Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

Re: Dai Yongge in trouble with Chinese government

by Snowflake Royal » 31 Jul 2020 12:30

tmesis
Snowflake Royal
Maneki Neko
this is genuine nonsense

we are now in debt to a much larger degree, and dont own our own ground or training ground
that was not the case under JMW

Agreed, apart from JMW never running us.

There doesn't have to be any effort to split up the club, training ground and stadium anymore, it's already done.

If SJM died, his family are likely to have honoured his wishes around us and tried to do right by the club.

Like oxf*rd would that happen with our current owners if they got their assets seized and sent to jail.

If SJM had his assets seized and was sent to jail, what his family would have done is rather irrelevant.

Which wasn't the comparison. Irmt was SJM dropping dead of a heart attack. Or I wouldn't have said it.

SJMs money and activity was significantly lower chance of being dirty or seized too

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 31 Jul 2020 12:40

Snowflake Royal
tmesis
Snowflake Royal Agreed, apart from JMW never running us.

There doesn't have to be any effort to split up the club, training ground and stadium anymore, it's already done.

If SJM died, his family are likely to have honoured his wishes around us and tried to do right by the club.

Like oxf*rd would that happen with our current owners if they got their assets seized and sent to jail.

If SJM had his assets seized and was sent to jail, what his family would have done is rather irrelevant.

Which wasn't the comparison. Irmt was SJM dropping dead of a heart attack. Or I wouldn't have said it.

SJMs money and activity was significantly lower chance of being dirty or seized too

Got anything of more substance to contribute or just happy to say that we might have been ok as the family might have still stumped up when there is every chance they would just opted to spend his fortune on yachts and Spanish villas ?

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 31 Jul 2020 12:45

Nameless
Snowflake Royal
tmesis

Got anything of more substance to contribute or just happy to say that we might have been ok as the family might have still stumped up when there is every chance they would just opted to spend his fortune on yachts and Spanish villas ?

Chuck out something of substance and if I have anything to add I will.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 31 Jul 2020 13:02

Snowflake Royal
Nameless
Snowflake Royal Which wasn't the comparison. Irmt was SJM dropping dead of a heart attack. Or I wouldn't have said it.

That response just sums you up....

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 31 Jul 2020 13:06

Nameless
Snowflake Royal
Nameless

That response just sums you up....

Says the guy complaining about someone posting a substance less response to his substance less comparison.

If you want to go down that route again, fine. Bye.

karbota
Hob Nob Regular

by karbota » 31 Jul 2020 14:49

Nameless
karbota
Nameless
Never been the same since all those Scots came and turned the Northern game professional

So their not British then?.

Their British what ?

In football terms England is a separate country to Scotland (apparantly Scotland even has it’s own national team !)

Stop trying to diverge with fake news, I never mentioned English owners/players!. And did you not know spell check is free?.

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

by SCIAG » 31 Jul 2020 15:17

SJM was a used car salesman, they’re the least dodgy people in the world.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 31 Jul 2020 15:21

karbota
Nameless
karbota
So their not British then?.

Their British what ?

In football terms England is a separate country to Scotland (apparantly Scotland even has it’s own national team !)

Stop trying to diverge with fake news, I never mentioned English owners/players!. And did you not know spell check is free?.

No, you referred to Johnny Foreigner. In football terms Scots are foreigners.
Too subtle for you.
What has spellcheck got to do with anything ? If I ran spellcheck on your comment it wouldn't have flagged anything.

karbota
Hob Nob Regular

by karbota » 31 Jul 2020 16:29

Nameless
karbota
Nameless
Their British what ?

Too subtle for you.
What has spellcheck got to do with anything ? If I ran spellcheck on your comment it wouldn't have flagged anything.

Apparantly you have not read the whole post , read again and then say sorry.

Off course SJm was not a foreign owner, and would not have just pull the plug if things got a bit iffy, he has too many other local commitments, and being British and British based would not have risked his good name.

Really I think it is time to phase out Johnny foreigner at all levels of the game.

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 31 Jul 2020 16:32

karbota
Nameless
karbota

Too subtle for you.

Off course SJm was not a foreign owner, and would not have just pull the plug if things got a bit iffy, he has too many other local commitments, and being British and British based would not have risked his good name.

