Osho - best crosser of the ball at the club. Discuss.

125 posts
Zip
Hob Nob Legend

Re: Osho - best crosser of the ball at the club. Discuss.

by Zip » 03 Aug 2020 17:56

NewCorkSeth Has anyone mentioned we have Araruna and Watson as back up right backs yet?

Watson is injury prone and done next to nothing out on loan at a lower level. Bowen clearly doesn’t rate Aruruna who has barely featured.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 03 Aug 2020 17:59

Araruna did at least appear in squads at the end of the season

Obvs wouldn’t be surprised if he was moved on but now he is more used to the physicality he may get another go

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 03 Aug 2020 18:00

Old Man Andrews
Nameless
Old Man Andrews I'd say he has been advised just fine, we have tried to stuff him on the wages and his agent has got him a better deal elsewhere. No way he would leave for the sake of leaving at this point in his career, must have something lined up. Such a shame we are losing him.

My understanding is we originally offered him a reduced deal (which was understandable, he’d not done anything to earn in improvement)
That was withdrawn and replaced by an improved deal on the basis of his recent cameos.
I’m not sure how you can ‘stuff’ someone on wages. You make them an offer, they accept, reject or negotiate. If he thinks he can get more elsewhere good luck. But he says he is leaving because he wants to play which is hardly leaving for the sake of it. At his age it is a perfectly reasonable thing to want to do.

If we pay him a decent wage he stays, quite simple. Not sure why you need that explaining to you. We offered him a shite deal, plain and simple.

I don’t need it explaining. We disagree, but I can actually understand the principle.
I don’t know if you have a close relationship with him so’ ow what deal he was offered but my understanding is that originally he wasn’t going to be offered a deal at all. We then offered him a deal which was less than he had been on and he rejected it. We upped the offer to roughly what his old deal had been plus incentives. That’s important because it means we get a payment from his new club if he finds one.
Whether you consider that a poor deal or not is an opinion. But we know the club are slashing out goings and to be honest a reserve defender with very little track record is not the sort of player you are going to splash the cash on. He might think that if we had doubled his wages he wou.d have signed but on what basis would we do that ? We need to be smart this summer, and that means investing in players who will influence games regularly and whilst Osho had some good games he wouldn’t be influencing games when Yiadom was fit.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 03 Aug 2020 18:02

Tshibola mark 2, agents really are shit aren`t they? I`ll be amazed if we see him anywhere near a high grade of football anytime soon.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 03 Aug 2020 18:04

Snowflake Royal
Notts Royal Big shame this - liked the look of him at rb

So at present, we have no back up rb or lb!

Sigh.

Araruna and Watson.

Big question mark whether either are good enough.

Simon's Church
Hob Nob Regular

by Simon's Church » 03 Aug 2020 18:06

windermereROYAL Tshibola mark 2, agents really are shit aren`t they? I`ll be amazed if we see him anywhere near a high grade of football anytime soon.

Surely this is almost nothing like Tshibola?
He broke into the first team then left for big money to a big club. Osho just wants to go somewhere he thinks he has more chance of playing regularly?

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 03 Aug 2020 18:12

Simon's Church
windermereROYAL Tshibola mark 2, agents really are shit aren`t they? I`ll be amazed if we see him anywhere near a high grade of football anytime soon.

He broke into the first team then left for big money to a big club. Osho just wants to go somewhere he thinks he has more chance of playing regularly?

Unless he has something lined up in the championship or PL theres no difference whatever, he`s very young and seems to think he`s garuanteed a first team spot whereever he goes. very unlikely IMO unless he drops down to the lower leagues and probably a reduction in wages.

Simon's Church
Hob Nob Regular

by Simon's Church » 03 Aug 2020 18:28

windermereROYAL
Simon's Church

Unless he has something lined up in the championship or PL theres no difference whatever, he`s very young and seems to think he`s garuanteed a first team spot whereever he goes. very unlikely IMO unless he drops down to the lower leagues and probably a reduction in wages.

Well there's clearly a massive difference but ok.

If he signed a new 2 year deal you'd probably say he's a mercenary happy to collect good money to sit on the bench.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 03 Aug 2020 18:30

If I were Brentford I’d be talking to Osho. I don’t think he’s going to be a PL star but I reckon there is decent money to be made on him in the future

muirinho
Hob Nob Regular

by muirinho » 03 Aug 2020 19:22

Osho is 22 in a couple of weeks, by that stage in his career, Obita would have played about 70 games in the Championship, Gunter probably more than 100 in the Championship or higher. Osho has 7. He absolutely needs to get regular games. He'd probably get a reasonable number playing for us, but not the 35-40 minimum that he needs. I'm not surprised he's gone, Reading would need to be offering a lot of money to compensate for lack of gametime, and clearly right now, we don't have it.
As we offered him a contract, we'd be entitled to compensation if he goes to another English club - additionally we'd probably be entitled to some percentage of his next transfer fee. So we won't lose out totally. It's a pity, but would we sell Yiadom to keep Osho? Don't think so.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 03 Aug 2020 19:50

Zip
NewCorkSeth Has anyone mentioned we have Araruna and Watson as back up right backs yet?

