Osho - best crosser of the ball at the club. Discuss.

125 posts
Old Man Andrews

Re: Osho - best crosser of the ball at the club. Discuss.

by Old Man Andrews » 13 Aug 2020 07:49

:roll:

royalp-we
Hob Nob Regular

by royalp-we » 13 Aug 2020 20:00

Snowflake Royal Rino should be starting every game in midfield.

He's not a right back.

Filling in in an emergency doesn't make you a genuine option.

Or do people think we didn't need a back up keeper for Mikhailov because Quinn once went in goal and did ok?

What is your issue Ian?

- We are discussing RB options.

- Although far from ideal, Rino can cover RB.

- Did a great job against Man Utd there under Gomes.

- Don’t be a oxf*rd all your life.

It leaves us with Yiadom, Watson, Araruna & Rinomhota as RB options. You pompous little tw@t.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 13 Aug 2020 21:51

royalp-we

He's not a right back.

Or do people think we didn't need a back up keeper for Mikhailov because Quinn once went in goal and did ok?

What is your issue Ian?

It leaves us with Yiadom, Watson, Araruna & Rinomhota as RB options. You pompous little tw@t.

To be fair to Ian he didn't suggest Rino wouldn't be able to cover, think he meant he isn't a genuine starting option which I'd agree he isn't for two reasons. Firstly we lose our best central midfielder and secondly he isn't good enough in that position to be a first choice right back.
I'd be ok with him covering there if there is an injury mid game but I don't really want him starting RB at any point if we can help it.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 13 Aug 2020 22:23

Old Man Andrews
royalp-we

He's not a right back.

What is your issue Ian?

To be fair to Ian he didn't suggest Rino wouldn't be able to cover, think he meant he isn't a genuine starting option which I'd agree he isn't for two reasons. Firstly we lose our best central midfielder and secondly he isn't good enough in that position to be a first choice right back.
I'd be ok with him covering there if there is an injury mid game but I don't really want him starting RB at any point if we can help it.

This tbh, it’s an emergency reposition option rather than a genuine starting option.

royalp-we
Hob Nob Regular

by royalp-we » 13 Aug 2020 23:50

No, he intimated if we ever start Rino as a RB (as previous managers have on occasion) would a stupid idea and made a bizarre comparison to a GK :lol: surely it’s a good thing we have a few utility players? We don’t need 5 players capable of playing a single RB position whilst we are trimming the squad.

Back on point - Osho leaving is a shame and good luck to him. All our attention should now be on recruiting for a LB.
Last edited by royalp-we on 13 Aug 2020 23:53, edited 1 time in total.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 13 Aug 2020 23:51

Exactly.

Someone's still smarting from thinking a 30 year old striker on 40k who averages 25 games and 10 goals a season would be our ideal signing.

It's not a good idea to plan your squad around being able to move your first choice midfielder to starting right back.

royalp-we
Hob Nob Regular

by royalp-we » 13 Aug 2020 23:57

Not at all, simply suggested we needed experience.

It’s not a case of planning your squad around it. How many players do we need capable of playing RB? If Yiadom, Watson or Araruna were all out, Rino has played there and is more than capable. The focus needs to be on reinforcing the LB position now.

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

by SCIAG » 14 Aug 2020 08:34

History suggests we probably need two serious options at each full back position. I don’t know - genuinely - if Bowen considers Watson and Araruna serious options, or if we have enough midfield options to use Rino there.

As for left back, I’m sure the same three players could cover there (and if not, then they could play right back while Yiadom covers there) and McIntyre has played there for the U23s, but again, serious options are what matters.

Would like to see us sign a Chris Makin/Stephen Kelly type who is comfortable on either side.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 14 Aug 2020 09:38

SCIAG History suggests we probably need two serious options at each full back position. I don’t know - genuinely - if Bowen considers Watson and Araruna serious options, or if we have enough midfield options to use Rino there.

As for left back, I’m sure the same three players could cover there (and if not, then they could play right back while Yiadom covers there) and McIntyre has played there for the U23s, but again, serious options are what matters.

Would like to see us sign a Chris Makin/Stephen Kelly type who is comfortable on either side.

I know just the guy. Nearly 100 caps for his country, over 400 appearances at this level, only 31, and available on a free.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 14 Aug 2020 09:43

Pepe the Horseman
SCIAG History suggests we probably need two serious options at each full back position. I don’t know - genuinely - if Bowen considers Watson and Araruna serious options, or if we have enough midfield options to use Rino there.

I know just the guy. Nearly 100 caps for his country, over 400 appearances at this level, only 31, and available on a free.

Exfcukingactly

Simon's Church
Hob Nob Regular

by Simon's Church » 14 Aug 2020 09:48

Pepe the Horseman

Gareth Bale?

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 14 Aug 2020 09:49

Simon's Church
Pepe the Horseman

Gareth Bale?

Only played 40 Championship games. OUT.

muirinho
Hob Nob Regular

by muirinho » 14 Aug 2020 23:44

Pepe the Horseman

WCBAP

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 15 Aug 2020 00:39

Pepe the Horseman

Who is this miracle man? Is he handsome? Would he play well with an equally handsome right winger?

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

by SCIAG » 05 Dec 2020 18:30

SCIAG Could maybe see Holmes taking the same CB->RB route that Osho took. He has a good touch but not the same athleticism.

Still got it 8)

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 05 Dec 2020 18:47

Obviously the red card helped us today, but anybody else disappointing for Holmes? Denied his 1st goal by a handball on the line.

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 07 Dec 2020 11:45

WestYorksRoyal Obviously the red card helped us today, but anybody else disappointing for Holmes? Denied his 1st goal by a handball on the line.

Had I done a proper writeup on the thread one of the things I'd have said is that was Holmes' goal as far as I'm concerned.

Yeah sure Joao scored the pen but really the whole situation: pen, goal, red card, etc was all down to Holmes. Great effort.

So in a way he more than scored as far as I'm concerned.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 07 Dec 2020 13:04

Should Holmes have taken the penalty?

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

by SCIAG » 07 Dec 2020 13:14

Snowflake Royal Should Holmes have taken the penalty?

I think he has the technique to be a good penalty taker and he did deserve the goal but nah, go with the best taker.

If we had been 3-0 up already, or the match was being played on Prospect Park, then that would be another matter. But this is professional football and sentiment has to be second to results.

I know we don’t need more people creaming themselves over Olise and I certainly don’t want to take anything away from Holmes, but the delivery was also very important. The weight and placement was just right to create uncertainty in the goalkeeper’s mind and that allowed Holmes to steal in.

skipper
Hob Nob Regular

by skipper » 07 Dec 2020 13:33

Snowflake Royal Should Holmes have taken the penalty?

No. I assume you were being either devil's advocate or fishing there? Either way, surely you put your best player on a penalty?

125 posts