Season 20/21

928 posts
Old Man Andrews

Re: Season 20/21

by Old Man Andrews » 24 Aug 2020 18:58

Snowflake Royal Oh FFS, the owners can do one. I've oxf*rd had it with this bullshit if Bowen goes as well. They can just oxf*rd right off, clueless pcunts.

Yep it reeks of Howe becoming too independently minded for them so they gave him the chop. Nobody can convince me the owners aren't dodgy, their new CEO appointment all but confirms that.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 24 Aug 2020 19:04

TBF, they're self-made billionaires from a long standing repressive dictatorship. I guess the clues were there.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 24 Aug 2020 19:13

oxf*rd it. Just enjoy the ride. Whatever happens.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 24 Aug 2020 19:15

Bowen going back to DoF would be absolutely comical 2 weeks before the season

All very strange

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 24 Aug 2020 19:18

That Eddie chap reckons Bowen and the owner are pretty close interestingly

Going to be an interesting few weeks

Notts Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Notts Royal » 24 Aug 2020 19:32

Snowflake Royal Oh FFS, the owners can do one. I've oxf*rd had it with this bullshit if Bowen goes as well. They can just oxf*rd right off, clueless pcunts.

Yup they are utterly clueless aren’t they. We just can’t keep chopping and changing just because they want promotion with a click of the fingers. We are nowhere near and they need to realise that and do some proper long-term planning

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 24 Aug 2020 19:35

Hound That Eddie chap reckons Bowen and the owner are pretty close interestingly

Going to be an interesting few weeks

I would think that is the case reading between the lines. Whatever Bowen says about his appointment I don't believe for one minute he didn't at least present himself as an option for the job during the recruitment process.

He is also a manager grateful to be in the role and probably doesn't get too involved in the recruitment process or hounds the owner for money. A more experienced and successful coach/manager would be knocking on the owners door every day demanding funds imo.

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

by SCIAG » 24 Aug 2020 19:45

The good news is that now we can re-sign Teddy 8)

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 24 Aug 2020 19:53

Sheringham? Are things that bad?

Gunny Fishcake
Hob Nob Regular

by Gunny Fishcake » 24 Aug 2020 20:03

Old Man Andrews

Yep it reeks of Howe becoming too independently minded for them so they gave him the chop. Nobody can convince me the owners aren't dodgy, their new CEO appointment all but confirms that.

Totally agree, it stinks of money laundering and using our club as a rag doll to just toss aside when they've done their dodgy deeds

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

by SCIAG » 24 Aug 2020 20:43

Gunny Fishcake
Old Man Andrews

Totally agree, it stinks of money laundering and using our club as a rag doll to just toss aside when they've done their dodgy deeds

:|

Money laundering involves a business that appears to be profitable, not one that runs at a massive loss.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 24 Aug 2020 20:57

I'm no fan of Bowen as a manager but if we make a change now then I really can't see me being bothered to go back and support the club in the same way I used to, I can't be on board with changing a manager 2 weeks before the start of a season. Pure madness.

WoodleyRoyal
Hob Nob Addict
Location: when was the last time you did something for the first time?

by WoodleyRoyal » 24 Aug 2020 21:06

Is today the day that the fan base start turning on the owners?

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 24 Aug 2020 21:53

So if Bowen does go back to being DoF what are we thinking? Foreign coach with no Championship experience? Can't see anything else if I'm honest, seems to be what the owners like.
Not sure any coach with a proven track record in the Championship will come to us even if we wanted them. Why would a Chris Hughton or a Jokanovic even bother? No money to build a squad, a pretty average existing squad and owners who appear to make poor footballing choices at weird times.

WoodleyRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WoodleyRoyal » 24 Aug 2020 21:56

Old Man Andrews So if Bowen does go back to being DoF what are we thinking? Foreign coach with no Championship experience? Can't see anything else if I'm honest, seems to be what the owners like.
Not sure any coach with a proven track record in the Championship will come to us even if we wanted them. Why would a Chris Hughton or a Jokanovic even bother? No money to build a squad, a pretty average existing squad and owners who appear to make poor footballing choices at weird times.

Tend to agree it will be a no mark foreign manager. Would like to see Pearson personally. Not beyond the realms of possibility.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 24 Aug 2020 21:58

WoodleyRoyal
Old Man Andrews So if Bowen does go back to being DoF what are we thinking? Foreign coach with no Championship experience? Can't see anything else if I'm honest, seems to be what the owners like.

Tend to agree it will be a no mark foreign manager. Would like to see Pearson personally. Not beyond the realms of possibility.

He might want a bit more of a settled club to manage after his recent Watford experience, we are a bit like Watford-lite at the moment. Is he also not involved in some sort of dispute with Watford regarding bonus payments? Might stop him taking any jobs until its resolved.

WoodleyRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WoodleyRoyal » 24 Aug 2020 22:04

So it does seem like this might actually be happening. Bowen is supposedly has a meeting at bearwood tomorrow with the owners about moving back upstairs.

blueroyals
Hob Nob Regular

by blueroyals » 24 Aug 2020 22:40

You have to detach yourself from it because there isn't much we can do. What's the worst that can happen, we drop down a couple of divisions, owner goes AWOL and we rebuild ala Portsmouth, Sunderland, etc. Can't be any worse than what we've had over the last 5+ years and at least we'd be rid of the stench of Vibrac loans, parasitic super agents and owners with questionable motives.
Last edited by blueroyals on 24 Aug 2020 22:41, edited 1 time in total.

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 24 Aug 2020 22:41

WoodleyRoyal Is today the day that the fan base start turning on the owners?

No

WoodleyRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WoodleyRoyal » 24 Aug 2020 22:42

paultheroyal
WoodleyRoyal Is today the day that the fan base start turning on the owners?

No

I hope you’re right

928 posts