MATCHWATCH : Middlesbrough (h) sponsored by Chris Rea

255 posts
Simmops
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: MATCHWATCH : Middlesbrough (h) sponsored by Chris Rea

by Simmops » 15 Jul 2020 06:36

Didn't even know we were playing today. Well yesterday. Jesus these games are All over the place I can't keep up.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 15 Jul 2020 07:37

Simmops Didn't even know we were playing today. Well yesterday. Jesus these games are All over the place I can't keep up.

There is this useful document called a fixture list that gives you the info on when we are playing. :wink:

Simmops
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Simmops » 15 Jul 2020 07:40

Stranded
Simmops Didn't even know we were playing today. Well yesterday. Jesus these games are All over the place I can't keep up.

There is this useful document called a fixture list that gives you the info on when we are playing. :wink:

Where do you find that?

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 15 Jul 2020 07:48

Haven’t we played the last 3 weeks at this time dd?

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 15 Jul 2020 07:51

URZZZZ
Zip We need to offload Baldock. He has been a piss poor signing and offers no threat at all.

No he hasn’t
He offers plenty of threat

He works well in a two man strike duo which was evident earlier in the season. He’s categorically not a lone striker however which Bowen can’t seem to understand and for some reason, he still doesn’t use two up front

We've had periods of 2 up front, most second halves in fact, in pretty much every game since restarting.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 15 Jul 2020 07:56

bcubed
Zip
windermereROYAL Home wins per season since relegation.
13/14: 8
14/15: 8
15/16: 8
16/17: 16 :shock:
17/18: 5
18/19: 8
19/20: 7 so far.

One word, pathetic.

It begs the question how on earth have we avoided relegation.

And also why would anyone buy a season ticket?!

Y'all know the only common denominator there is Chris Gunter right? Even McCleary has missed large swathes of some of those seasons. I rest my case.

paddy20
Hob Nob Regular

by paddy20 » 15 Jul 2020 09:05

URZZZZ
Snowflake Royal
URZZZZ And people are wondering why others are unsure of Bowen still :lol:

Sit back on a 1-0 lead once again and lose the lead again! And repeat. He’s steadied the ship but it’s dire viewing, and he isn’t improving it in terms of that aspect

Our home record has been dire for almost a decade.

Bowen's got us midtable from relegation places by building a strong defence and getting points away. Good managers always seem to start by building from the back.

People would be singing his praises to the rooftops if the home and away record was flipped.

If the home record is still terrible at the end of next season, think about changing over the summer, or maybe if we're back in relegation danger. But give the guy a chance to sort it out. The restart has been a complete wild card, we've been basically safe since before the lockdown and Bowen has a chance to do more squad building.

What is another manager going to do better with huge financial problems and half a summer?

Get behind the guy who is actually a success for a change.

Aye, I’m not disputing what he’s achieved so far but I don’t think he can take us further forward, happy for him to prove me wrong however

When he originally came in, it was all about steadying the ship, steering us away from safety and then trying to build something further. He’s achieved both one and two but I’m not convinced he can take it to another level

Obviously he’s inexperienced as a manager so it may be harsh but I don’t think he learns from mistakes. Constantly swapping Puscas and Baldock around to no avail, throwing leads away and not adding to existing leads etc indicates this

I expect and fully accept he deserves the chance to have a crack with his own squad next season because on the whole he deserves it. But on the other hand, I can see peoples’ frustrations because being honest, it has been a hard watch this season
Which, you could argue, was necessary for a while, but I’d have thought he’d have used these “dead rubber” games to try something different, not the old tried and tested

I think the most disappointing thing about last night was the lack of spirit. If it was just one or two of the players you could single them out but when its the whole team, bar Raphael who looked gutted at the end, then there is a real problem. There was no pressure last night but the team looked as thought there was no enjoyment in them. I'm sorry but the manager has to take the blame for that.
Ive watched Reading since 1962 and honestly can't think of such a time where you feel so ashamed of your side.

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

by SCIAG » 15 Jul 2020 09:17

windermereROYAL Home wins per season since relegation.
13/14: 8
14/15: 8
15/16: 8
16/17: 16 :shock:
17/18: 5
18/19: 8
19/20: 7 so far.

One word, pathetic.

Guess which of these years the fans moaned the most.

Simmops
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Simmops » 15 Jul 2020 09:40

Hound Haven’t we played the last 3 weeks at this time dd?

I have no idea. Even Saturday kick off times are changing. It's unfair for us autistics who have a routine.

10539.4 Miles Away
Hob Nob Regular

by 10539.4 Miles Away » 15 Jul 2020 09:56

Snowflake Royal
bcubed
Zip

Y'all know the only common denominator there is Chris Gunter right? Even McCleary has missed large swathes of some of those seasons. I rest my case.

Nonsense. The only ever-present for this turgid period is Dellor.

muirinho
Hob Nob Regular

by muirinho » 15 Jul 2020 10:29

Snowflake Royal
bcubed
Zip

If only he wasn't Welsh, Wales would have won the Euros in 2016. And probably two World cups.

SouthDownsRoyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SouthDownsRoyal » 16 Jul 2020 09:50

10539.4 Miles Away
Snowflake Royal
bcubed

Nonsense. The only ever-present for this turgid period is Dellor.

LOL

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 16 Jul 2020 09:54

To be fair, we've never won home matches in June and July. This has been a difficult period for as long as I remember.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 16 Jul 2020 09:55

Do think he and Ady contribute to the toxic atmosphere we've had on and off for years by giving so much air time to the crazies and being very critical for clicks etc.

SouthDownsRoyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SouthDownsRoyal » 18 Jul 2020 18:10

WestYorksRoyal To be fair, we've never won home matches in June and July. This has been a difficult period for as long as I remember.

True, we never do well in June and july

255 posts