BFIFOLLOW Swansea

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

Re: BFIFOLLOW Swansea

by Zip » 22 Jul 2020 22:21

windermereROYAL Love to know who made the decision to extend Bowen`s contract, FFS all we needed to do was give him till the end of the season. clubs run by fools.

We are a basket case of a club. An £18 million loss in 2018/19. For a club our size that’s scary stuff. Whoever comes in has struggled. Our finances are a mess, we have had a bloated, overpaid squad for years, we sack managers after a year, attendances are dwindling.
We used to laugh at clubs who behaved like this. Sadly we are now one of them.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 22 Jul 2020 22:21

Ejaria probably not coming back due to club finances.

Predictable.

Jackson Corner
Hob Nob Regular

by Jackson Corner » 22 Jul 2020 22:23

Sutekh
Jackson Corner Just a oxf*rd shambles of a club. We will be next season’s Hull. One home win in thirteen. Season ticket? The players can’t be arsed then why should I.

One home win in 14

That is just plain embarrassing. :oops:

Simmops
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Simmops » 22 Jul 2020 22:32

If we aren't in a good enough place (top 10) with 6 games into next season that is it for Bowen.

RichTea94

by RichTea94 » 22 Jul 2020 22:32

genome Ejaria probably not coming back due to club finances.

Predictable.

First half of the season the reported £3.5million looked a bargain.
Second half he's not been anywhere near as good, and so I'm less fussed. Financial stability should be number 1 priority. While Dai has plenty of money, who knows if Chinese money will be able to reach the UK soon due to the political situation.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 22 Jul 2020 22:34

Predictable.

How embarrassing for us.

We are going to end up like Hull City aren't we?

Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Regular

by Royal_jimmy » 22 Jul 2020 22:35

Old Man Andrews

Predictable.

How embarrassing for us.

We are going to end up like Hull City aren't we?

I wouldn't bet against it

Notts Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Notts Royal » 22 Jul 2020 22:37

Royal_jimmy Can't be bothered to comment on the game. But congratulations to Swansea. I don't like them and we gifted them 4 goals but the table doesn't lie. Deserved to finish 6th.

As for us. The sooner we have a clear out the better. This summer there needs to be a change in scouting strategy. Do the owners actually have a plan for how the club want to play? to me, they seem to throw cash at it and hope for the best. Until they change their approach or they sell to someone who has a bit of an idea how to run a football club then we'll always be a shambles I am afraid.

Be careful what you wish for. Great to have a clear out but what on Earth will they be replaced with? As you’ve suggested, the owners don’t seem to have a plan and I’m stunned they’ve been exempt from criticism from the fans. The issue is at the top & until it’s sorted, the issues on the pitch won’t differ much

blueroyals
Hob Nob Regular

by blueroyals » 22 Jul 2020 22:42

Predictable.

Meh. I think we only need one of Ejaria, Swift and Olise.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 22 Jul 2020 22:50

McNulty, Meite, Joao, Baldock and Puscas up top next season, seems too many, I reckon we will sell the Romanian.

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 22 Jul 2020 22:54

That wage bill will be obliterated

Westwood52
Hob Nob Regular

by Westwood52 » 22 Jul 2020 23:05

Ascotexgunner Keep wondering what Nigel Pearson's stock is like at the minute. Definitely take him if it was possible.

Agreed.At least with him,every player would know that only their best will do.

Notts Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Notts Royal » 22 Jul 2020 23:09

blueroyals

Predictable.

Meh. I think we only need one of Ejaria, Swift and Olise.

Agree with this. I’d prefer to keep Swift than Ejaria based on consistency of performance alone. But not if his head has been turned, and who can blame him?

