SouthDownsRoyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: Dai Yongge in trouble with Chinese governmental

by SouthDownsRoyal » 30 Jul 2020 20:58

Nameless
SouthDownsRoyal
karbota
Off course SJm was not a foreign owner, and would not have just pull the plug if things got a bit iffy, he has too many other local commitments, and being British and British based would not have risked his good name.

Really I think it is time to phase out Johnny foreigner at all levels of the game.

Certainly foreign ownership of English clubs is very questionable, fair enough if you buy a top premier league club but other than that why would you want to buy an English football club? Especially as you’ll end up putting in quite a lot of money and not getting it back, hardly every going to make a profit

Why is that anymore questionable than having a local spiv ruining your club ?
Hardly anyone buys a FL to make a profit, but English football is a global brand and for a billionaire with more yachts and palaces than they know what to do with it’s just another status symbol.

Local spivs at least makes sense in terms of a link to the town/city with businesses etc

Most foreign owners would barely have heard of the towns/cities of the clubs they are buying let alone be able to put a pin in the map for that respective town/city

Not all English owners of football clubs are spivs btw

Old Man Andrews

Re: Dai Yongge in trouble with Chinese government

by Old Man Andrews » 30 Jul 2020 21:00

There are countless examples of foreign ownership being successful.

Good to see the racist Karbota has made a new friend....

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 30 Jul 2020 21:27

A moot point maybe but Xu Li is British and gained citizenship some years before she made her millions. No less a publication than the Daily Mail repeatedly refer to her as Britain's richest female entrepreneur.

Nice to see a self made British millionaire investing in a football club.

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 31 Jul 2020 01:23

karbota
Really I think it is time to phase out Johnny foreigner at all levels of the game.

There’s definitely a type of person I’d like to phase out of my country and it’s not Johnny Foreigner.

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 31 Jul 2020 01:29

Old Man Andrews There are countless examples of foreign ownership being successful.

And to think people have talked at length about getting you banned for a sometimes irritating tone, yet there’s no uproar when a racist tosser spouts his bullshit.

karbota
Hob Nob Regular

by karbota » 31 Jul 2020 05:31

Nameless
karbota
SCIAG You’re right, I was wrong, they’re a Falun Gong puppet that is banned in mainland China. So this is maybe not such a reliable story.

Boris Zingarevich was allegedly a mobster and one of the Thais used slaves in his fishing business, so this might not even be our biggest ownership scandal.

Exactly, see my post above. time to give Johnny Foreigner the boot.

Never been the same since all those Scots came and turned the Northern game professional

So their not British then?.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 31 Jul 2020 07:38

Millsy
Old Man Andrews There are countless examples of foreign ownership being successful.

And to think people have talked at length about getting you banned for a sometimes irritating tone, yet there’s no uproar when a racist tosser spouts his bullshit.

There are a few known racists on the board who more or less get a free pass, yes.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 31 Jul 2020 07:43

karbota
Nameless
karbota
Exactly, see my post above. time to give Johnny Foreigner the boot.

Never been the same since all those Scots came and turned the Northern game professional

So their not British then?.

Their British what ?

In football terms England is a separate country to Scotland (apparantly Scotland even has it’s own national team !)

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 31 Jul 2020 07:46

Millsy

The guy has been banned half a dozen times.

He's easier to ignore

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 31 Jul 2020 07:49

Yep, just attention seeking. Best ignored

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 31 Jul 2020 07:52

Snowflake Royal
Millsy

The guy has been banned half a dozen times.

He's easier to ignore

That is what Ian does, he ignores racism. Won't speak out against it or anything.

He will however cry about being disagreed with about football and try to bully people who don't share his opinions.

Jagermesiter1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Jagermesiter1871 » 31 Jul 2020 10:37

karbota
SCIAG
Nameless We’re no worse off than if SJM had succumbed to a heart attack at any point after he took us on.
Most clubs are now totally dependent on a rich owner, it’s how the game has gone.
The report thoughseems to simply be a historical run through of where he got his money. I don’t actually see anything that says he’s in trouble (although one or two of the things mentioned sound a bit iffy)

Mostly agreed. However, I think the automatically translated article is suggesting that there is a CCP report accusing him of money laundering and some similar crimes. Epoch Times is a CCP mouthpiece. It doesn’t really matter if you actually did anything wrong, if you cross the wrong official then you’re in trouble.

Off course SJm was not a foreign owner, and would not have just pull the plug if things got a bit iffy, he has too many other local commitments, and being British and British based would not have risked his good name.

All levels, so including players right? I want Britain to be back British.

