. He is providing a radio commentary. Its that commentary which is sitting over the I-follow broadcast. He is not watching via I-follow as I understand it. His commentary is shaped to suit all types of the BBC Radio followers. Its clearly not suited for members of the HNA fraternity by the shambles of this thread. This seems to be following the bullying traits certain forum members aimed at Jonathon Low which again was just vile.

Sort yourselves out.

Hold on a second....I pay 110 quid per year for the service, that's for an audio feed as well as video... I don't like the commentary, I think Dellor is unbalanced, unfair to certain players, frequently makes basic mistakes and this is detrimental not only to my enjoyment of the game but I would go so far as to say it is detrimental to getting seats on bums.

Don't you dare call me a bully for expressing an opinion.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 10 Jul 2020 06:15

10539.4 Miles Away

Sort yourselves out.

Hold on a second....I pay 110 quid per year for the service, that's for an audio feed as well as video... I don't like the commentary, I think Dellor is unbalanced, unfair to certain players, frequently makes basic mistakes and this is detrimental not only to my enjoyment of the game but I would go so far as to say it is detrimental to getting seats on bums.

Have to say much as I dislike his style, that is a personal taste issue, and others will indeed like him. He is a decent broadcaster when not live.

However, the issue here is the almost constant errors - not a new thing - and his framing of certain players as awful even when they are doing ok.

This would not be clear just on radio but on I follow is clear as day. Been times this season where on commentary he has said something like "Puscas has lost the ball again, he has to do better" but the pictures show a player that has won the ball, held it up and been dispossessed as he was surrounded by 3 or 4 players with no out ball.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 10 Jul 2020 08:28

Stranded
10539.4 Miles Away

Sort yourselves out.

Have to say much as I dislike his style, that is a personal taste issue, and others will indeed like him. He is a decent broadcaster when not live.

However, the issue here is the almost constant errors - not a new thing - and his framing of certain players as awful even when they are doing ok.

This would not be clear just on radio but on I follow is clear as day. Been times this season where on commentary he has said something like "Puscas has lost the ball again, he has to do better" but the pictures show a player that has won the ball, held it up and been dispossessed as he was surrounded by 3 or 4 players with no out ball.

Agreed with this. I have listened to away games in the past but now with the pictures it is clear that what he says just doesn’t add up with what’s going on.

The Puscas thing is weird, on Saturday he said “Puscas just didn’t jump for it” when referencing a cross which a good 5 feet above his head and he was never getting anywhere near it.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 10 Jul 2020 08:32

My theory as to why he dislikes Puscas is that Mick, sometimes fairly, criticised him early on for mistakes. Tim has taken that ball and run with it. He always agrees with Mick, which is funny as Mick often disagrees with Tim, and takes his word from 5 or 6 games ago as absolute truth.

Simmops
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Simmops » 10 Jul 2020 08:58

This thread is a oxf*rd Embaressment.

131 posts