Season 20/21

928 posts
Old Man Andrews

Re: Season 20/21

by Old Man Andrews » 02 Oct 2020 12:21

Because a qualified football manager or coach can't see by working with a player day in and day out if he is good enough or not or has the right attitude? Some players just aren't ever going to be ready to "step up".

A typical trait amongst Reading supporters is that just because we have a history of having a decent youth set up every single player who graduates from it is good enough to play for the first team, nothing could be further from the truth.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 02 Oct 2020 12:50

Different managers see different things though. Or maybe how they train is more suited to one player than another

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 02 Oct 2020 12:54

No one is expecting every Academy player to graduate to the first team.

The majority of those where enough is seen to involve them in the first team squad should probably get a chance where one arises rather than putting a square peg in a round hole, loaning in someone else's youth player or spending money and wages on a new signing immediately.

skipper
Hob Nob Regular

by skipper » 02 Oct 2020 13:01

I'm genuinly impressed any of you can remember what anyone has said, nearly 10 years later.

I've been reading this board for years and all I know is that Snowflake Royal is a wayyy better poster than OMA.

Handbags ladies, put them away.
Last edited by skipper on 02 Oct 2020 21:52, edited 1 time in total.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 02 Oct 2020 13:03

skipper I'm genuinly impressed any of you can remember what anyone has said, nearly 10 years later.

I've been readying this board for years and all I know is that Snowflake Royal is a wayyy better poster than OMA.

Who are you?

Why can't you spell "reading"?

Nobody is arguing about anything, there is a discussion taking place about youth players.

Fcuk off.

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 02 Oct 2020 14:48

SCIAG
If Antonio had stuck with us then he’d have almost certainly wasted another year of his career as fifth choice - he still isn’t as good as Kebe and McAnuff and he certainly wasn’t then.

Kebe is good, but better than Antonio, get away with you :lol: :lol:

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 02 Oct 2020 14:49

paultheroyal
SCIAG
If Antonio had stuck with us then he’d have almost certainly wasted another year of his career as fifth choice - he still isn’t as good as Kebe and McAnuff and he certainly wasn’t then.

Yeah, if you were to offer me prime Kebe or Antonio now, I'd certainly be going for the West Ham man.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 02 Oct 2020 16:50

skipper I'm genuinly impressed any of you can remember what anyone has said, nearly 10 years later.

I've been readying this board for years and all I know is that Snowflake Royal is a wayyy better poster than OMA.

Cheers mate, appreciated, even if it isn't much of a compliment. :lol:

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 02 Oct 2020 16:52

You do realise Ian is a member of the Liberal Democrat’s?

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 02 Oct 2020 16:54

Hendo
paultheroyal
SCIAG

Yeah, if you were to offer me prime Kebe or Antonio now, I'd certainly be going for the West Ham man.

I don't really follow the PL, is Antonio still pulling up trees? I thought I'd seen a suggestion he wasn't really doing the business any more.

In any case, it would be hard to justify saying prime Kebe is an easy pick over prime Antonio, same for McAnuff. Though Reading Antonio wouldn't have got a look in for us in the PL.

All a bit my Dad's bigger than your dad and irrelevant to the topic at hand really

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 02 Oct 2020 16:55

Zip

:lol: you need to get that obsession looked at zip.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 02 Oct 2020 16:56

Snowflake Royal
Hendo
paultheroyal

I don't really follow the PL, is Antonio still pulling up trees? I thought I'd seen a suggestion he wasn't really doing the business any more.

In any case, it would be hard to justify saying prime Kebe is an easy pick over prime Antonio, same for McAnuff. Though Reading Antonio wouldn't have got a look in for us in the PL.

All a bit my Dad's bigger than your dad and irrelevant to the topic at hand really

10 goals in 26 games last season and 1 in 2 games this season, so seems to be doing pretty ok. All 10 goals came in the prem last season as well.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 02 Oct 2020 17:02

Snowflake Royal
Zip

I just like to mention it in passing

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 02 Oct 2020 17:05

Zip
Snowflake Royal
Zip

S'a bit weird mate.

Plus it's not like I hide it or am ashamed.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 02 Oct 2020 17:06

Hendo
Snowflake Royal
Hendo

10 goals in 26 games last season and 1 in 2 games this season, so seems to be doing pretty ok. All 10 goals came in the prem last season as well.

Yeah, that's doing ok. Lol.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 02 Oct 2020 19:46

Snowflake Royal
Zip
Snowflake Royal :lol: you need to get that obsession looked at zip.

S'a bit weird mate.

Just a bit of mild taunting.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 02 Oct 2020 19:54

Zip
Snowflake Royal
Zip

S'a bit weird mate.

:?:

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 02 Oct 2020 19:56

Snowflake Royal
Zip
Snowflake Royal S'a bit weird mate.

:?:

I know you’re not but it amuses me nonetheless. I’m easily amused.

skipper
Hob Nob Regular

by skipper » 02 Oct 2020 21:54

Snowflake Royal

Cheers mate, appreciated, even if it isn't much of a compliment. :lol:

It's not really is it, but it was meant with sincerity.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 02 Oct 2020 22:03

aww how sweet

We (even Ian) are all decent chaps in real life

Back in the day, we’d all all find an excuse to meet-up....a football match against ‘the Burbs’ ...a party in the park. party after Peterborough, cricket, bbq...even bloody golf.

Time and tide waits for no-one, the whole HNA thing has become a way of venting eachothers spleen to eachother....a shame, but with so many ex and decent posters having already checked-out forever...we are just left with us bickering pcnuts :wink: :wink:

It’s just a game
Last edited by AthleticoSpizz on 02 Oct 2020 22:04, edited 1 time in total.

928 posts