Season 20/21

928 posts
Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

Re: Season 20/21

by Snowball » 15 Sep 2020 16:29

Everybody should also learn to fly, at least a light plane (just in case)

Learn Deep-Sea diving just-in-case

It's OBVIOUS we should all be Black-Belt Second Dan (minimum) in at least two distinct martial arts.

We should all learn to break down 27 varieties of weapons (blindfold) and be able to shoot a grouping of no more than one-inch at 50 yards

Just in-case.

1. Four Hours, ran out of money
2. Four Hours blew an ear-drum
3. First exam passed (colour), Ju-Jitsu (Jeez was I inflexible)
4. Never broke a gun down but I was an official marksman

As for car, who needs a licence

BTW Kudos for the non-sheep who choose not to drive. Save the Planet!

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 15 Sep 2020 17:08

i newspaper are going to have a whale of a time trawling through this crap for RFC fans view on our prospects this season

SouthDownsRoyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SouthDownsRoyal » 15 Sep 2020 17:27

Simon's Church Nobody should drive. It's killing the planet

What about people who drive battery or hydrogen vehicles

SouthDownsRoyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SouthDownsRoyal » 15 Sep 2020 17:30

leon i newspaper are going to have a whale of a time trawling through this crap for RFC fans view on our prospects this season

ALOL

Maybe the topic needs renaming to something like Should all adults learn to drive?

Simon's Church
Hob Nob Regular

by Simon's Church » 15 Sep 2020 18:00

SouthDownsRoyal
Simon's Church Nobody should drive. It's killing the planet

What about people who drive battery or hydrogen vehicles

Better. If cycling or green public transport isn't a viable option

SouthDownsRoyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SouthDownsRoyal » 15 Sep 2020 18:06

As someone who grew up in a rural area, not driving wasn’t an option.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 15 Sep 2020 18:07

SouthDownsRoyal As someone who grew up in a rural area, not driving wasn’t an option.

How rural was this place???? Was it an Amish community?

SouthDownsRoyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SouthDownsRoyal » 15 Sep 2020 18:10

Old Man Andrews
SouthDownsRoyal As someone who grew up in a rural area, not driving wasn’t an option.

How rural was this place???? Was it an Amish community?

It was rural. I needed a car

Whore Jackie
Hob Nob Regular

by Whore Jackie » 16 Sep 2020 13:04

SCIAG No access to toilets makes it impossible for me to attend anyway, so if that’s true then my other complaints are moot.

Where have you read that? This seems to suggest that there will be additional facilities:

Try to maintain social distancing when using the toilets as far as possible. You must follow any instruction given to you by Club stewards in respect of which toilet facilities to use. There will be a limited number of facilities within each area within the stadium but additional cubicles with sanitisers are situated outside

https://ticketing.readingfc.co.uk/custo ... onduct.pdf

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 16 Sep 2020 18:26

Stranded
SCIAG Yep happy with this - although of course would be happier if my ST also bought me iFollow access :wink:

I know people don’t like me banging on about supporter’s rights and so forth but I was a little put off by this in the FAQs:
All tickets purchased will be strictly non-transferable and will include the attendees’ name. Attendees are requested to bring photo ID with them on a matchday as spot checks will be in place. All purchasers will be required to confirm compliance with a new supporter code of conduct and relevant terms and conditions at the point of purchase, which will include a requirement for ticket holders to provide a COVID-19 self-certification. This sounds quite onerous, but it is for your safety and those of fellow fans.

I would strongly prefer 1) ID checks to be limited to circumstances where individuals are thought to be using a concession ticket they are not entitled to, or purchase alcohol, and 2) tickets to be fully transferable, within those boundaries. I don’t usually carry ID and believe that demanding it goes against our right to privacy.

You are not being forced to attend so if you don't agree with the Terms and Conditions simply don't. I never understand why people have an issue carrying a form of ID but each to their own.

Some of us don't have ID they routinely carry.

I'm not lugging my passport back and forth to Reading just to watch us be shit.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 16 Sep 2020 18:37

Snowflake Royal
Stranded
SCIAG Yep happy with this - although of course would be happier if my ST also bought me iFollow access :wink:

I know people don’t like me banging on about supporter’s rights and so forth but I was a little put off by this in the FAQs:

I would strongly prefer 1) ID checks to be limited to circumstances where individuals are thought to be using a concession ticket they are not entitled to, or purchase alcohol, and 2) tickets to be fully transferable, within those boundaries. I don’t usually carry ID and believe that demanding it goes against our right to privacy.

You are not being forced to attend so if you don't agree with the Terms and Conditions simply don't. I never understand why people have an issue carrying a form of ID but each to their own.

LUGGING! As if it's a fcuking Mini Metro. :lol:

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 16 Sep 2020 19:26

Old Man Andrews
Snowflake Royal
Stranded

No need to carry anything extra.
Assuming you have a reasonably modern phone just take a picture of your driving licence / passport/ Tufty Club membership and show that if questioned.

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

by SCIAG » 16 Sep 2020 19:26

Whore Jackie
SCIAG No access to toilets makes it impossible for me to attend anyway, so if that’s true then my other complaints are moot.

Where have you read that? This seems to suggest that there will be additional facilities:

Try to maintain social distancing when using the toilets as far as possible. You must follow any instruction given to you by Club stewards in respect of which toilet facilities to use. There will be a limited number of facilities within each area within the stadium but additional cubicles with sanitisers are situated outside

Posted by Sutekh on the previous page - hopefully I simply misunderstood his attempt at humour.

Simmops
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Simmops » 16 Sep 2020 19:43

Old Man Andrews
Snowflake Royal
Stranded

:lol: :lol: :lol:

SouthDownsRoyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SouthDownsRoyal » 16 Sep 2020 19:52

Old Man Andrews
Snowflake Royal
Stranded

:D

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 17 Sep 2020 08:20

Tbf, I would be hesitant to take my passport out with me for anything other than international travel. While I wouldn't call it lugging it around, it certainly would cause me more worry about losing it than say my driving licence. But as others have said, a photo should suffice.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 17 Sep 2020 08:25

Hendo Tbf, I would be hesitant to take my passport out with me for anything other than international travel. While I wouldn't call it lugging it around, it certainly would cause me more worry about losing it than say my driving licence. But as others have said, a photo should suffice.

Like some headshots?

Vision
Hob Nob Addict

by Vision » 17 Sep 2020 08:27

SCIAG
Whore Jackie

Posted by Sutekh on the previous page - hopefully I simply misunderstood his attempt at humour.

Toilet Humour is the worst type of humour.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 17 Sep 2020 08:27

NewCorkSeth
Hendo Tbf, I would be hesitant to take my passport out with me for anything other than international travel. While I wouldn't call it lugging it around, it certainly would cause me more worry about losing it than say my driving licence. But as others have said, a photo should suffice.

Like some headshots?

It could work

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 17 Sep 2020 08:32

Hendo
NewCorkSeth

Like some headshots?

It could work

A friend of mine here in Paris was recently hit on by a French actor, who she says looks like Stanley Tucci (yum), but his WhatsApp photo is a headshot of him from about 20 years ago. I love that that stereotype exists in the real world.

928 posts