Player of the Season

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

Re: Player of the Season

by Snowflake Royal » 16 Jul 2020 08:09

Morrison.

Swift's been poor since return, Cabral is good, but not great for me, Meite's good but can be hit and miss. Morrison's been excellent almost every week.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 16 Jul 2020 08:12

*Rafael

He hasn't needed to be great to be considered player of the season, thats the issue. It shows how little the others have done.

Gunny Fishcake
Hob Nob Regular

by Gunny Fishcake » 16 Jul 2020 09:57

Kingsley Royal

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 16 Jul 2020 10:21

Old Man Andrews
Pepe the Horseman
morganb Official POTS

https://www.readingfc.co.uk/news/2020/j ... n-2019-20/

Voting open til next Tuesday

I voted Charlie Adam because I got bored and couldn't be arsed to scroll down any further.

If out fanbase weren't so apathetic we would have organised ourselves to vote for someone like Adam or someone even lower down the pecking order. Lucas Boye for example.

Joao Virginia.

Simmops
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Simmops » 16 Jul 2020 10:26

Cabral for me for sure

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 16 Jul 2020 10:28

Voted for Rafael.

Morrison has been fantastic, but if we still had Viginia or Walker in goal, I think we might've been relegated or much closer to relegation, no matter how well Morrison played.

andrew1957
Hob Nob Regular

by andrew1957 » 16 Jul 2020 10:34

Toss up between Rafael and Morrison for me. I voted for the latter in the end as he has been very consistent all season.

Swift has been good at times but his form is variable.

Franconian Royal

by Franconian Royal » 16 Jul 2020 11:10

Zip
Franconian Royal Meite
Morrison / Cabral
Swift

All of these players have had a relatively good season.

The reasons have been mentioned already, but without Meite's goals I think we would have been in big trouble. Morrison and Cabral have been really consistent this season. And, as previously mentioned, Swift has matured a lot. One stand out of Swift's season was his last minute (half) volley against QPR (was it QPR) at home. What a cracking strike! Swift has been unlucky with some of his set pieces as well, but he's got better this season, would be a shame to see him go.

The Swift strike was at home v the Fakes on Boxing Day. He scored early in the second half. I think that’s the goal you are referring to.

Yes, that's what I meant.

Emmer Green Royal

by Emmer Green Royal » 16 Jul 2020 11:14

How did we get to page 3 without an Ian Royal vote? (Or did I miss it?)

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 16 Jul 2020 11:49

Hendo Voted for Rafael.

Morrison has been fantastic, but if we still had Viginia or Walker in goal, I think we might've been relegated or much closer to relegation, no matter how well Morrison played.

What about if Cabral played but but Odimayo had spent the season at CB instead of Morro?

:wink:

skipper
Hob Nob Regular

by skipper » 16 Jul 2020 11:52

Rafael
Morrison
Meite

Can't remember those 3 having a bad game. Meite hasn't always been incredible, but he's always given 100%. But as rare as it is, our goalie has been impervious and a real find. So glad we have bought him, rather than a loan. Shame Morrison is getting on a bit, how many seasons has he got left in him? On reflection, I'm really quite surprised Birmingham let him go.

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 16 Jul 2020 12:00

Pepe the Horseman
Old Man Andrews
Pepe the Horseman I voted Charlie Adam because I got bored and couldn't be arsed to scroll down any further.

If out fanbase weren't so apathetic we would have organised ourselves to vote for someone like Adam or someone even lower down the pecking order. Lucas Boye for example.

Joao Virginia.

that would actually be quite funny.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 16 Jul 2020 12:39

paultheroyal
Pepe the Horseman
Old Man Andrews If out fanbase weren't so apathetic we would have organised ourselves to vote for someone like Adam or someone even lower down the pecking order. Lucas Boye for example.

Joao Virginia.

that would actually be quite funny.

His failure set in motion a series of events that led to us comfortably avoiding relegation. I think he's a strong candidate.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 16 Jul 2020 12:59

Has to be one of the most obviously awful signings in a long long time.

He didn't look up to it from minute 1 and who puts a teenage keeper with no experience in as first choice for a Championship club.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 16 Jul 2020 13:21

Snowflake Royal Has to be one of the most obviously awful signings in a long long time.

He didn't look up to it from minute 1 and who puts a teenage keeper with no experience in as first choice for a Championship club.

Jose Gomes

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 16 Jul 2020 13:43

Snowflake Royal Has to be one of the most obviously awful signings in a long long time.

In terms of impact on results and mistakes made leading to defeat, yep he is probably pushing the number one slot. A little piece of Reading FC history right before our eyes.

linkenholtroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by linkenholtroyal » 16 Jul 2020 16:26

paultheroyal

In terms of impact on results and mistakes made leading to defeat, yep he is probably pushing the number one slot. A little piece of Reading FC history right before our eyes.

File under Sone Aluko

SouthDownsRoyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SouthDownsRoyal » 25 Jul 2020 09:23

I’d go for Rafael, as you say shows how uninspiring the rest of the team have been, but he has been good.

Jack Celliers
Hob Nob Regular

by Jack Celliers » 25 Jul 2020 09:39

Sutekh Ejaria
Meite
Swift

Special award for Chris Gunter who I think has been tremendous this season given the situation he was put in by previous management.

This. They are the players who have made it worth watching Reading this year. An adequate goalie who is not quite commanding enough and doesn't make enough of the saves you expect him to doesn't come close.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 25 Jul 2020 14:25

Jack Celliers
Sutekh Ejaria
Meite
Swift

Special award for Chris Gunter who I think has been tremendous this season given the situation he was put in by previous management.

This. They are the players who have made it worth watching Reading this year. An adequate goalie who is not quite commanding enough and doesn't make enough of the saves you expect him to doesn't come close.

Doesn't seem like many people agreed with your (overly) critical assessment of Rafael.

That having been said, I voted for Swift. Rafael would've been my second choice and Ejaria third choice (top for entertainment value).

Have I missed it or have the club not published more detailed results? Would be nice to know who finished 2nd and 3rd.