Watson is injury prone and done next to nothing out on loan at a lower level. Bowen clearly doesn’t rate Aruruna who has barely featured.

But they do exist in the squad.

Watson was very promising until his injury. He could recover. Maybe.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 03 Aug 2020 19:52

Nameless
Old Man Andrews
Nameless
My understanding is we originally offered him a reduced deal (which was understandable, he’d not done anything to earn in improvement)
That was withdrawn and replaced by an improved deal on the basis of his recent cameos.
I’m not sure how you can ‘stuff’ someone on wages. You make them an offer, they accept, reject or negotiate. If he thinks he can get more elsewhere good luck. But he says he is leaving because he wants to play which is hardly leaving for the sake of it. At his age it is a perfectly reasonable thing to want to do.

If we pay him a decent wage he stays, quite simple. Not sure why you need that explaining to you. We offered him a shite deal, plain and simple.

I don’t need it explaining. We disagree, but I can actually understand the principle.
I don’t know if you have a close relationship with him so’ ow what deal he was offered but my understanding is that originally he wasn’t going to be offered a deal at all. We then offered him a deal which was less than he had been on and he rejected it. We upped the offer to roughly what his old deal had been plus incentives. That’s important because it means we get a payment from his new club if he finds one.
Whether you consider that a poor deal or not is an opinion. But we know the club are slashing out goings and to be honest a reserve defender with very little track record is not the sort of player you are going to splash the cash on. He might think that if we had doubled his wages he wou.d have signed but on what basis would we do that ? We need to be smart this summer, and that means investing in players who will influence games regularly and whilst Osho had some good games he wouldn’t be influencing games when Yiadom was fit.

If and when Yiadom was fit. Yiadom is a good player but he's developing a pretty poor injury/fitness record.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 03 Aug 2020 20:51

According to Talk Reading, the contract that Osho was offered was 50% of what he was on when he was a second year pro at 19 years old. Surely that's bullshit, but no wonder he didn't accept it if it's true.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 03 Aug 2020 21:06

Pepe the Horseman According to Talk Reading, the contract that Osho was offered was 50% of what he was on when he was a second year pro at 19 years old. Surely that's bullshit, but no wonder he didn't accept it if it's true.

Yeah just came on here to say this. If true it’s bloody ridiculous. It is absolutely essential Moore is now sold. We cannot have a situation where we have one player on £35k a week and another on a grand a week.
Osho is precisely the sort of player I thought Bowen would want to keep.
I can see him joining someone like Wycombe.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 03 Aug 2020 21:11

Snowflake Royal
Zip

But they do exist in the squad.

Watson was very promising until his injury. He could recover. Maybe.

Adding to that, Osho had probably done even less out on loan than Watson.

muirinho
Hob Nob Regular

by muirinho » 03 Aug 2020 21:18

Zip
Pepe the Horseman According to Talk Reading, the contract that Osho was offered was 50% of what he was on when he was a second year pro at 19 years old. Surely that's bullshit, but no wonder he didn't accept it if it's true.

Yeah just came on here to say this. If true it’s bloody ridiculous. It is absolutely essential Moore is now sold. We cannot have a situation where we have one player on £35k a week and another on a grand a week.

Isn't that the contract he was originally offered back before he made his cameos (after a few not terribly successful loan-spells)? And he was then offered a much better deal in the summer?

I'd say, either way, the club have decided that backup players will not be earning a lot of money to sit on the bench. Our first team will need to stay fit, as backups will likely be ex Academy on their 1st pro contracts. Or loan players where the home club is paying most of the salary.

Royalwaster
Hob Nob Regular

by Royalwaster » 03 Aug 2020 21:42

Let's hope he's not the new Jack Stacey ...

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 03 Aug 2020 21:45

I hope he does well and has a good career.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 03 Aug 2020 22:08

muirinho
Zip

Isn't that the contract he was originally offered back before he made his cameos (after a few not terribly successful loan-spells)? And he was then offered a much better deal in the summer?

I'd say, either way, the club have decided that backup players will not be earning a lot of money to sit on the bench. Our first team will need to stay fit, as backups will likely be ex Academy on their 1st pro contracts. Or loan players where the home club is paying most of the salary.

We know over the course of a 46 game season plenty of players will get injured. We are going to have a much smaller squad. Osho would have been great back up in two positions. So back up players are going to be very important with a much smaller squad. I really thought we could have kept him.

muirinho
Hob Nob Regular

by muirinho » 03 Aug 2020 22:49

Zip
muirinho
Zip

We know over the course of a 46 game season plenty of players will get injured. We are going to have a much smaller squad. Osho would have been great back up in two positions. So back up players are going to be very important with a much smaller squad. I really thought we could have kept him.

I'd have liked to have kept him too. But I think a combination of the money we were offering and the gametime we were offering wasn't enough. Although I do think we were offering more than 50% of his last contract.

Clearly the club are gambling with the squad, and there could be lots of untested square pegs in round holes this season. Which makes a change, I suppose, from gambling with money we don't have.

Think we can call it now on our chances in the cup competitions - we'll be lucky if they field the U23s.

125 posts