Really I think it is time to phase out Johnny foreigner at all levels of the game.

Casual xenophobia, stay classy.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 31 Jul 2020 16:38

karbota
Nameless
karbota

Too subtle for you.

"Of course" oxf*rd.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 31 Jul 2020 16:55

Millsy
karbota

There’s definitely a type of person I’d like to phase out of my country and it’s not Johnny Foreigner.

Amen to that.

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 31 Jul 2020 17:10

Serious question to mods- when a racist/Russian troll/whatever keeps signing up, is it not easy to kick them out asap? Must we endure this **** for longer than 48 hours?

I know the site needs footfall, but you're going to keep more people away by letting illiterate racists stay on here than keeping it clean.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 31 Jul 2020 17:34

karbota
Nameless
karbota

Too subtle for you.

You new to social media ?
No one apologises for taking the p*ss out of people like you.
Now find a corner, crawl into it and stay there.

Dick Habbin's hairdo
Hob Nob Regular

by Dick Habbin's hairdo » 31 Jul 2020 18:31

English football - and specifically the Prem - is a global business. The EPL only wants to maximize its revenues through (predominantly) broadcasting rights, while every ne'er-do-well (guns, drugs, slaves through to a little light corruption) globally wants to wash its dirty money (except Norway, of course) through owning a club.

This opens the door for every far eastern gambling syndicate to cream off and repatriate said money through wagers such as the 'precise minute so-and-so will get a booking.' Why are so many of the perimeter advertising hoardings in Chinese, eh? And why are so many clubs sponsored by Chinese betting firms? (Christ, I sound like the Oompah Loompa and his Chinese virus.)

It's all crooked from top to bottom.

Which makes it even more bizarre that one of the world's top ten sovereign wealth funds pulled out of the Newcastle deal because it was being dicked around by the spineless Richard Masters who was lobbied and influenced by crooked (mainly Scottish!) MPs in the pay of Qatar.

The Middle East shenanigans is a whole other story (and something that I know a little about) but hands-up who honestly thinks that Qatar won the rights to WC2022 fair and square?

With reference to the original post, live and let. Football club owners are all - mostly without exception - well dodgy. It's just the scale that differs from EPL down the pyramid. And footy in its current state couldn't survive without them.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 31 Jul 2020 19:49

Millsy Serious question to mods- when a racist/Russian troll/whatever keeps signing up, is it not easy to kick them out asap? Must we endure this **** for longer than 48 hours?

I know the site needs footfall, but you're going to keep more people away by letting illiterate racists stay on here than keeping it clean.

Only the site admin can wield the Ben Hamer and get rid of people.

And he's not very active at all. Even if the mods email him.

And with modern tech it's hard to stop them just creating a new account.

Do wish hobnob would give the Mods access to Ben Hamer though.

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 31 Jul 2020 19:56

Snowflake Royal
Millsy Serious question to mods- when a racist/Russian troll/whatever keeps signing up, is it not easy to kick them out asap? Must we endure this **** for longer than 48 hours?

I just hope we legit call it the Ben Hamer.

karbota
Hob Nob Regular

by karbota » 31 Jul 2020 22:25

Nameless
karbota
Nameless
Too subtle for you.

You new to social media ?
No one apologises for taking the p*ss out of people like you.
Now find a corner, crawl into it and stay there.

No problem with the piss, Just say sorry for being wrong.

Eid Mubarak.

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 31 Jul 2020 22:41

SCIAG SJM was a used car salesman, they’re the least dodgy people in the world.

Started a business that's currently worth over £5 billion on the LSE. Some people play hard but ethically.

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 31 Jul 2020 22:50

Snowflake Royal

He thankfully auctioned my eventual name change request from the ridiculous 2ww (thank you!) recently so he is around.

But I understand if he’s too busy to police people too much.

Perhaps as you suggest then he should let mods have the Ben, or at least let one trusted Uber mod have that power.

This is a well respected site of an extremely well respected club of a well respected multicultural and forward thinking major town.

To have people browsing our forums and seeing illiterate racist tossers allowed to spout endless divisive shit is not becoming of our town, our club nor this site.

I enjoyed my younger years breaking skinheads’ noses on Reading’s streets. It’s 2020 gimme a break.