Some laughable comments I’ve read about time to give the youth who will fight for the badge a chance. Loader didn’t fight for the badge; and Bowen has given plenty of the youth appearances this season. It’s more the experienced players who are the issue...need to sort that out

royalp-we
Hob Nob Regular

by royalp-we » 23 Jul 2020 00:22

genome
royalp-we Our defence / attack didn’t look great, but it was all subject to an abject midfield who wouldn’t protect the defence or provide any chances.

So what you're saying is, apart from our defence, midfield and attack, we were quite good?

Nope, what I’m saying is; the midfield did nothing to protect the defence - and nothing to support the attack.

Our midfield (as much as our fans love them, much like Jose Gomes really) have not been good enough this year.

JimmytheJim

by JimmytheJim » 23 Jul 2020 00:29

Ejaria will go on to be an excellent footballer. He's fat from the finished product but we will regret missing out on him in the long run. However, if it means we stop playing midfielders out wide, it's not such a tragedy. I'm not sure what the squad is going to look like next year but getting the wage budget under control has to be the priority. If that means no ejaria, so be it.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 23 Jul 2020 00:59

Role of Pele emphasised in the squad, in the last 4 games without him we’ve conceded 13 goals, yet with the last 3 games he’s played, we’ve conceded 0. Missed someone who can sit and hold for a while now, hope we don’t try and convert Rino there as it restricts his capabilities

Other than that, not much to add, Olise looked better tonight but Richards put his 1 in 3 liability game on show. Meite and Puscas were weak and ineffective as a duo once again, and Bowen didn’t seem to have a clue on how to adapt to ongoing changes in the game

tee peg
Hob Nob Regular

by tee peg » 23 Jul 2020 10:26

RichTea94

Predictable.

First half of the season the reported £3.5million looked a bargain.
Second half he's not been anywhere near as good, and so I'm less fussed. Financial stability should be number 1 priority. While Dai has plenty of money, who knows if Chinese money will be able to reach the UK soon due to the political situation.

^
The most relevant point made for a while on this site.

Jagermesiter1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Jagermesiter1871 » 23 Jul 2020 11:59

Westwood52
Ascotexgunner Keep wondering what Nigel Pearson's stock is like at the minute. Definitely take him if it was possible.

Agreed.At least with him,every player would know that only their best will do.

How dense are you lot? We can't afford the current squad we have, how are you even suggesting we can afford to fire our current manager and hire, an as of a week ago, Prem manager?

Whilst we're at it I reckon Zidane might do a job here. Whats his current stock?

Jagermesiter1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Jagermesiter1871 » 23 Jul 2020 12:01

URZZZZ Role of Pele emphasised in the squad, in the last 4 games without him we’ve conceded 13 goals, yet with the last 3 games he’s played, we’ve conceded 0. Missed someone who can sit and hold for a while now, hope we don’t try and convert Rino there as it restricts his capabilities

Other than that, not much to add, Olise looked better tonight but Richards put his 1 in 3 liability game on show. Meite and Puscas were weak and ineffective as a duo once again, and Bowen didn’t seem to have a clue on how to adapt to ongoing changes in the game

This has been an issue for years now - a good holding midfielder. Rino just isn't that good/doesn't play that role. For me that alone would take an average/poor side to a decent/good side in this division.
Last edited by Jagermesiter1871 on 23 Jul 2020 15:35, edited 1 time in total.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 23 Jul 2020 12:09

Jagermesiter1871
URZZZZ Role of Pele emphasised in the squad, in the last 4 games without him we’ve conceded 13 goals, yet with the last 3 games he’s played, we’ve conceded 0. Missed someone who can sit and hold for a while now, hope we don’t try and convert Rino there as it restricts his capabilities

This has been an issue for years now - a good holding midfielder. Rino just isn't that good/doesn't play that role. For me that alone would take a average/poor side to a decent/good side in this division.

Agreed - I'm really not sure why it has been. I (and others) have been saying this for fcuking years. The last time our midfield really looked like it could control games was when we had Leigertwood in there.

It's really not that fcuking difficult a concept to grasp is it?