Maneki Neko
Hob Nob Legend

by Maneki Neko » 31 Jul 2020 11:12

Nameless We’re no worse off than if SJM had succumbed to a heart attack at any point after he took us on.

this is genuine nonsense

we are now in debt to a much larger degree, and dont own our own ground or training ground
that was not the case under JMW

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 31 Jul 2020 11:52

Maneki Neko

this is genuine nonsense

we are now in debt to a much larger degree, and dont own our own ground or training ground

When did we own our training ground under SJM ?

‘We’ haven’t owned anything for years. In the same way that the Yongge’s own everything so did SJM. The fact that things are structured differently is a bit of a red herring. SJM could have shut the club, knocked the stadium down and built an ice rink etc etc in just the same way the Yongge’s could and like no one could stop them, no one could have stopped him.
Whatdebt do ‘we’ owe and to who ? I believe all ‘our’ debt is owed by the club (wholly owned by the Yongge’s) to the Yongge’s. AFAIK we don’t own money to HMRC, other clubs, suppliers, builders, Red Cross, payday lenders etc etc. The Yongge’s have no real reason to ask themselves for their money back. They could dump us into admin (a la Wigan) but what would that do for them ? They could just stop answering the phone and writing checks, but that’swhat SJM did in the end.
If SJM had died the club would have probably gone with him. If the yongge’s Get fed up the club will be in big trouble, I believe much of their money is in the sister’s name and outside China although most of their assets will be in China so depends how much cash they have, on the face of it they seem able to get their hands on millions quite readily.

So was what I said complete nonsense ? I really don’t think so.
Important thing is there is no ‘we’ except emotionally (hugely important). Just as the club was 100% SJM legally, financiallyetc it is now 100% Yongge’s. The numbers are bigger but they are way wealthier than he was. AFAIK SJM didn’t pay for the stadium, he just underwrote the loans. The Yongge’s have put the cash into the club...

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 31 Jul 2020 12:03

Maneki Neko

this is genuine nonsense

Agreed, apart from JMW never running us.

There doesn't have to be any effort to split up the club, training ground and stadium anymore, it's already done.

If SJM died, his family are likely to have honoured his wishes around us and tried to do right by the club.

Like oxf*rd would that happen with our current owners if they got their assets seized and sent to jail.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 31 Jul 2020 12:16

Snowflake Royal
Maneki Neko

this is genuine nonsense

There doesn't have to be any effort to split up the club, training ground and stadium anymore, it's already done.

If SJM died, his family are likely to have honoured his wishes around us and tried to do right by the club.

Like oxf*rd would that happen with our current owners if they got their assets seized and sent to jail.

I believe I am right that under SJM we mostly hired our training facilities. Hogwood was purchased by SJM himself and never actually owned by RFC.
I THINK (but am open to correction) that under SJM there were several different companies within the Rfc banner. The holding company owned the ground and the football club was a subsidiary of that. Plenty of clubs have their assets split, Newcastle consists of something like 20 separate companies, all owned by Mike Ashley but all legally separate.
I know our set up is different again. The ground and training ground are outside the RFC portfolio I think but they are all owned fully by the same people who own the club. We’ve not sold the ground to Capita or Bovis Homes.
As for banking on SJM’s family ‘honouring his wishes’, well who knows. Glad we never had to find out ! We can’t tell what provision the Yongge’s have, but we do know to date they’ve ploughed a lot more money into the club than SJM did and still people doubt they actually care.
The Chinese government can’t seize assets of a British citizen, living in Britain can they ?

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 31 Jul 2020 12:20

From Dellor on Twitter:

I’ve just got BBC China department to look into the claims circulating on social media today about Reading owner Dai Yongge. They say the claim “his assets have been seized” are based on one unreliable source - who often pumps out unsubstantiated nonsense. Let’s hope it’s that!

I'm not going to be losing any sleep over this until a reputable news outlet reports anything worrying.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 31 Jul 2020 12:21

Hendo From Dellor on Twitter:

I’ve just got BBC China department to look into the claims circulating on social media today about Reading owner Dai Yongge. They say the claim “his assets have been seized” are based on one unreliable source - who often pumps out unsubstantiated nonsense. Let’s hope it’s that!

I'm not going to be losing any sleep over this until a reputable news outlet reports anything worrying.

I enjoy the thought of Tim Dellor having a direct line to BBC China.

tmesis
Hob Nob Regular

by tmesis » 31 Jul 2020 12:22

Snowflake Royal
Maneki Neko

this is genuine nonsense

If SJM had his assets seized and was sent to jail, what his family would have done is rather irrelevant.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 31 Jul 2020 12:27

Old Man Andrews
Hendo From Dellor on Twitter:

I enjoy the thought of Tim Dellor having a direct line to BBC China.

I would assume it would be one of the China correspondents working for BBC News. Probably monitors bbcchina@bbc.com or something.